dean brill

HIS NAME IS CERTAINLY NOT APT !!!

In the 30 years I have been watching latics, he is far and away the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen wear the shirt.

He is rooted to the line and goes down to shots like a sack of spuds. I honestly believe a half fit Crossley on one leg would be better than him. If he is our fist choice goalkeeper, god help us.

And going of the subject, when gregan retires from football, he should go into sales because how he convince anybody to give him a new contract and the captains armband beats me. It certainly wasnt by footballing means. I believe with those two donkeys at centre half and brill in goals. I think we will be lucky to win a game. We will have to score 6 every week just for a point. HELP !!!!

In the 30 years I have been watching latics, he is far and away the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen wear the shirt.

He is rooted to the line and goes down to shots like a sack of spuds. I honestly believe a half fit Crossley on one leg would be better than him. If he is our fist choice goalkeeper, god help us.

And going of the subject, when gregan retires from football, he should go into sales because how he convince anybody to give him a new contract and the captains armband beats me. It certainly wasnt by footballing means. I believe with those two donkeys at centre half and brill in goals. I think we will be lucky to win a game. We will have to score 6 every week just for a point. HELP !!!!

Let's not be silly, Jan Budtz and Alan Blayney are worse. Brill is still young and settling in. We should not have loaned out Fleming though.

Happy and content with the midfield and attack. The defence is a serious worry and perhaps slightly worse than last season's back line which if memory serves me well conceded 70 goals plus :(

Happy and content with the midfield and attack. The defence is a serious worry and perhaps slightly worse than last season's back line which if memory serves me well conceded 70 goals plus :(

Brill? He quite clearly isn't on his pre-season showing. Maybe he needs competion from the bench? But we haven't got any! :o

Edited by dazlatic

Is the goalkeeping coach registered, perhaps we can play him :wink:

Don`t get me wrong, the players up front and in midfield I have been impressed with but we have absolutely no competition in centre of defence, and as for gregan being ok, how many times did he lose the ball in midfield and get caught out of position.Then he doesnt have the legs to get back. He is fast becoming a liability

I assume you've missed an awful lot of games in that time then.

At least the guy's vocal.

No i havent missed that many been a season ticket holder for most of that time.

And Senor, I dont like to be a boo boy never usualyy one to give players stick, but I just can`t find one positive thing to say about brill. He is just bad.

Already on his back before the season as kicked off.

Don't get me wrong he hasn't impressed me so far but its pre season. Players are being chopped and changed every game, subs galore and there is a very serious problem in front of him in the central of defence with a player so out of form in Hazzel and Greegs who is doing ok but will struggle with any pace he is up against.

I hope there is another CB brought in before now and saturday but lets not get our knickers in a twist over a friendly.

Next week is when performances matter.

I'm glad its happenning in pre-season rather than in the actual season, but I'm losing my confidence with him in goal. I would have liked to have seen Fleming play as our No. 1 this season, with Brill as back up. Just certain things about Brill i'm uncomfortable with. He seems to have no presence as such in goal, when attackers are one on one with him he looks completely lost and distribution is disapointing. Hopefully he can get it out of his system now before the season starts :wink:

i would love to know who scouted him,christ i've seen some :censored:e at latics over the years but come on this guy is bobbins,every corner or attack from blackpool they looked like scoring,even andy goram wasn't that bad against cardiff.. :blush:

Edited by yarddogs

I certainly hope that Mr Brill proves his doubters wrong! although after watching three very unconvincing displays in the last seven days,i feel that he has some way to go to achieve this.

I hope he is player of the season... well... I hope he has sod all to do all season TBH :lol:

i would love to know who scouted him,christ i've seen some :censored:e at latics over the years but come on this guy is bobbins,every corner or attack from blackpool they looked like scoring,even andy goram wasn't that bad against cardiff.. :blush:

That would be Brownie but he fell asleep after 10 mins! :lol::lol::blink:

I certainly hope that Mr Brill proves his doubters wrong! although after watching three very unconvincing displays in the last seven days,i feel that he has some way to go to achieve this.

I agree. Albeit the way some people were reacting and shouting at him in Main Stand upper was laughable. Its a friendly for god sake. Save it for the season when it counts and let them get it out of their system now :wink:

I agree. Albeit the way some people were reacting and shouting at him in Main Stand upper was laughable. Its a friendly for god sake. Save it for the season when it counts and let them get it out of their system now :wink:
i know it's only a friendly but we've all been watching football long enough to tell that brill,well is not good enough

i know it's only a friendly but we've all been watching football long enough to tell that brill,well is not good enough

Yeah but lets wait and see :wink: Lay off him in the stands or he will be finished at BP before he starts! :angry:

Edited by dazlatic