Byfield, Gregan, Huddersfields reserves, LOL

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. Do you honestly think players like Worthington, Parker, Gregan and possibly Byfield will make us better considering they did NOTHING for their respective teams last year.

Q2. Do you honestly think these players are willing to sweat blood for the club?

Q3. Do you believe leaving our catchment area to move into the backyard of a hugely rich, soon to be very successful local neighbour with far better facilities is a good business idea?

Q4. Do you seriously believe Oldham will finish in the top 6?

See, no hyperbole, just 4 simple questions.

Think and believe are not factual answer but merely more to do with someones opiniions so theres isn't really a right or wrong answer to them for you to 'prove wrong'.

I'll give my two pennies though:

1 - I think Worthington, Parker and even Byfield (if signed) will do more for us than Maher and all the loan forwards we had last season. Gregan...I'm not sure of...depends on how much he has changed, mentally and physically but I'm not expecting him to run back with a forward who's broke free. I'm hoping the likes of Worthington will stop our back 4 getting sooo exposed as we were last season.

2 - Not for the club, but for Penney. The days of players playing for the club are rare these days. Only an exceptional few do it i.e. Taylor for us, Shearer for Newcastle etc.

3 - Business wise, if it keeps the club actually around then I'm for it...if it's self suffficient as they say (by hiring of facilities to people and companies and the function room in the bar area to weddings/birthday parties etc) then it's got to be a good thing in my eyes. I'd rather see my football team playing then saying "I remember Oldham...shame the club went bust and into oblivion". It's not so much the place you go to watch, it's the football on the pitch.

4 - I don't think we'll finish in the top 6 as when Penney came in and started making changes, I knew it was a transactional season, so it's more about stabalising the team then going for a push for promotion next season or the one after, but if it happens this season, even better.

There is no way in the world, and I'm willing to take any bet you can think of, that Latics will get promoted next season. No chance whatsoever. You all know it. The mercenaries, sorry players, weren't good enough for various clubs last season and wont be good enough this.

Whats the point in next season? Nothing excitings gonna happen. 12th place, FA Cup second round and Coca Cola Cup (or whatever its called now cup) 2nd round.

Enjoy paying ridiculous prices to watch 3rd Division mid table football people!

Oh, and moving to within 4 miles of the worlds richest (and sadly, soon to be very successful) club would be a marvellous business decision. Of course, Latics 12,000 seater stadium would have better community facilities and more prestige for events than the City Of Manchester Stadium Complex wouldn't it. Also, I wonder who the youngsters in the area will decide to support?

but dave has never put promotion into the equation when he signed up...safety first is his prority..and how the hell can we be expected to compete with charlton norwich etcetera who have vasty superior budget's If you ain't learned yet you never will..I'ts a rollercoaster watching oldham enjoy it matey ...I do :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

as for failsworth .. hey look on the bright side ..new boozers to explore....

I'm a realist rather than an optimist.

We know your sort - you're just one of Corporal Jones's foot soldiers. There's no room for you on these forums... :grin:

Hey, I just had an idea (or two):

1) Can we have a Corporal Jones Doom & Gloom Section in the new 12,000 stadium

2) They (we?) could all have chants such as "Corporal Jones's Barmy Army!" :lol:

We know your sort - you're just one of Corporal Jones's foot soldiers. There's no room for you on these forums... :grin:

Hey, I just had an idea (or two):

1) Can we have a Corporal Jones Doom & Gloom Section in the new 12,000 stadium

2) They (we?) could all have chants such as "Corporal Jones's Barmy Army!" :lol:

Another CJ Barmy Army Chant might be : (Que Sera Sera) Miser-ee, miser-ee, whatever will be will be, we're on the decline you see, miser-ee miser-ee.

There is no way in the world, and I'm willing to take any bet you can think of, that Latics will get promoted next season. No chance whatsoever. You all know it. The mercenaries, sorry players, weren't good enough for various clubs last season and wont be good enough this.

Whats the point in next season? Nothing excitings gonna happen. 12th place, FA Cup second round and Coca Cola Cup (or whatever its called now cup) 2nd round.

Enjoy paying ridiculous prices to watch 3rd Division mid table football people!

Oh, and moving to within 4 miles of the worlds richest (and sadly, soon to be very successful) club would be a marvellous business decision. Of course, Latics 12,000 seater stadium would have better community facilities and more prestige for events than the City Of Manchester Stadium Complex wouldn't it. Also, I wonder who the youngsters in the area will decide to support?

WHAT A KNOB YOU ARE! = GO SHOPPING WITH THE WIFE AND LEAVE US ALL ALONE THEN