Is anyone else scared...

I know i would rather Barnes training me than Penney. Also Tranmere's signings have been more exciting than ours in my opinion. Players such as Alan Mahon and John Welsh i think will prove to be better signings than Purdie and Furman.

Alright, alright, so you're a Tranmere fan!

We never would have guessed!!! :wink:

Go along now, there's nothing to see here.

I hope you're happy with Allott.

I know i would rather Barnes training me than Penney. Also Tranmere's signings have been more exciting than ours in my opinion. Players such as Alan Mahon and John Welsh i think will prove to be better signings than Purdie and Furman.

Depends if you for a big name with a :censored: track record as manager or someone with not as big a name but has a pretty decent track record.

OK maybe we would have been better going a bit lower for players but isn't anybody else worried about some of the signings that our rivals are making?

The thing is, you cant control what other teams do and there is a number of teams with more funds available then us. You can only do your best with the facilities you have available.

Alright, alright, so you're a Tranmere fan!

We never would have guessed!!! :wink:

Go along now, there's nothing to see here.

I hope you're happy with Allott.

I am not a tranmere fan mate, i just think that their signings will prove to better than ours and comparing them to pther teams i tink that we are falling behind from oter teams in our divsion.

...that our team consists mainly of mid-table league 2 players?

I'm usually very positive and optimistic in pre-season but I don't think we've signed 1 player from a higher league or 1 player that is proven even in league 1.

Whats everyone else's thoughts?

Yes I posted it last week :grin:

I just think he's not a "big" name. I know alot of people here hate Tranmere but if you had the chance to go to Tranmere with a better gorund and John Barnes, and Mcateer the, or Oldham with a small, old, dirty ground with a manager who has only ever managed in the lower leagues?

Exactly he has been a manager in the lower leagues so he knows league 1 and league 2 and therefore will have a better chance of picking a rough diamond What do Mcateer and Barnes know about manageing a club at this level that Penney doesn't?

I don't worry too much about other clubs and who they sign its not something we have any control over. Am I a little worried about the signings we have made maybe you do have a point. Some maybe a gamble Parker with his unsuccessful last 2 years and Abbot with his injury record, and their will have been a reason why the players we signed have been released from Huddersfield however they will come with a point to prove and hopefully that will spur them on.

I just think he's not a "big" name. I know alot of people here hate Tranmere but if you had the chance to go to Tranmere with a better gorund and John Barnes, and Mcateer the, or Oldham with a small, old, dirty ground with a manager who has only ever managed in the lower leagues?

In terms of football management success i think you will find DP is head and shoulders above Barnes and Mcateer. What have they ever done?!?!

Prenton Park is better since when? Its a horrible place to go.

what is going on with people?!?

Exactly he has been a manager in the lower leagues so he knows league 1 and league 2 and therefore will have a better chance of picking a rough diamond What do Mcateer and Barnes know about manageing a club at this level that Penney doesn't?

I don't worry too much about other clubs and who they sign its not something we have any control over. Am I a little worried about the signings we have made maybe you do have a point. Some maybe a gamble Parker with his unsuccessful last 2 years and Abbot with his injury record, and their will have been a reason why the players we signed have been released from Huddersfield however they will come with a point to prove and hopefully that will spur them on.

But the point i am getting at is that if you were a young up and coming player, i would much rather have brnes train me than Penney. A few people have said that we should go for young players but i think at the moment we are not a very "attractive" club for players who are looking to further their career.

In terms of football management success i think you will find DP is head and shoulders above Barnes and Mcateer. What have they ever done?!?!

Prenton Park is better since when? Its a horrible place to go.

what is going on with people?!?

Well you may have a point that Barnes has not done anything in the lower leagues but he di have an nbeaten record with Jamaica. And your point about Tranmeres ground i disagree with. Our ground has 3 stands and lets be hones it looks like a dump. OK prenton park may not be a nice ground but it is certainly better than ours.

But the point i am getting at is that if you were a young up and coming player, i would much rather have brnes train me than Penney. A few people have said that we should go for young players but i think at the moment we are not a very "attractive" club for players who are looking to further their career.

In all honesty it depends what happens when you meet both managers Penney knows this league so he will know the players better surely its better to join a manager who knows your strengths and weaknesses can address them straight away and will know how to make you a better player and get the best out of you that will be the most important thing interms of who you want to coach you. Alright Barnes is well recorgnised doesn't mean he will be the most attractive option or will be able to get the best out of what he's got.

At the end of the day its all about maximising resources thats why Burnley are in the Premiership and why Leeds, Norwich, Southampton and Charlton are in league1.