OWTB Live at the Forum

It's the maker or breaker for me

One of the highlights of the evening was a question from an elderly chap who wanted reassurances that there would be sufficient bus services back to Oldham from the new ground after the fiasco of last season's Rochdale cup game when the 24s stopped running after the final whistle.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

when did a 25k capacity stadium come into it?

I thought the original plan was for 16k?

So lets build a 12k stadium and when the BP land is worth a lot more than it is now in say 2/3 years time the TTA can make as much money as they can?

So lets build a 12k stadium and when the BP land is worth a lot more than it is now in say 2/3 years time the TTA can make as much money as they can?

I think it was referring to Darlington as an example. How they have a stadium too big for their means with low weekly crowds and high capacity.

Surely the "Killer" question, is was He (sic) there? :grin:

I must admit that I could see some valid points that Dynamo's were coming up with re: trying to keep kids off streets etc, but I thought Corney, Hardy and Hill answered all the questions pretty much perfectly and, as I remarked to one of the lads who I went with, they seem to have thought everything through.

I still see something going wrong with it though - there is no danger of that.

I must admit that I could see some valid points that Dynamo's were coming up with re: trying to keep kids off streets etc, but I thought Corney, Hardy and Hill answered all the questions pretty much perfectly and, as I remarked to one of the lads who I went with, they seem to have thought everything through.

I still see something going wrong with it though - there is no danger of that.

How many times did that bloke need it explaining to him that upgrading the existing facilities also meant increasing the number of pitches available though? Too busy basking in his round of applause!

How many times did that bloke need it explaining to him that upgrading the existing facilities also meant increasing the number of pitches available though? Too busy basking in his round of applause!

Do do Dynamoes have a point then? If they are going to be involved in the development, what is there problem?

Do do Dynamoes have a point then? If they are going to be involved in the development, what is there problem?

They had their own plans for the land. It seems without even seeing them the council have sent them a letter telling them it's pretty much got no chance. Needless to say they seemed a little pissed off with this. They took a few pot shots at Corney, Hardy and Hill but they rode it out and were backed by Uddin and some other bloke.

They seem to appreciate we need a new place but they too don't want to lose out. A little like the rugby club and Watersheddings. Everybody wants their piece. We want the land, Dynamoes still want adequate facilities, nobody wants to be left behind with nothing at all.

I'm puzzled as to why they 'don't want only 3000' in a stadium, whatever the size, when crowds at BP have never sunk that low despite all the disasters of the past fifteen years.

Are they anticipating crowds that low because of the permanently lower division existence for which a 12000 capacity stadium is obviously designed?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Trying to get as much attention as possible?

They kept saying there are 56 teams in Failsworth and only 2 or 3 pitches but I'm very skeptical of that to be honest. I get the idea they are making as much of an issue out of this as they can,in hope they will get somthing to keep them quiet. Don't get me wrong any junior football club deserves all the help they can get but as pointed out they probably have a couple hundred kids where as Latics are involved with 3500 and all areas of Oldham benefit if we have the land if they get it then only people involved with Failsworth Dynamos and local residents will.

One of the highlights of the evening was a question from an elderly chap who wanted reassurances that there would be sufficient bus services back to Oldham from the new ground after the fiasco of last season's Rochdale cup game when the 24s stopped running after the final whistle.

Actually it was a lady (I think)