Byfield, Gregan, Huddersfields reserves, LOL

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why..because his opinion doesn't agree with yours,therefore he is?

theres some points he has made a lot of latics fans are thinking also..

No not at all. The fact of the matter is the season hasnt even started yet, and people like him are already writing off our chances for another season of nothingness. Yes the last 12 whatever seasons in this crap league dont give air to optimism, but seasons where we have had a better team on paper has ended up no better. If it was Shez still here i would be inclined to agree with him, but how can anyone write us off when there is a new management team and players in place? Give the team a chance before saying that we are on a hiding to nothing and all doomed!

No not at all. The fact of the matter is the season hasnt even started yet, and people like him are already writing off our chances for another season of nothingness. Yes the last 12 whatever seasons in this crap league dont give air to optimism, but seasons where we have had a better team on paper has ended up no better. If it was Shez still here i would be inclined to agree with him, but how can anyone write us off when there is a new management team and players in place? Give the team a chance before saying that we are on a hiding to nothing and all doomed!

i'm not agreeing with his "mercenaries" points,but my concerns about the new stadium,along with many many more,are in some way,along the same lines as his.

Hometownclub........argue 1 point I made.

If you want a debate on Latics in the last 20 years to prove my support, lets go.

20 years isn't far back enough for me I'm afraid, I've been going since 1972, I make that 37 years. :latics::comeon::ktf:

I'm ready to debate Latics whenever you are, I'm a regular on here, although I'm becoming a far less regular visitor due to the stupid nonsensical posting of some. <_<

BeckfordsRightFoot refers to Darren Beckfords goal at Burnden in 1994. I was there on Burnden terrace.I had a season ticket at Latics in 1987.

I didn't miss a home game for 12 years.

So was I, as a wee 20 year old. We stole that game. Poor old Mark Patterson , terrific through ball..........

If I was 15 years older, guess what, I'd have been supporting them for 37 years too! Thats a fantastic argument.

I know more about Latics than 95% of the people on here. I'm even in one of the books (Team From The Town Of The Chimneys or the History Of Oldham Athletic) wearing a ski jacket in a hot May day with Ian Marshall on my shoulder after we beat Sheffield Wednesday in 1990.

I am just a realist.

There is no way in the world, and I'm willing to take any bet you can think of, that Latics will get promoted next season. No chance whatsoever. You all know it. The mercenaries, sorry players, weren't good enough for various clubs last season and wont be good enough this.

Whats the point in next season? Nothing excitings gonna happen. 12th place, FA Cup second round and Coca Cola Cup (or whatever its called now cup) 2nd round.

Enjoy paying ridiculous prices to watch 3rd Division mid table football people!

Oh, and moving to within 4 miles of the worlds richest (and sadly, soon to be very successful) club would be a marvellous business decision. Of course, Latics 12,000 seater stadium would have better community facilities and more prestige for events than the City Of Manchester Stadium Complex wouldn't it. Also, I wonder who the youngsters in the area will decide to support?

I look forward to not seeing you next season then.

Nobody has presented an argument yet. Just petty insults. I really dont mind that, I've suffered way way worse but please, have the guts to insult me DIRECTLY, not to somebody else.

Heres an analogy for the stadium.

Moving out of our main catchment area into the market of a huge rival is business suicide in any field. Would a corner shop relocate next to Tescos?

"There is no way in the world, and I'm willing to take any bet you can think of, that Latics will get promoted next season. No chance whatsoever."

Fair enough its your money

"The mercenaries, sorry players, weren't good enough for various clubs last season and wont be good enough this."

How do you know this? No one knows how a player will turn out at another club.

Whats the point in next season? Nothing excitings gonna happen. 12th place, FA Cup second round and Coca Cola Cup (or whatever its called now cup) 2nd round.

The point is that we are Oldham fans and we dont just drop our club because they are not favourites for promotion. Strange thing happen in football. Didnt everyone say Leeds were going up at the begining of last season. Would You have predicted Charlton, Norwich and Southampton getting relegated at the begining of last season? Would you have predicted Newcastle getting relegated?

And to be honest Ive been to places like Man U and as good as the football is, I didnt enjoy it half as much as going to Oldham. I go and enjoy the game a have a few pints with my mates, THATS the point in next season.

Enjoy paying ridiculous prices to watch 3rd Division mid table football people!

No I dont enjoy having to pay what I do but thats life. I enjoy going to Oldham and thats why I will continue to go.

Oh, and moving to within 4 miles of the worlds richest (and sadly, soon to be very successful) club would be a marvellous business decision. Of course, Latics 12,000 seater stadium would have better community facilities and more prestige for events than the City Of Manchester Stadium Complex wouldn't it. Also, I wonder who the youngsters in the area will decide to support?

You must be a very rich man as you seem to know everything about business. Sadly TTA know nothing about business, they must have all won the lottery or something as they are all millionaires.

The location of the stadium is not ideal but at least it will move the club forward. We dont all have mega rich owners to throw money at the club, not much we can do about that.