New ground poll time

Lags

Which style (type) of ground do you want to see built  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Grounds as example

• Wigan (25,000 seats from the off)
    • Colchester/Shrewsbury (4 lego stands with empty corners)
    • Colchester/Shrewsbury (lego stands with filled in corners)
    • MK Dons (Bowl style with 12,000 seats now with stands built from the off allowing further top tier seating when needed)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one with just less than 12.000 capacity at Molde in Norway is a great exmaple of the design Latics should go for, it's cosy, compact, and atmospheric.

molde04.jpg

I really like that actually, somethign a little different from your average 1 tier soulless bowl, we should definitely get on at the club to go for something like this (provided of course it's a popular choice, don't want to be forcing through something only a few want).

Don't tell me that you actually believe that anything on here is going to affect what happens. Jesus.

It's not an unrealistic white elephant trying to make a statement, so why not?

What sort of stadium would like to see?

It's not an unrealistic white elephant trying to make a statement, so why not?

What sort of stadium would like to see?

I'd like to see something as good as the BP redevelopment was supposed to be.

But that's been downscaled in favour of a glorified non-league ground for a permanently lower division club.

But that's been downscaled in favour of a glorified non-league ground for a permanently lower division club.

How do you know, have you seen the plans ?

Is that the most recent one with flats or the Sports PArk one.

I suppose the problem with the most recent (maybe there should be a generic name for it) is the problem of getting the housing planning permission for the new area.

Would it be any less ambitious to you if it were the 16k stadium but without the flats but all the other buildings ie just the stadium? Or was it the whoel development and seemingly long term stability that appealed?

How do you know, have you seen the plans ?

No-but they've said the model is Colchester or Shrewbury, heven't they?

And they've lopped 25% off the capacity overnight. A short time ago it was considered that we need 16000 seats. Now we only need three quarters of that amount. What's changed?

I'll take a stab at an answer: we failed to gain promotion last season. This, along with the economic crisis, has sealed our fate. We are having a Colchester/Shrewsbury type ground (supposedly) because we have booked a Colchester/Shrewsbury type future.

Some of us said before the start of last season that the 2008/9 squad was going to be playing in Last Chance Saloon.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

You were doing so well ... until that last bit. But you tried and I'm sure we are all very thankful for that.

Is that the most recent one with flats or the Sports PArk one.

I suppose the problem with the most recent (maybe there should be a generic name for it) is the problem of getting the housing planning permission for the new area.

Would it be any less ambitious to you if it were the 16k stadium but without the flats but all the other buildings ie just the stadium? Or was it the whoel development and seemingly long term stability that appealed?

The whole package appealed, not just to me but to most fans, I would imagine. Wasn't it this that was supposed to finance our way back to a long-term berth in the Championship?

I'll back the decision made by the people who know the detailed financial and planning issues surrounding the proposed development. Ultimately I'm just a fan, interested in the football, who knows little if anything of the issue, in spite of how much I'd like to know or may believe I know. The size of ground and the way it looks is really not that important to me. I'll go with it, and reserve judgement until it's built, we play there and I experience it. Bring on 09/10 at BP.

These personal remarks you are making to everyone today. Thought you were a clever man?

Anyhow back on topic. Some great ground ideas here ..... keep it up

I've never claimed to be particularly clever, although it isn't difficult to appear so alongside some of what gets posted on here.

But let's get this clear-who appointed you to champion their cause? You have, as you often do, followed me round, not to address the points I'm making but in a poor effort to bait me. You then start crying when you're answered back. The moral of the story: don't dish it out unless you're prepared to take it.

But let's get this clear-who appointed you to champion their cause?

Me and as long as you continue to try and lead things off topics ... I'll be there in a vain attempt to directed you to the right topic.

Fair enough