Repeating History ?... Let us all hope NOT !

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue

A great deal of the comments posted about the proposed new ground are mostly negative scare tactics, or from people wanting to or having to blow their own trumpets.

Worryingly many have been heard before and some in particular from some well known posters originally on JKL and now on OWTB, these people continually kick up the dirt usually on the scent of a bit of tittle tattle heard at the ground or whatever.

Amazing how Chris Moore was a hero, stuck in £5m of his or Torex money ?....then as we all know walked away from OAFC, quite naturally I believe the majority of fans saw him as the villain after that episode, despite the fact that he left £4.5 for someone to lose down a black hole, whatever your views.... could it have been that he was simply pissed off with everything that goes on at B.P.... ? I'm not taking sides, I have my own views and they have been confirmed as correct.

Then we had the awful spell when the future of the club was in the balance, with Sean and Neil the temporary owners of the club when they paid Chris Moore £1.00 - and yes that transaction did take place !... and yes Sean never got his .50p back !...I don't think Neil did either, however we then had more ridiculous statements and attacks on Sean Jarvis, whom it was suggested "had pocketed large sums of money", all of which caused yet more unrest and ill feeling within the club, the comments never being substantiated or proved by the poster(s) and yes they made totally false claims. based entirely on gossip.

Having survived and the TTA arriving at the club, with plans and ideas which all appeared to be for everyone's benefit, we all know the outcome of Clayton playing fields, Sports Park 2000 and so on, then the saga of getting planning permission to develop the ground and the surrounding areas at Boundary Park.

All of which attracted yet more unsubstantiated claims and ridiculous statements, which the present Directors and owners of the club used to read on here on a regular basis, I'm not sure now though; in fact I would go further and sincerely hope they don't with

these "in the know" - "guessers" - "tittle tattle experts" once again started to express views which appear to be directed at the TTA and in some cases individuals within the present Board.

Now we've got the Credit Crunch or whatever....like most other people the TTA are affected by this, but probably in their case as they once had more money than us; and substantial amounts of it, they will have lost more, surely it is natural that they have to "cut their cloth" as we have done or had to do?.....

They have, I suspect through Oldham Council with continuing discussions between them, become aware that there was a chance of maybe acquiring land adjacent to the Lancaster Club and further a possibility of purchasing the land & buildings etc. presently owned by BAE....whatever they have done I can only see it as sensible and a step forward, also some sort of profit for them or their other companies when Boundary Park is eventually sold, this most certainly is not a problem to me and quite frankly to be realistic - it's "None of our business"

The fact that someone has had the sense to propose a new football ground for Oldham Athletic at that site sounds a wonderful idea to me, I hope it all goes ahead and Boundary Park is eventually raised to the ground, bits sold off, new houses and whatever built on the land, which will please the "dog walkers" I'm sure. :lol:

How can anyone expect the TTA to continue to finance the running of OAFC whilst paying out close on £10k weekly average on ground and building repairs and maintenance ?.... if you had that sort of money - You would not take that path, neither have the TTA, so why now are they being subjected to suspicion of underhand activities ?...yet again as in the case of Chris Moore and Sean Jarvis !

We all know what happened to Mr Moore and Sean who was one of the best guys the club have ever had with the additional mention of Gordon who is almost equal to Sean for genuine loyalty and effort.

I have this fear that maybe, if people continue to make these suggestions that "they heard something"...or "SC did or said this or that"... we WILL soon be heading down the same road to destruction, have we never learned ?

Come on TTA, most of us appreciate you for what you have done for our club, most of us appreciate the idea of a New Ground, most of us are totally behind what you do, whilst you are still here !....others - the minority may not and will always be against anything they don't physically have a hand in, we trust they will not deter you from this new project, whatever and wherever it may be.

Thanks.

A great deal of the comments posted about the proposed new ground are mostly negative scare tactics, or from people wanting to or having to blow their own trumpets.

Worryingly many have been heard before and some in particular from some well known posters originally on JKL and now on OWTB, these people continually kick up the dirt usually on the scent of a bit of tittle tattle heard at the ground or whatever.

Amazing how Chris Moore was a hero, stuck in £5m of his or Torex money ?....then as we all know walked away from OAFC, quite naturally I believe the majority of fans saw him as the villain after that episode, despite the fact that he left £4.5 for someone to lose down a black hole, whatever your views.... could it have been that he was simply pissed off with everything that goes on at B.P.... ? I'm not taking sides, I have my own views and they have been confirmed as correct.

Then we had the awful spell when the future of the club was in the balance, with Sean and Neil the temporary owners of the club when they paid Chris Moore £1.00 - and yes that transaction did take place !... and yes Sean never got his .50p back !...I don't think Neil did either, however we then had more ridiculous statements and attacks on Sean Jarvis, whom it was suggested "had pocketed large sums of money", all of which caused yet more unrest and ill feeling within the club, the comments never being substantiated or proved by the poster(s) and yes they made totally false claims. based entirely on gossip.

Having survived and the TTA arriving at the club, with plans and ideas which all appeared to be for everyone's benefit, we all know the outcome of Clayton playing fields, Sports Park 2000 and so on, then the saga of getting planning permission to develop the ground and the surrounding areas at Boundary Park.

All of which attracted yet more unsubstantiated claims and ridiculous statements, which the present Directors and owners of the club used to read on here on a regular basis, I'm not sure now though; in fact I would go further and sincerely hope they don't with

these "in the know" - "guessers" - "tittle tattle experts" once again started to express views which appear to be directed at the TTA and in some cases individuals within the present Board.

Now we've got the Credit Crunch or whatever....like most other people the TTA are affected by this, but probably in their case as they once had more money than us; and substantial amounts of it, they will have lost more, surely it is natural that they have to "cut their cloth" as we have done or had to do?.....

They have, I suspect through Oldham Council with continuing discussions between them, become aware that there was a chance of maybe acquiring land adjacent to the Lancaster Club and further a possibility of purchasing the land & buildings etc. presently owned by BAE....whatever they have done I can only see it as sensible and a step forward, also some sort of profit for them or their other companies when Boundary Park is eventually sold, this most certainly is not a problem to me and quite frankly to be realistic - it's "None of our business"

The fact that someone has had the sense to propose a new football ground for Oldham Athletic at that site sounds a wonderful idea to me, I hope it all goes ahead and Boundary Park is eventually raised to the ground, bits sold off, new houses and whatever built on the land, which will please the "dog walkers" I'm sure. :lol:

How can anyone expect the TTA to continue to finance the running of OAFC whilst paying out close on £10k weekly average on ground and building repairs and maintenance ?.... if you had that sort of money - You would not take that path, neither have the TTA, so why now are they being subjected to suspicion of underhand activities ?...yet again as in the case of Chris Moore and Sean Jarvis !

We all know what happened to Mr Moore and Sean who was one of the best guys the club have ever had with the additional mention of Gordon who is almost equal to Sean for genuine loyalty and effort.

I have this fear that maybe, if people continue to make these suggestions that "they heard something"...or "SC did or said this or that"... we WILL soon be heading down the same road to destruction, have we never learned ?

Come on TTA, most of us appreciate you for what you have done for our club, most of us appreciate the idea of a New Ground, most of us are totally behind what you do, whilst you are still here !....others - the minority may not and will always be against anything they don't physically have a hand in, we trust they will not deter you from this new project, whatever and wherever it may be.

Thanks.

95% of the questions being asked about the proposed new stadium have nothing whatsoever to do with 'tittle tattle.'

Nearly all of those claiming to be 'in the know' are uncritically supportive of both TTA and the stadium proposal.

You can't raise something to the ground without defying the laws of gravity, by the way.

Thanks.

Great post!

Guest FyldeBlue

95% of the questions being asked about the proposed new stadium have nothing whatsoever to do with 'tittle tattle.'

Nearly all of those claiming to be 'in the know' are uncritically supportive of both TTA and the stadium proposal.

You can't raise something to the ground without defying the laws of gravity, by the way.

Thanks Corporal for those reassuring statements - sadly wrong on all counts and let me see - who was it who let the apple fall on his head ...? erm could have been Corporal Jones....oh no that was a brick that fell in his case. :argue:

Really pal you leave yourself wide open, I never mentioned any percentage, you did and once again simply "guessed" at a figure :grin:

Anyway you've been challenged to explain your statements....go on give it a try or have you still got a bump ? :sleeping:

Guest FyldeBlue
"What are you babbling on about"...

Singe, don't worry too much, unfortunately he's had a "brick dropping" experience, on his head I think. :grin:

Thanks Corporal for those reassuring statements - sadly wrong on all counts and let me see - who was it who let the apple fall on his head ...? erm could have been Corporal Jones....oh no that was a brick that fell in his case. :argue:

Really pal you leave yourself wide open, I never mentioned any percentage, you did and once again simply "guessed" at a figure :grin:

Anyway you've been challenged to explain your statements....go on give it a try or have you still got a bump ? :sleeping:

Nice to see that you've added a variety of smilies just to clarify your meaning.

The reality is it's in the hands of T4A and their finances.

I just hope they take on board the various opinion of genuine fans and give us something to be proud of for the long term future of the club.

Guest FyldeBlue
That's rich coming from somebody who not long ago posted up a long piece of utter delusion.

eh ?

I can only guess you are aiming that comment at either me or Singe, could I ask Corporal Sir, are you also qualified in other subjects ?

The other two below, we all know about and quite clearly after most of your posts can fully understand why you are considered the Expert on OWTB when it comes to such matters.

The Laws of Gravity - "A Brick fell on my Head" - By Corp Jones.

The Deluded Mind - "A personal anthology" - By Lieutenant Commander Jones.

If you are intent on chucking more stones Corp and would like a full explanation of anything I have ever posted on this OWTB site, just clarify which points and feel free to ask pal.

One sure thing - you will get an answer and it will be factual, not yet another fairy story. :bored:

Yet another smilie for you :ass1:

eh ?

I can only guess you are aiming that comment at either me or Singe, could I ask Corporal Sir, are you also qualified in other subjects ?

The other two below, we all know about and quite clearly after most of your posts can fully understand why you are considered the Expert on OWTB when it comes to such matters.

The Laws of Gravity - "A Brick fell on my Head" - By Corp Jones.

The Deluded Mind - "A personal anthology" - By Lieutenant Commander Jones.

If you are intent on chucking more stones Corp and would like a full explanation of anything I have ever posted on this OWTB site, just clarify which points and feel free to ask pal.

One sure thing - you will get an answer and it will be factual, not yet another fairy story. :bored:

Yet another smilie for you :ass1:

Here's one for you.

:o