dean brill

HIS NAME IS CERTAINLY NOT APT !!!

In the 30 years I have been watching latics, he is far and away the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen wear the shirt.

He is rooted to the line and goes down to shots like a sack of spuds. I honestly believe a half fit Crossley on one leg would be better than him. If he is our fist choice goalkeeper, god help us.

And going of the subject, when gregan retires from football, he should go into sales because how he convince anybody to give him a new contract and the captains armband beats me. It certainly wasnt by footballing means. I believe with those two donkeys at centre half and brill in goals. I think we will be lucky to win a game. We will have to score 6 every week just for a point. HELP !!!!

just found the formula for the season sonny jimmy...Elbow next time any fooker from that team dare to piss you off...PLAY IT FULL BLAST SON..not only does it grow hairs on yourchin...it Gives you a fullfimont in your life

IT'S LOOKIN LIKE A BEAUTIFULL DAY

dum dum dum dum dumdumdum

Nice to see we've got our boo-boy sorted before the season starts.

if you read my comments you will see im normally very positive about everythin but at the mo everytime one of our defenders get the ball something in my mind says were going to lose it and up to now most of the time it is right, we need at least some more competition, if not a complete overhaul of the defence

just found the formula for the season sonny jimmy...Elbow next time any fooker from that team dare to piss you off...PLAY IT FULL BLAST SON..not only does it grow hairs on yourchin...it Gives you a fullfimont in your life

IT'S LOOKIN LIKE A BEAUTIFULL DAY

dum dum dum dum dumdumdum

I don`t understand this post and I am pissed

Not been to any pre season games, but i have to say Greg Fleming never filled me with confidence i alwasy thought he lew off his line way to fast, and crossley was a good keeper but a bit on the old side how bad can this guy be?

Not been to any pre season games, but i have to say Greg Fleming never filled me with confidence i alwasy thought he lew off his line way to fast, and crossley was a good keeper but a bit on the old side how bad can this guy be?

Put it this way, the two keepers you mention are both better than him.

E4e

DRILL

The thing that does strike me about Brill is the fact that he couldn't be dragged off his line with a tank.

For Ormrod's second goal (the one on one) I was expecting him to rush him and try and cut down the angle or something (anything) but he just stood rooted to his line Ormrod got to the 6 yard line and just passed it into the corner of the net. (very very poor by any standards). You need to at least make the player make a decision but to do absolutely nothing is unforgiveable.

Defencively we were absolutely shocking today, I saw another thread actually complementing Lomax's performance (beggars belief to me that anyone thought he had a good game). Both the first two goals came from crosses down his flank, in the second half he was constantly drifting inside and leaving the player out on the wing in acres of space, that was also the case for the third goal when the ball came across, Ormrod was totally unmarked and slotted the ball home, how that can constitute having agood game is beyong me. Although when Jacobsen is back fit Lomax will not be anywhere near the first team IMO.

Gregan was skinned alive twice and was forced to bring the player down (they would be bookings at least in competitive games).

Hazell, well I don't know where to start, constantly mis-kicked and sliced the ball all afternoon and one mis-kick should have cost us a penalty, I can't ever remember a player with such low confidence.

Holdworth, I really like and would be happy to see him fit in at right back if as looks likely Eardley goes.

Overall, DP needs to take a long look and decide what to do, a new Centre Half is an absolute must before next Saturday if atall possible.

For Ormrod's second goal (the one on one) I was expecting him to rush him and try and cut down the angle or something (anything) but he just stood rooted to his line Ormrod got to the 6 yard line and just passed it into the corner of the net. (very very poor by any standards). You need to at least make the player make a decision but to do absolutely nothing is unforgiveable.

Defencively we were absolutely shocking today, I saw another thread actually complementing Lomax's performance (beggars belief to me that anyone thought he had a good game). Both the first two goals came from crosses down his flank, in the second half he was constantly drifting inside and leaving the player out on the wing in acres of space, that was also the case for the third goal when the ball came across, Ormrod was totally unmarked and slotted the ball home, how that can constitute having agood game is beyong me. Although when Jacobsen is back fit Lomax will not be anywhere near the first team IMO.

If he would of raced off his line alá Fleming he would have been chipped, perhaps a little too slow to come off his line when within the box, but as so many has said already give the guy a chance it is only pre-season friendlies. We will have a more solid position with Eards and JJ in full backs next week, when it matters.

Lomax did put in a good performance and it is true that crosses came in from the left hand side, but it was Taylor on the second that should have stopped the cross, Lomax was marking the guy closer to touch. For the third it was a break from Central position and we all know that Greegs + Hazell aren't fast enough, so the onus is on midfield running back with him.

BUT IT IS ONLY A FRIENDLY!

Positivity is needed.

BUT IT IS ONLY A FRIENDLY!

Positivity is needed.

So do you think Brill is just bluffing us all? As these are only friendlies and when the season starts he will begin to look like a competent goalkeeper?

His effort for the Ormrod one on one was dire, if he had rushed him and been chipped then at least he would have forced Ormrod to make a decision and do something i.e chip him. In doing absolutely nothing even Ormrod was allowed to look like a cool finisher by strolling in on goal and passing the ball into an empty net.

Also if you in all seriousness thought that Lomax had a good game then I am very happy to disagree with you regarding Brill.

I am positive or believe me I wouldn't keep going year after year.

Edited by Hometownclub

At least the guy's vocal.

Dave Penney 'Hey Robbie, rumour has it your record company have cancelled your contract, fancy playing in goal?'

Robbie Williams ' Only if u get rid of those two saps at centre half.......'