I know this'll be controversial, but.....

.............is anyone else really looking forward to Saturday and this season in general??

Plans afoot for a new ground which the noises being made suggest is actually going to happen this time.

A new manager who'll bring us attacking football, organisation & discipline (both on and off the field).

We've hung on to Eardley (for now) & Taylor, who IMO will really come to the fore this year, and made some excellent new signings in Furman, Abbott, Parker, Worthington & Purdie. I'll be surprised if 1 or 2 more haven't been added by the weekend.

A young squad full of already half decent players with the potential to kick on. The likes of Ryan Brooke and Dale Stephens could also come through.

Most importantly, we've resigned our most experienced and, arguably, best player in Sean Gregan. :grin:

Oh, and we've even got a leftback!

Agree with 99% of what you said apart from Gregan (although I suspect that this is a whoosh).

We desperately need two central defenders or we'll be exposed to the pace of some of the teams at this level. Have no issues with midfield, attack and the full backs but the two at the back and in the middle worry me big time.

I just hope we adopt the BFJ mission statement of "you score four and we'll score five" as I can see the former happening.

Agree with 99% of what you said apart from Gregan (although I suspect that this is a whoosh).

We desperately need two central defenders or we'll be exposed to the pace of some of the teams at this level. Have no issues with midfield, attack and the full backs but the two at the back and in the middle worry me big time.

I just hope we adopt the BFJ mission statement of "you score four and we'll score five" as I can see the former happening.

Pace pace pace pace....if we had pacey centre halves (which are pretty rare are they not?) everybody would whine that we need some dominant headers of the ball.

Gregan was our best player last season, and bar Furman he will this season too. He'l be bashing fools and stroking the ball out of defence come Saturday, you'll see. ^_^

Pace pace pace pace....if we had pacey centre halves (which are pretty rare are they not?) everybody would whine that we need some dominant headers of the ball.

Gregan was our best player last season, and bar Furman he will this season too. He'l be bashing fools and stroking the ball out of defence come Saturday, you'll see. ^_^

Its Rubes im worried about not Gregan

.............is anyone else really looking forward to Saturday and this season in general??

Plans afoot for a new ground which the noises being made suggest is actually going to happen this time.

A new manager who'll bring us attacking football, organisation & discipline (both on and off the field).

We've hung on to Eardley (for now) & Taylor, who IMO will really come to the fore this year, and made some excellent new signings in Furman, Abbott, Parker, Worthington & Purdie. I'll be surprised if 1 or 2 more haven't been added by the weekend.

A young squad full of already half decent players with the potential to kick on. The likes of Ryan Brooke and Dale Stephens could also come through.

Most importantly, we've resigned our most experienced and, arguably, best player in Sean Gregan. :grin:

totally agree there. there has been so much negativity on here with people saying we'll get relegated or we're not good enough. i beg to differ. there is obviously work to be done but we have 90% of a good squad here and i think we will do well.

I appear to be on the wrong board a bit of positivity... and why not until we prove otherwise this is the start of something good.

Have a lot of faith in DP and his style no messing about he has to live with the results let him get on with it. He knows defence needs tightening and lets wait and see. The doom and gloomers should now shut up and see what happens.

Good luck needed in a tough division.

Well said

Agree totaly wiv the first post. Plenty to be optomistic about. Wiv regards to the centre backs we need 1 good centre half. Greegs was best player last year and wil b close this year. Ye he will have the odd off day but who wont? If we bring in some one in to replace rubes it might encourage him to push on and rediscover the form he had before he got his contract. Rest of the team is good and stronger than last season

:OASISscarf:

With you all the way fella!

I was thinking what on earth I had to be negative about this close season... and the answer was absolutely nowt! (of course, i'd prefer a certain bald headed con to be lining up for us instead of a certain cocky little scottish git - but hey, i'll live with that!)

People are fickle and deluded to judge anything on pre-season, its all about saturday... i've got every confidence in beating stockport at home and getting this season off to a flyer...

Can't wait!

Positivity? on here? wheres the lynch mob?

....but finally someones talking some sense. thankyou.

Bad planning on someones behalf.....will you be missed??? :grin::wink: as in you arent the groom are you..... :grin:

I am the groom. If is was someone else's wedding I would be at Latics.

*In terms of the date, the Avant cancelled on us so we were limited on choices for dates.

I can't wait for Saturday.

I love the buzz of the first game, and it just feels so right to go to the football on a saturday.

I also think Dave Penney will be a brilliant manager for us, Saturday marks the start of that.

Sorry if I have caused any offence!

I can't wait for Saturday.

I love the buzz of the first game, and it just feels so right to go to the football on a saturday.

I also think Dave Penney will be a brilliant manager for us, Saturday marks the start of that.

Sorry if I have caused any offence!

You can bet you're bottom dollar you'll have offended some with those outrageous comments. :wink: