New ground poll time

Lags

Which style (type) of ground do you want to see built  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Grounds as example

• Wigan (25,000 seats from the off)
    • Colchester/Shrewsbury (4 lego stands with empty corners)
    • Colchester/Shrewsbury (lego stands with filled in corners)
    • MK Dons (Bowl style with 12,000 seats now with stands built from the off allowing further top tier seating when needed)

Whatever it looks like i just pray that it's not like Doncasters -

I would pack my S/T in if it was.

Just hope they get the design right from the start and fans have some say in it !!!!!!!

Edited by losesome

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful Corporal :)

What our friends try to do here is continue to wind you up and throw crap / personal remarks at you and then they ban you when you finally snap and give them some back :)

Its called censorship :) But they wont admit that :)

Corp has been called a few names over a couple of threads now. Didn't see anyone fighting his cause when those remarks where presented.....

Edited by oafc0000

Me and as long as you continue to try and lead things off topics ... I'll be there in a vain attempt to directed you to the right topic.

Fair enough

The trouble is that your judgement is completely arbitrary. If you decide something's off-topic then you'll jump on it, despite my argument being clearly related to the topic, even if the title of thre thread may not make it obvious. That's because you seem to be becoming a little obsessed with me. It's a bit like the obsession the bluebottle has for the horse. Whoops, there I go having to give that tail of mine another flick...

It's such a waste of energy. Can't you just accept that people have a different, less naive and more sophisticated viewpoint than yourself? There's plenty of room for people like you, with your 'my club right or wrong' cannon foddery. I can accept that. There's room for us all. Can't you learn a little tolerance?

Careful Corporal :)

What our friends try to do here is continue to wind you up and throw crap / personal remarks at you and then they ban you when you finally snap and give them some back :)

Its called censorship :) But they wont admit that :)

Corp has been called a few names over a couple of threads now. Didn't see anyone fighting his cause when those remarks where presented.....

It must be great to have Right on your side though, eh?

All together now, 'Onwards Christian soldiers...'

Me and as long as you continue to try and lead things off topics ... I'll be there in a vain attempt to directed you to the right topic.

Fair enough

I'm pretty sure i've already suggested we have a sticky topic to cover Corporal Jones favourite subject. He can be there all day, everyday to debate it with all the people who haven't yet heard it near on a thousand times. He can then offer no solutions whatsoever or even as much as an idea and then tell anyone else who cares to put something forward that it won't work. It's definitely gonna be a hit. Also my edit was clearly explained.

B)

edit: I miss spelt giraffe.

Edited by LeylandLatic

I'm pretty sure i've already suggested we have a sticky topic to cover Corporal Jones favourite subject. He can be there all day, everyday to debate it with all the people who haven't yet heard it near on a thousand times. He can then offer no solutions whatsoever or even as much as an idea and then tell anyone else who cares to put something forward that it won't work. It's definitely gonna be a hit. Also my edit was clearly explained.

B)

edit: I miss spelt giraffe.

I'm not even on 99% of threads on here.

And I've already explained too many times to remember why it isn't up to me, you, or any other ordinary fan to offer 'solutions'. As if they'd be taken up if we tried.

The main reason I have to repeat myself is because of people who wilfully misrepresent what I'm saying, or are unable to comprehend simple posts on a messageboard.

Now shouldn't you be making the most of the school holidays and playing knock-a-door-runaway' or something?

For a fourth division club.

So a club can't demonstrate community involvement or social responsibility otherwise?

do you actually know what the facilities are at Shrewsbury?

Edited by LaticsPete

So a club can't demonstrate community involvement or social responsibility otherwise?

do you actually know what the facilities are at Shrewsbury?

I know that Shrewsbury are a fourth division club, and always will be, in essence, a fourth division club.

The club can demonstrate lots of things without resigning itself to a lower division future.

I know that Shrewsbury are a fourth division club, and always will be, in essence, a fourth division club.

The club can demonstrate lots of things without resigning itself to a lower division future.

So the answer to my question is no.

And as for Shrews alaways being a 4th Div club.....for one like that they've shown a lot of ambition in recent years. wages, fees, new ground in a smaller town,,,,,but you always know more than anyone else .

So the answer to my question is no.

And as for Shrews alaways being a 4th Div club.....for one like that they've shown a lot of ambition in recent years. wages, fees, new ground in a smaller town,,,,,but you always know more than anyone else .

I never claimed to know what their facilities are like.

Ambition is to be admired. But they're still a fourth division club.

Laugh away, children.

So they're not a fourth division club?

Completely ignoring my point that the model of Col and Shrews was to do with the community involvement aspect rather than the architecture. You really squirm don't you?

Shrews are 4th Div, Col are 3rd Div, Both have been 2nd Div. Wolves have been 4th Div. Fulham have been 3rd Div.So what?

It's about creating a facility that puts something into the community and provides a base for the football club to grow stronger.

Edited by LaticsPete

Completely ignoring my point that the model of Col and Shrews was to do with the community involvement aspect rather than the architecture. You really squirm don't you?

Shrews are 4th Div, Col are 3rd Div, Both have been 2nd Div. Wolves have been 4th Div. Fulham have been 3rd Div.So what?

It's about creating a facility that puts something into the community and provides a base for the football club to grow stronger.

You seem to be the one who's squirming and getting upset. I know what you were saying about community involvement. But when it's to be accompanied by a little 12000 seater stadium I doubt if the stadium itself is going to be all that different.

Yes, yes, and City and Aston Villa have been in the third division, but their natural home is the top flight. Shrewsbury's natural home is the fourth division and so is Colchester's when it comes down to it. (Lots of essentially fourth division clubs have managed to surpass us in recent years, however, pushovers and non-achievers that we've become.) There was a time when we could have claimed that our natural home was the division above, but I fear those times have gone. The little stadium being proposed is a reflection of an acceptance of that in my opinion.

Anyway, as I said, I'm off until Sunday. Have fun.

You seem to be the one who's squirming and getting upset. I know what you were saying about community involvement. But when it's to be accompanied by a little 12000 seater stadium I doubt if the stadium itself is going to be all that different.

Yes, yes, and City and Aston Villa have been in the third division, but their natural home is the top flight. Shrewsbury's natural home is the fourth division and so is Colchester's when it comes down to it. (Lots of essentially fourth division clubs have managed to surpass us in recent years, however, pushovers and non-achievers that we've become.) There was a time when we could have claimed that our natural home was the division above, but I fear those times have gone. The little stadium being proposed is a reflection of an acceptance of that in my opinion.

Anyway, as I said, I'm off until Sunday. Have fun.

people used to say newcastle and middlesborough natural position was the premiership....and southhampton as well....

so in your eyes then if the club built this new stadium with an initial capacity of say 20k capacity,that would suffice as stating some ambition then???

regardless of the fact the likely hood of filling it is nigh on impossible until we was in the premier league,how silly and degrading would it look to have us 3.5k season ticket holders and the odd floaters rattling around inside a cavenous ground,all our chants echoing like were shouting down a cave....

i havent got a problem with them putting it at 12,providing its built to be expandable as and when needed....yes the initial build cost for a higher capacity would be negligable at this stage..and no doubt the cost to expand at a later date would be more,but thats a chance you have to take im affraid.

I'm not even on 99% of threads on here.

And I've already explained too many times to remember why it isn't up to me, you, or any other ordinary fan to offer 'solutions'. As if they'd be taken up if we tried.

The main reason I have to repeat myself is because of people who wilfully misrepresent what I'm saying, or are unable to comprehend simple posts on a messageboard.

Now shouldn't you be making the most of the school holidays and playing knock-a-door-runaway' or something?

Nah, keep gettin caught, i'm quick but lazy.

Now, you say people misrepresent what you're saying, but the bottom line is you generally turn a topic about something completely different into your same tired debate. You do this before anybody has said anything about you or your view point. Like i've said more than once before, why don't you just keep it to one topic, unless of course someone brings it up. If someone brings it up in another topic then fair enough, argue your little heart out, I may even cheer you on, but I can't see the point in trying to force this on people.

Oh and it may not be your job to think up solutions but it's constructive to do so and who knows, if you actually came up with something good maybe the club would listen. You don't think the fans have ever affected anything club related before? The march from the civic centre seemed to have some sort of impact wouldn't you say?