anticlimax?

couldnt get to the game and was quite annoyed at 3.00pm when i knew i wasnt there but following the game on the local radio, i was quite glad. there was alot of hype and expectation building up to the game so it was inevitably going to be 0-0.

lets hope they can get better for the carlisle game in midweek and have a successful season.

No, in the second half we looked dominant, we were a little unlucky today not to win it by a goal. Not an anti climax, a positive sign of things to come.

Absolutely. No anticlimax at all. Lots of promise. Could easily have won it by one or two.

:cardinal:

Guest sheridans_world
0-0 written all over it after 10 mins.

Rubbish!

Byfield over-head kick, Pawel's stone-wall hand ball penalty appeal turned down, what about Worthington's edge of the area shot that was very nearly in the bottom corner of the net. The ball was pinging around their penalty area in the second half. Fon Williams is a good goalkeeper and he's the only reason County have gone home with a point today.

Rubbish!

Byfield over-head kick, Pawel's stone-wall hand ball penalty appeal turned down, what about Worthington's edge of the area shot that was very nearly in the bottom corner of the net. The ball was pinging around their penalty area in the second half. Fon Williams is a good goalkeeper and he's the only reason County have gone home with a point today.

I think that edge of the area volley was by Furman.

Guest sheridans_world
I think that edge of the area volley was by Furman.

Was it Furman?

No matter, it was a damn good volley and it would have beaten most keepers at this level.

Said to a mate would i be over-reacting if i said its up there with the best saves ive seen live. Seemed destined for the net.

We were celebrating in the RRE , we all thought it had gone in, i've got to say the atmosphere in the RRE was pretty good today with lot of harmless banter being shared between both sets of supporters.

I was happy with the performance today although i expected more from Parker, he looked a little sluggish today.

thought stockport were one of worst teams ive seen at bp for years

and if we had played them 2 months from now it would surely have been a different story..

first half was abysmal....we couldnt put 2 passes together

2nd half we upped the tempo and should have taken at least 1 chance

think we need to get furman on the ball more

and greegan reduced their striker to a little boy

thought stockport were one of worst teams ive seen at bp for years

and if we had played them 2 months from now it would surely have been a different story..

first half was abysmal....we couldnt put 2 passes together

2nd half we upped the tempo and should have taken at least 1 chance

think we need to get furman on the ball more

and greegan reduced their striker to a little boy

Best match summary I've seen.

Very disappointed that County weren't well and truly finished off. They were weak opposition.

There was a lack of width today.

A few minor adjustments and there's something to work with, but I don't see a promotion campaign materialising based on the first 90 minutes.

Best match summary I've seen.

Very disappointed that County weren't well and truly finished off. They were weak opposition.

There was a lack of width today.

A few minor adjustments and there's something to work with, but I don't see a promotion campaign materialising based on the first 90 minutes.

I think thats a pretty fair summary think their is alot of work to do with this side yet we need to find abit more fluidity in our passing but that takes time we had 8 league debuts in our first 11

I want to see a little bit more energy from Parker hopefully that will come when Taylor went off we lacked width. Abbot will benefit from wide players get crosses into him and he will finish of the chances.

I can see the potential but their is still work to be done.

I'm sticking with my prediction that we will start slowly but come good but not have quite enough to get in the play offs.

Edited by GlossopLatic

we just needed a bit of luck in front of goal today and we would have taken the 3pts. The first half was a bit of a non event,but 2nd half we upped it and were unlucky not to break through.I agree about the lack of width at times though especially when they were defending in numbers, we needed to stretch them. A second half full of promise is how i would describe it.