New ground poll time

Lags

Which style (type) of ground do you want to see built  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Grounds as example

• Wigan (25,000 seats from the off)
    • Colchester/Shrewsbury (4 lego stands with empty corners)
    • Colchester/Shrewsbury (lego stands with filled in corners)
    • MK Dons (Bowl style with 12,000 seats now with stands built from the off allowing further top tier seating when needed)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I've learned that 'a positive attitude' can't affect material reality

I find this odd from someone who believes that the, "ambition," shown by having a larger number of empty seats will attain promotion.

I find this odd from someone who believes that the, "ambition," shown by having a larger number of empty seats will attain promotion.

I don't believe that the number of seats has any bearing on actually achieving promotion. What it does have a bearing on is how serious the intention of promotion is.

Nah, keep gettin caught, i'm quick but lazy.

Now, you say people misrepresent what you're saying, but the bottom line is you generally turn a topic about something completely different into your same tired debate. You do this before anybody has said anything about you or your view point. Like i've said more than once before, why don't you just keep it to one topic, unless of course someone brings it up. If someone brings it up in another topic then fair enough, argue your little heart out, I may even cheer you on, but I can't see the point in trying to force this on people.

Oh and it may not be your job to think up solutions but it's constructive to do so and who knows, if you actually came up with something good maybe the club would listen. You don't think the fans have ever affected anything club related before? The march from the civic centre seemed to have some sort of impact wouldn't you say?

A word of advice (yet again): if you have such a problem with the kind of thing I post up here, go and read the 99% of threads I don't contribute to.

The march was about affecting the decisions of the council. The club and the demonstrators were in full agreement.

people used to say newcastle and middlesborough natural position was the premiership....and southhampton as well....

so in your eyes then if the club built this new stadium with an initial capacity of say 20k capacity,that would suffice as stating some ambition then???

regardless of the fact the likely hood of filling it is nigh on impossible until we was in the premier league,how silly and degrading would it look to have us 3.5k season ticket holders and the odd floaters rattling around inside a cavenous ground,all our chants echoing like were shouting down a cave....

i havent got a problem with them putting it at 12,providing its built to be expandable as and when needed....yes the initial build cost for a higher capacity would be negligable at this stage..and no doubt the cost to expand at a later date would be more,but thats a chance you have to take im affraid.

In the case of Newcatle it is. They'll be back there sooner or later. Not sure about the other two. Perhaps they're borderline PL/Championship?

Why is it degrading to have empty seats in your ground? After all, the vast majority of clubs don't fill their grounds week-in, week-out. And haven't we been degradedly playing in front of banks of empty seats for some time now? Ground capacity reflects ambition, not what you expect to fill every week. It represents the intention, realistic or not, to fill your ground to a certain capacity as often as possible. In the case of the latest stadium proposal, Latics' ambitions seem to have been revised downwards, towards a future in which we rarely play against big clubs.