Byfield, Gregan, Huddersfields reserves, LOL

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FyldeBlue
Is that another Wooooosh Fylde? :hooked:

I guess it depends of course on your brain capacity Hallam, sadly and obviously once again as in your case yet another :whoosh:

There is no way in the world, and I'm willing to take any bet you can think of, that Latics will get promoted next season. No chance whatsoever. You all know it. The mercenaries, sorry players, weren't good enough for various clubs last season and wont be good enough this.

Whats the point in next season? Nothing excitings gonna happen. 12th place, FA Cup second round and Coca Cola Cup (or whatever its called now cup) 2nd round.

Enjoy paying ridiculous prices to watch 3rd Division mid table football people!

Oh, and moving to within 4 miles of the worlds richest (and sadly, soon to be very successful) club would be a marvellous business decision. Of course, Latics 12,000 seater stadium would have better community facilities and more prestige for events than the City Of Manchester Stadium Complex wouldn't it. Also, I wonder who the youngsters in the area will decide to support?

What is the point of you and this post?

I'm a fan. There my opinions. Why didnt you Lincolners get behind the Thai Restaurant in Market Rasen?!? It was my girlfriends and she closed it and moved to Chester because you cheapskates wouldnt go in!

A fan of who? The Thai restaurant in Louth is excellent so people probably went there instead.

I'm a fan. There my opinions. Why didnt you Lincolners get behind the Thai Restaurant in Market Rasen?!? It was my girlfriends and she closed it and moved to Chester because you cheapskates wouldnt go in!

And it should be "They're my opinions" not "There my opinions"

"There is no way in the world, and I'm willing to take any bet you can think of, that Latics will get promoted next season. No chance whatsoever."

Fair enough its your money

"The mercenaries, sorry players, weren't good enough for various clubs last season and wont be good enough this."

How do you know this? No one knows how a player will turn out at another club.

Whats the point in next season? Nothing excitings gonna happen. 12th place, FA Cup second round and Coca Cola Cup (or whatever its called now cup) 2nd round.

The point is that we are Oldham fans and we dont just drop our club because they are not favourites for promotion. Strange thing happen in football. Didnt everyone say Leeds were going up at the begining of last season. Would You have predicted Charlton, Norwich and Southampton getting relegated at the begining of last season? Would you have predicted Newcastle getting relegated?

And to be honest Ive been to places like Man U and as good as the football is, I didnt enjoy it half as much as going to Oldham. I go and enjoy the game a have a few pints with my mates, THATS the point in next season.

Enjoy paying ridiculous prices to watch 3rd Division mid table football people!

No I dont enjoy having to pay what I do but thats life. I enjoy going to Oldham and thats why I will continue to go.

Oh, and moving to within 4 miles of the worlds richest (and sadly, soon to be very successful) club would be a marvellous business decision. Of course, Latics 12,000 seater stadium would have better community facilities and more prestige for events than the City Of Manchester Stadium Complex wouldn't it. Also, I wonder who the youngsters in the area will decide to support?

You must be a very rich man as you seem to know everything about business. Sadly TTA know nothing about business, they must have all won the lottery or something as they are all millionaires.

The location of the stadium is not ideal but at least it will move the club forward. We dont all have mega rich owners to throw money at the club, not much we can do about that.

Everything this guy says here

If I was 15 years older, guess what, I'd have been supporting them for 37 years too! Thats a fantastic argument.

I know more about Latics than 95% of the people on here. I'm even in one of the books (Team From The Town Of The Chimneys or the History Of Oldham Athletic) wearing a ski jacket in a hot May day with Ian Marshall on my shoulder after we beat Sheffield Wednesday in 1990.

I am just a realist.

brf just a quicky pal, you have supported latics for 22 years right? you are 29 years old right? you had ian marshall on your shoulders when we beat shef wed in 1990. you would have been 10 years of age. you must have been a big strong 10 yo!!

Its obvious that TTA do not have a clue about the make up of our support, whatever their business acumen. They need to wake up that Mancs whether they be in Failsworth, Manchester or New Moston couldn't give a sh1t about latics. Royton is probably in the only town in the borough where latics outnumber United and City, and its farther away for the rest of our support in parts of Chadd and Oldham.

brf just a quicky pal, you have supported latics for 22 years right? you are 29 years old right? you had ian marshall on your shoulders when we beat shef wed in 1990. you would have been 10 years of age. you must have been a big strong 10 yo!!

I'm not lying mate. Theres photographic evidence. I was 1000's that chaired Ian Marshall around and got snapped.

BeckfordsRightFoot refers to Darren Beckfords goal at Burnden in 1994. I was there on Burnden terrace.

I was there too - we stole that win off Bolton. "Feed The Bear"! Wasn't Beckford's brother on the terrces as well? Unbelievable ending.

I can't believe anyone didn't realise you were a dissenting Latics fan.

I would like one of you to make a serious argument regarding a single point I made.

Oh, and if you don't believe me, there are people on this board who can vouch for my identity. I have followed Latics for 22 of my 29 years.

Bring it on shefflatic

one serious point???---your a complete :censored: count? :grin:

Edited by Zorrro
Sweary sweary naughty naughty

Its obvious that TTA do not have a clue about the make up of our support, whatever their business acumen. They need to wake up that Mancs whether they be in Failsworth, Manchester or New Moston couldn't give a sh1t about latics. Royton is probably in the only town in the borough where latics outnumber United and City, and its farther away for the rest of our support in parts of Chadd and Oldham.

Quite possibly true, but considering Latics have been playing on Royton for 100 years you would expect that.

Maybe in 100 years, most of Failsworth would support LAtics.

I think you do the TTA a diservice, they have tried for a number of years to look at many areas.

But I do acknowledge that it is very diccult.

THe good news is that a survey of nearly 10% of the supporters shows that 90% say the move will not change them attending.

Dear mr B R F You just dont get it do you?. This is a forum for Oldham Athletic fans, as such we have a passion for OUR club, if as you have stated you have, we all gave up on OUR club because we havent won a trophy for many years, just how many clubs would still exist?. Do you know my friend if there were only 20 clubs in the best league covering the whole world one of those teams would finish bottom of that league, in your world would that mean all there fans would abandon them?. If you and your ilk want to watch the Man unt ( sainsburys) or Man c ( Asda ) or Leeds (tesco), of this world be my guest, personally if it's o k with you i would rather go to my LOCAL corner shop and spend my money with nice, friendly folk, and have a love and understanding for MY team.

I know more about Latics than 95% of the people on here. I'm even in one of the books (Team From The Town Of The Chimneys or the History Of Oldham Athletic) wearing a ski jacket in a hot May day with Ian Marshall on my shoulder after we beat Sheffield Wednesday in 1990.

I am just a realist.

You should go on mastermind or something then....do something productive with your knowledge, maybe get some publicity on Latics rather than using your knowledge as a 'my penis is bigger than yours!' type argument on here.

For a 29 year old...you sure as hell act like a teenager who's not got anyone to buy his White Lightning.

If I was 15 years older, guess what, I'd have been supporting them for 37 years too! Thats a fantastic argument.

I am just a realist.

You were trying to justify your ludicrous opening post by siting that you were massively more qualified than the rest of us to make such comments because you had been a "supporter" for over 20 years.

You already have and will continue to find that there are people on this messageboard who have been supporting the club longer, by the way if I was 13 years older I would have been supporting the club for 50 years. :grin:

If I seriously felt like you obviously do about the club then it would be very easy for me, I just wouldn't go. Simples.

I am just a realist.

Am I in the other 5% or have I just been reeled in? :grin:

Am I in the other 5% or have I just been reeled in? :grin:

Ha Ha.

I am sure BRF will be on here saying how he was jsut testing to prove his point.

Question for you BRF what happened between 1982 and 1989?

Edited by singe

The bit I don't quite understand is "I'm even in one of the books (Team From The Town Of The Chimneys or the History Of Oldham Athletic)"

If I happened to be in one of those books, I'm certain I'd know which one.

Also, if it's a hot day why are you wearing a ski jacket. Now just being completetly pedantic, you said you were 29. If this is the case how can an 11 year old ".......with Ian Marshall on my shoulder after we beat Sheffield Wednesday in 1990." List a bloke of his size?

My point about having supported Latics for 22 years were directed at those who doubted my authenticity. The Ian Marshall story was just another anecdote regarding my loyalty in attendance up until 4 years ago.

As not one of you has yet made a reasonable argument against one, A SINGLE ONE, of my points I've broken it down into simple questions which I'm sure you can answer. I haven't yet resorted to personal insults like others on here. Please help me;

Q1. Do you honestly think players like Worthington, Parker, Gregan and possibly Byfield will make us better considering they did NOTHING for their respective teams last year.

Q2. Do you honestly think these players are willing to sweat blood for the club?

Q3. Do you believe leaving our catchment area to move into the backyard of a hugely rich, soon to be very successful local neighbour with far better facilities is a good business idea?

Q4. Do you seriously believe Oldham will finish in the top 6?

See, no hyperbole, just 4 simple questions.

Do you people want me posing with a photograph of my programme collection to prove I went?

Do you want to see me in my Martins shirt?

Do you want to see my programme signed by Chris Waddle from the 4-2 defeat to Tottenham FA Cup around 87?

You know I went, your just distracting from the questions I posted.

My point about having supported Latics for 22 years were directed at those who doubted my authenticity. The Ian Marshall story was just another anecdote regarding my loyalty in attendance up until 4 years ago.

As not one of you has yet made a reasonable argument against one, A SINGLE ONE, of my points I've broken it down into simple questions which I'm sure you can answer. I haven't yet resorted to personal insults like others on here. Please help me;

Q1. Do you honestly think players like Worthington, Parker, Gregan and possibly Byfield will make us better considering they did NOTHING for their respective teams last year.

Who knows, but I won't give up on them before seeing them try.

And maybe history will repeat itself.

When people said Leeds/Man U cast offs like Ritchie erre rubish. They questione who the hellw as Mike Milligan, and what was Joe doing signing them. Peopel like you, in fact

Q2. Do you honestly think these players are willing to sweat blood for the club?

WHo knows till you see them play a competitive game.

Q3. Do you believe leaving our catchment area to move into the backyard of a hugely rich, soon to be very successful local neighbour with far better facilities is a good business idea?

Not the most ideal place, but can you suggest an alterntaive that the club have not tried. And a poll suggest 90% are not going to be wavered and stick byth e club

I would not have a clue, lets see how the team gel. Not every signing will be a success, they never are.

Are you still bitter about Sheridan leaving, shall we get him back?

Stirling Moss advertises a product that might help you..

Edited by singe

A1. I'm not sure about that, time will tell.

A2. If they wish to continue in the game at a reasonable level, yes.

A3. I personally think we already are in the backyard of 2 hugely rich, 1 already, 1 soon to be successful clubs. So the move doesn't bother me.

A4. I think we can.