Peter Beagrie reckons we'll struggle...

Gob:censored:e Beagrie...

Leaves us right until the end! :ranting:

Beagrie is a complete moron. He never has a nice word to say about us, and i just put it down to the fact that we snatched a point at Glanford Park against his beloved Scunny in the 94th minute. He was choking on his words as he was covering it. He knows nothing about football so whatever his prediction, it will be the opposite.

Should be locked away in football limbo with Mark Lawrenson! :ranting:

Beagrie is a complete moron. He never has a nice word to say about us, and i just put it down to the fact that we snatched a point at Glanford Park against his beloved Scunny in the 94th minute. He was choking on his words as he was covering it. He knows nothing about football so whatever his prediction, it will be the opposite.

Should be locked away in football limbo with Mark Lawrenson! :ranting:

I agree with that. I also can't stand Lawro :lol:

He's only saying what the sensible people on here are thinking. We are not looking good for the new season.

Nah, he is saying that as he frigging hates us. I have never, ever heard him say anything positive about us. He even has a little did at our 'knowledgable" fans in his comments.

Nothing would amuse him more than seeing us get relegated i'm sure...

He knows enough to be able to cut through the flim-flam and sum up the situation at this club in one short paragraph.

Correct.

We have 3 'decent' player in Taylor, Furman and Abbot. The rest* wouldn't stand out in league 2 or the Blue Square. We are in for a major struggle.

* I rate Eardley but most people think he is essentially :censored:e.

He's only saying what the sensible people on here are thinking. We are not looking good for the new season.

I don't understand where people like yourself get your logic from, Pound for pound we have a better squad than last season, ok we have the same CB pairing but DP must be aware of that and think he can work with them or have a contingency plan. We lost Hughes, One CF whom scored goals last year. I honestly believe that the pairing of Abbot and Parker will score more than our two CF did last year (don't know the exact number as many pairing, but combined, PA&KP will score more) We have a better midfield with a better engine, more competition all over the park and players that are young, fit (touch wood) and wanting to further their careers.

How do you actually think we'll struggle? we may not be in for auto promo but a top 8 finish is a good season, and if it's top eight then why can't there be a push for top 6?

I don't understand where people like yourself get your logic from, Pound for pound we have a better squad than last season, ok we have the same CB pairing but DP must be aware of that and think he can work with them or have a contingency plan. We lost Hughes, One CF whom scored goals last year. I honestly believe that the pairing of Abbot and Parker will score more than our two CF did last year (don't know the exact number as many pairing, but combined, PA&KP will score more) We have a better midfield with a better engine, more competition all over the park and players that are young, fit (touch wood) and wanting to further their careers.

How do you actually think we'll struggle? we may not be in for auto promo but a top 8 finish is a good season, and if it's top eight then why can't there be a push for top 6?

Good post !

Please let me know how the midfield has a better engine. Excluding Furman we have lost Allott and replaced him with a Town reserve.

Gregan and Hazell are a year older, that matters when your Gregans age and size. If you stand still your going backwards. We have no proper back up at centre half when they get suspended.

Can you please do some sums for me. Please add up all the goals Parker and Abbott have scored in the last two season. I'm guessing its about Hughes' total for last season alone. Just a guess, so might be wrong.

Our best keeper is on loan in Scotland.

We have lost Jones who was one of our stand out players.

The only positive from last years squad is Furman as far as I can tell. Not sure how we have a better squad at all.

We have got more of lifes rejects in our squad than an Oldham council estate.

Crikey Ritchie Mossley must be a grim hole if thats a positive start to your season. get a grip.

I'm quite happy and content we are crap to be honest, got used to it. My 1st season saw us win the league in the last min, I knew it would be down hill from there.

Edited by ritchie82

Please let me know how the midfield has a better engine. Excluding Furman we have lost Allott and replaced him with a Town reserve.

Gregan and Hazell are a year older, that matters when your Gregans age and size. If you stand still your going backwards. We have no proper back up at centre half when they get suspended.

Can you please do some sums for me. Please add up all the goals Parker and Abbott have scored in the last two season. I'm guessing its about Hughes' total for last season alone. Just a guess, so might be wrong.

The only positive from last years squad is Furman as far as I can tell. Not sure how we have a better squad at all.

Town reserve? he played over 100 games for them

Agree with you about Gregan and Hazell

The Hughes point , we are not relying on a 33 year old liabilty of a striker to score our goals we have 2 more proven players at this level.

Lets give Brill a chance in front of a settled defence eh?

Lost Jones? He wasnt ours to lose he was only on loan.

Rejects with a point to prove or has been players with no point to prove? I know who I would rather sign

Correct.

We have 3 'decent' player in Taylor, Furman and Abbot. The rest* wouldn't stand out in league 2 or the Blue Square. We are in for a major struggle.

* I rate Eardley but most people think he is essentially :censored:e.

have u even seen us this pre-season??

lets compare us to start of last season

okay GK wise Penney has left us woefully short and Brill is lacking confidence.

CB .... yes we need more depth and pace, but its the same defence that put us in the top 6 untill Shez left.

Fullbacks, we now hav two natural left footers as well as Eardley with adequate cover.

Wingers, we have Smalley a year on - and no pointer, with Holdsworth who's looks steady and possibly Purdie as well. As well as our star man on the left.

CENTRE MIDFIELD. Barring Casper the midfield looks incredibly stronger, as oppose to two moderate static non-tackling sidewards passing blokes, we have two younger, hungrier players, one who's gonna put any pre-madonas into the stands and the other will be our player of the season IMO, this will be the stand out difference

Up front .... no Hughes - okay fair enough, but hopefully we have a partenrship now and more of an aerial threat in Pav.

Okay desperate for a CB with pace and a contender for the #1 shirt, but I for one am very optimistic and hope to enjoy watching some enterprising footy at BP this season :grin: :grin:

Fleming better than Brill? Not sure yet time will tell. Brill does not fill me with confidence but then i think back to Yoevil, Peterborough, Leicester and and Walsall Away last season

Jones better than JJ. Well Jones was not our player to start with and could defend for toffee. Great going forward but used to leave us with big holes at the back. JJ has not set a foot wrong pre season and has been getting forward and lionking well with Taylor so I do not se how we are worse off

RB - Eardley still here

CB - A year older and probably poorer, I agree!

LM+RM - Smalley+Taylor - no change

CM - Maher/Furman - No contest from what I have seen pre season

Allott/Worthy - I think we have traded in for a younger model with more bite, hardly a reject when he has played more games for them than anybody other than Holdsworth in the past few years.

CF - Hughes and Another/Abbott+Parker - Well Hughes scored goals but didnt link well with anybody other than the striker that has just been loaned to Chester. Parker and Abott look good together so far and I am sure between the two of them will score more goals than Hughes did on his own...

Overall I think we are weaker at CB but cannot see how we are weaker in any of the other positions. Just hope Penny can get his hands on a CB

Edited by NIKI1234

RB - Eardley still here

Overall I think we are weaker at CB but cannot see how we are weaker in any of the other positions. Just hope Penny can get his hands on a CB

Eardley is going and I am being told is gone. You can take that to the bank.

I will state again, check how many goals Parker and Abbott bagged in the last two seasons and compare it to Hughes last season alone. I haven't checked but I don't need to. Hughes didn't work well with a partner as he didn't get one, he got about 9 throughout the season. When he had a run with Lewis he bagged for fun.

We seem to have gone for quantaty over quality in some areas i.e. Fullback and Striker which might not be that bad a thing.

Worthington better than Allott? Ha ha, if Worthington romps the player of the year awards as Allott did in 2008 I'll eat my words. I have seen a lot of Town games while I was at Uni there and he is not better than Allott.

Edited by ritchie82

Eardley is going and I am being told is gone. You can take that to the bank.

I will state again, check how many goals Parker and Abbott bagged in the last two seasons and compare it to Hughes last season alone. I haven't checked but I don't need to. Hughes didn't work well with a partner as he didn't get one, he got about 9 throughout the season. When he had a run with Lewis he bagged for fun.

We seem to have gone for quantaty over quality in some areas i.e. Fullback and Striker which might not be that bad a thing.

Worthington better than Allott? Ha ha, if Worthington romps the player of the year awards as Allott did in 2008 I'll eat my words. I have seen a lot of Town games while I was at Uni there and he is not better than Allott.

Abbott - scored 17

Hughes - scored 18

This according to FL website - Abbot played less games also

Allott was great in 07/08 but last year was rubbish. His 7 out of 10 every week as shez used to call him went down to a 6 out of 10 at best. Dont think he won any awards last season did he when TBH the options were limited? He like the CB pairing would have been a year older and a year closer retirment.

Anyway its all about opinions and I think yours are sh*t :grin:

Edited by NIKI1234