Byfield, Gregan, Huddersfields reserves, LOL

As not one of you has yet made a reasonable argument against one, A SINGLE ONE, of my points I've broken it down into simple questions which I'm sure you can answer. I haven't yet resorted to personal insults like others on here. Please help me;

Q1. Do you honestly think players like Worthington, Parker, Gregan and possibly Byfield will make us better considering they did NOTHING for their respective teams last year.

Q2. Do you honestly think these players are willing to sweat blood for the club?

Q3. Do you believe leaving our catchment area to move into the backyard of a hugely rich, soon to be very successful local neighbour with far better facilities is a good business idea?

Q4. Do you seriously believe Oldham will finish in the top 6?

See, no hyperbole, just 4 simple questions.

1) I don't know, although by most accounts Gregan didn't do bad last year. What is the relevance?

2) Sweat blood? Simple question? :unsure:

3) No, I don't, fair point.

4) I have litle idea where we will finish and wont until the season is at least 10 games old. What I do know is that if people stop goin it will become less likely.

Questions answered?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last! Reasonable answers instead of petty sniping! Thankyou. My answers.

Q1&2. I can no longer understand the point in signing journeymen footballers. The future is young lower league, non league players with a point to prove. Peterborough illustrate this perfectly.

Q3.My opinions on the stadium location are based on the possibility of attracting the next generation of fans. They will choose to follow City. Not Oldham. Incredibly short sighted decision.

Q4. No.

Q1. Do you honestly think players like Worthington, Parker, Gregan and possibly Byfield will make us better considering they did NOTHING for their respective teams last year.

Possibly not, but they are the best we can get on the budget in which we are working.

Q2. Do you honestly think these players are willing to sweat blood for the club?

I believe they will do their very best for the club, and try their hardest, football fans need to remember players are not like fans they come and go, proper fans are permanent. Thats not just our players but every teams players.

Q3. Do you believe leaving our catchment area to move into the backyard of a hugely rich, soon to be very successful local neighbour with far better facilities is a good business idea?

Failsworth would not be my chosen site, but a suitable site in or around our current site is obviously not available.

No I don't, but that won't stop me going to watch and supporting the club, even if we were relegated I would still be there next season, no proper Latics fans are over the moon about us being in League 1 for this length of time and being likely to remain here. At the end of the day we are Latics fans and we go and support the club, but I personally will only continue to do it until I die.

There, I've answered your questions as honestly as I can. :latics::comeon::ktf:

My point about having supported Latics for 22 years were directed at those who doubted my authenticity. The Ian Marshall story was just another anecdote regarding my loyalty in attendance up until 4 years ago.

As not one of you has yet made a reasonable argument against one, A SINGLE ONE, of my points I've broken it down into simple questions which I'm sure you can answer. I haven't yet resorted to personal insults like others on here. Please help me;

See, no hyperbole, just 4 simple questions.

Right, deadly serious answers to your Q's, without getting into the other argument re your age.

Yes. Regardless of how much they did for their clubs last year, their better than what we had. Worthington gives us a bit of backbone and a player who can win the ball and wont pull out of a tackle, something we didnt have last year. And whats the alternative to Pav Abbott/Keigan Parker partnership, Lewi and COG *shudders*, regardless of whether you think these players are 'good enough' is one thing, but their certainly better than what we have.

I have no doubts that we have a stronger, harder working team than we did last year with a much more pro active manager. Regarding whether we do anything though is another story, as the division is much stronger and there are a hell of alot of clubs we cant compete with in terms of wages/transfer fees, but at the end of the day the game is played on grass, werent leeds promotion certainties last season?

Much moreso than last year.

Whats the alternative, stay here and watch the club die a slow agonising death in a three sided festering stadium?

I think we have an outside chance of nicking 6th, but im not expecting us to make the playoffs this season, considering we have a lower playing budget than last season and that this division is probably the strongest division in all of the 12 years we have been playing in it. If we can finish in the top 10 I will be happy.

A1. Worthington, maybe. Parker, possibly, but I doubt it. Gregan, no. Byfield, probably not.

A2. Absolutely not.

A3. I think we all know the answer to that.

A4. No.

A1. Worthington, maybe. Parker, possibly, but I doubt it. Gregan, no. Byfield, probably not.

A2. Absolutely not.

A3. I think we all know the answer to that.

A4. No.

There's nothing like optomism at the start of a season. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

At last! Reasonable answers instead of petty sniping! Thankyou. My answers.

Q1&2. I can no longer understand the point in signing journeymen footballers. The future is young lower league, non league players with a point to prove. Peterborough illustrate this perfectly.

Q3.My opinions on the stadium location are based on the possibility of attracting the next generation of fans. They will choose to follow City. Not Oldham. Incredibly short sighted decision.

Q4. No.

Don't agree with all your ansers but that is football, and an internet messageboard.

Q2. I have to pick up on though.

Which players that have been signed for clubs which would you have liked to sign (lets assume we have tried, we don't know that they have not rejected us, or even coming to Oldham because it's Oldham)

THe lower non league players would be ones like Ojapah and Steer you mean. Who may be int he first team come September. Remember you ideally need aYouth AND experience. Even Peterborough did that, but paid out plenty of money to sign them, a budget we don;t have. Surely you are nt suggesting we sign a whoel team of younger lower league and non league?

ARen;t you bneing a bit premature on Byfield, we have not signed him yet.

Not the most ideal place, but can you suggest an alterntaive that the club have not tried. And a poll suggest 90% are not going to be wavered and stick byth e club

lol...90% of how many.... 350? less than 10% of a normal average crowd at latics???

the VAST majority who go to latics or who just happen to be posters on here?

c'mon,throwing figures around like that to sway "popular" thinking isn't sticking.

go to the WH next week v. stockport and gouge an opinion there..you won't be impressed.

lol...90% of how many.... 350? less than 10% of a normal average crowd at latics???

the VAST majority who go to latics or who just happen to be posters on here?

c'mon,throwing figures around like that to sway "popular" thinking isn't sticking.

go to the WH next week v. stockport and gouge an opinion there..you won't be impressed.

well even if the figures are inaccurate it doesn't really matter it just means we will lose a few people who arnt latics fans anyway. if your not willing to travel an extra ten minutes to watch your team then your not a true fan. its not like its 50 miles like mk dons did or however far they travelled. its a hand full of extra bus stops or train stops or a few miles in the car. its the best location available and its the best thing for the club. so if we so called fans cant be arsed to travel that bit extra then fine were well rid of them once the club can survive whilst making a loss on gate reciepts we dont need people who are just going to moan for the sake of having a moan

well even if the figures are inaccurate it doesn't really matter it just means we will lose a few people who arnt latics fans anyway. if your not willing to travel an extra ten minutes to watch your team then your not a true fan. its not like its 50 miles like mk dons did or however far they travelled. its a hand full of extra bus stops or train stops or a few miles in the car. its the best location available and its the best thing for the club. so if we so called fans cant be arsed to travel that bit extra then fine were well rid of them once the club can survive whilst making a loss on gate reciepts we dont need people who are just going to moan for the sake of having a moan

its nothing to do with the location,so put your rant cap away sunbeam.

there are a hell of a lot of questions the TTA still haven't answered eg how is this new stadium / project going to run latics as self sufficient.?

many questions have been asked here relating to lots of things -as yet,no answers-only rants (as usual) from corney.

its nothing to do with the location,so put your rant cap away sunbeam.

there are a hell of a lot of questions the TTA still haven't answered eg how is this new stadium / project going to run latics as self sufficient.?

many questions have been asked here relating to lots of things -as yet,no answers-only rants (as usual) from corney.

Rants, what rants?

"moan of the day" up about the chron yesterday on OS?

I'm far from a Chron basher (I remember sticking up for them when they were printing stories about Chris Moore before he left) but for whatever reason they do seem to want to whip up a storm when the intelligent thing to do would be to wait for the plans to be released.