Billy Sharp

You don't know until you ask. I think that's my whole point. Enquiries cost nothing.

...and then there's his wages. Was it Barnsley who took the second string keeper at WBA on loan (in the Cup semi final season), but struggled to sign him as he was on £8k a week (Steele was it, I think they managed it in the end)?

A centre forward at Sheffield United could well be earning more than our whole first team put together.

No harm in asking, but I suspect we'll just be wasting 10p in a phone call.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Guest FyldeBlue
I would be annoyed if we dont at least enquire...

What a player to come up for grabs...

The Sheffield-born striker has attracted the attention of several clubs including Doncaster Rovers, Barnsley and Scunthorpe.

However, it is believed that none of the clubs are interested in meeting the Blades' asking price for the striker.

And that oafc0000 answers your post, why on earth feel angry about something that at this present time 'is impossible', the days of Latics paying out silly money for players, and often in Big Joe's days silly money for silly players have gone for now, BUT the situation WILL change when we get into the Championship.

To get there this season will take a tremendous effort, fans supporting all the players, the 'boo boys' being stopped in their actions and real support with a lot less of the 'big gobs' shouting abuse at every failed move.

Unless there is a change in these practices I can't see the club going anywhere other than out of existence, regardless of the new ground plans.

In my 55 years plus of being a Latics supporter I cannot recall during the first 48 years !... any supporter booing their own team players, nor shouting abuse and filth when moves went wrong, in the last 6 years that has changed and sadly it is no longer a pleasure to go to Boundary Park.

Which my friend is one of the main reasons the fan base has decreased so much, however keep the faith, and good luck

Regards FB :bounce:

Can not be arsed with the mass seal clapping kangroo court on here...

10p call..."how much you asking for??"

I love the way that some of you lot feel your in a place to state what / who we can and can not afford...

State or give an opinion. Pretty boring place if you are not allowed an opinion.

Most people have said would love to , but have to be realistic.

Some have eevn said, worth a call too.

But be realstic in a 3 way fight in Donny in the Championship, mega rich Notts County and us, what makes you even think he is even considering us? I am not being accustaitonal, just curious as to why you think we are an option, and the phone won't get hung up?

State or give an opinion. Pretty boring place if you are not allowed an opinion.

I know most of you think we are little dieing Oldham and we should give up today and conceded notts county are the club for the good players, I will hope for more though. Just getting bored of the negative attitude from the fans.

Signs off the thread.

Edited by oafc0000

I know most of you think we are little dieing Oldham and we should give up today and conceded notts county are the club for the good players, I will hope for more though. Just getting bored of the negative attitude from the fans.

Signs off the thread.

Well they are. That is fact.

It's not little 3rd Division Notts County.

It's Notts County backed by mega rich Arabs Notts County.

but no I don't think we are dying but think we are cutting our cloth accordingly. Not trying to sign players like we are still or think we belong) in the PRem.

Shame you are signing off ( Ihope you change you'remind), there is no perosnal animosity, just banter and trading opinions

Well they are. That is fact.

It's not little 3rd Division Notts County.

It's Notts County backed by mega rich Arabs Notts County.

but no I don't think we are dying but think we are cutting our cloth accordingly. Not trying to sign players like we are still or think we belong) in the PRem.

Shame you are signing off ( Ihope you change you'remind), there is no perosnal animosity, just banter and trading opinions

Yup, massive Notts County gets rich Arabs and we get three poor ex-pats / yanks.

Notts County get good players we get Byfield....

Notts County get a big ground we get a council house...

DEMAND MORE FOR GODS SAKE!!!

I mention making a 10p phone call and your not interested....

Depressing being a Oldham fan...mainly because of other Oldham fans who have lost the faith...

You all attacking "corp" for being negative. Some people need to look at themselves.

Edited by oafc0000

Yup, massive Notts County gets rich Arabs and we get three poor ex-pats / yanks.

Notts County get good players we get Byfield....

Notts County get a big ground we get a council house...

DEMAND MORE FOR GODS SAKE!!!

I mention making a 10p phone call and your not interested....

Depressing being a Oldham fan...mainly because of other Oldham fans who have lost the faith...

You all attacking "corp" for being negative. Some people need to look at themselves.

corp would think you are talking rubbish aswell, out of our price range and wont be ablt to afford his wages.

be real man :shock: