De Ja Vu?

Are we heading down the same path as last season? Ok we've got a few niggles and injuries but we've put together our squad then we've again signed a procession of loanees and players on short-term deals - ahead of our own players.

Or does this prove that DP is far from confident of what we hold in reserve? The likes of Kelvin, Lewi, Stephens, O'Grady et al.

So loanees or short-term we now have:-

Compare the Meerkat

Gilbert

:censored:

Byfield

Blackman

Thoughts?

-If Blackman has come in does this mean Byfield is on his way out or maybe O'Grady or Lewi.

-Cant see :censored: extending his deal if Purdie &/or Smalley come back from injury

-Gilbert, the replacement for Eardley it seems. I think he may get a longer deal with us.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Are we heading down the same path as last season? Ok we've got a few niggles and injuries but we've put together our squad then we've again signed a procession of loanees and players on short-term deals - ahead of our own players.

Or does this prove that DP is far from confident of what we hold in reserve? The likes of Kelvin, Lewi, Stephens, O'Grady et al.

Compare the Meerkat

Gilbert

Byfield

Blackman

Thoughts?

Heres the badger. He has alluded to from the start he thinks our 'squad' players are awful. I seriously doubt if these players will kick many balls in anger from now on...

I's swap all 5 of these loan guys for anything we have in reserve in a second. I will even say that about Blackman without even seeing him kick a ball!

This isnt Penney squad yet... I'm far more confident in him bringing in players than shez, who had no excuse as he signed all the dross...

I have to say DP has a track record for using large numbers of loanees' that far exceeds Shez's.

Whether he has a better ecord we shall see, but he certainly is not afraid to use them.

Personally, I ahve never understood months loans, you hardly get into the groove, OK for a temporary blip as a one off but not 2,3, or 4 etc

In 2008/9 season he had 37 players in use throughout the seaon at Darlo (when he couldn't sign anyone!)

In 2007/8 season he had 48 players in use throughout the seaon at Darlo.

In 2006/7 season he had 46 players in use throughout the seaon at Darlo

In 2005/6 season he had 40 players in use throughout the seaon at Donny

I have to say DP has a track record for using large numbers of loanees' that far exceeds Shez's.

Whether he has a better ecord we shall see, but he certainly is not afraid to use them.

Personally, I ahve never understood months loans, you hardly get into the groove, OK for a temporary blip as a one off but not 2,3, or 4 etc

In 2008/9 season he had 37 players in use throughout the seaon at Darlo (when he couldn't sign anyone!)

:shock:

Bloody hell we are going to need more shirts!

Compare the Meerkat

Gilbert

Byfield

Blackman

Thoughts?

I think the main difference is that we have got decent loan signing (with decent fitness levels) this time instead of the :censored:e or 30+ year olds that had been sitting on the bench for a half a season before coming to us.

Gilbert's straight cover for Jacobson, not Eardley. If we can afford him, and afford to carry two left-backs (not guaranteed given DP's liking for versatile players), I'd say he's worth a one- or two-year deal. However, would seem to indicate DP doesn't rate Lomax in that position, so may be looking to get rid.

I'm not entirely sure the reason for :censored: (since he seems to duplicate Holdsworth, Worthington and Purdie. Reckon he'll either go when Purdie's fit or stay as an alternate right-back. Worth a season-long loan.

Blackman I assume is there because Penney isn't convinced by Alessandra or O'Grady, and doesn't see Parker as an out-and-out goalscorer. Think it means curtains for the former two, and possibly Byfield too.

That was my initial reaction.......not doubting singe for one minute, I presume he has researched before posting!

I reme mber reading it when he signed, my jaw dropped open too!

Soccerbase can have it's moments, but overall not a millions miels out

Us this season 28

OAFC 2009/10

Darlo 2008/9

Darlo 2008/9

Darlo 2007/8

Darlo 2007/8

Darlo 2006/7 His first season there!!

DArlo 2006/7 Brace yourself...!

Donny 2005/6

Donny 2005/6

Donny 2004/5

2004/5 Quite a quiet season!

Donny 2003/4

When Dave Penny came here he said that any loan players had to benefit OAFC, Not the parent club looking for players to get match fitness. Quite recntly he said he still 3 or so players that needed to moved on I would guess that means the likes of Lee,Lomax,O'Grady, and possibly Aleesandra. As harsh as O'Grady was treated previously he probably needs a fresh start if he can find one.