The Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union - Gregan

You dont study history presumably.

I dont edit my posts...

All these I-know-more-about-history-than-you posts and if I'd pointed out the missing apostrophes, I'd have been accused of being pedantic! B)

If we're talking slow, let's liken Gregan to the Oldham MBC Planning Committee reaching a decision.

If I may be a pedantic winker the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union their forces took to cross the border.

Read a decent book this year on the first 6 months of Barbarossa - War without Garlands by Robert Kershaw (Oldham lad as it happens, had to be local with a name like that I suppose). Horrific stuff. I'm glad nuclear bombs were invented and stopped us Europeans beating the bejaysus out of each other on a regular basis.

If I may be a pedantic winker the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union took the time their forces took to cross the border.

Read a decent book this year on the first 6 months of Barbarossa - War without Garlands by Robert Kershaw (Oldham lad as it happens, had to be local with a name like that I suppose). Horrific stuff. I'm glad nuclear bombs were invented and stopped us Europeans beating the bejaysus out of each other on a regular basis.

If I may be a pedantic winker the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union their forces took to cross the border.

You mean Ian Kershaw mate? :wink: One of the top authorities on Nazis, Nazism and The Second World War.

No doubt about it mate, although there are arguments for and against whether Stalin actually knew about America's nuclear programme prior to Potsdam - it certainly modified his attitude. Who knows perhaps with the Nazis beaten there may have been a 'hot' war in the east to defeat communism. The deterent on both sides whilst terrifying meant wide scale carnage (Korea and Vietnam excepted) was mostly avoided.

You mean Ian Kershaw mate? :wink: One of the top authorities on Nazis, Nazism and The Second World War.

ah hold on....I dont mean Ian Kershaw as it happens, the book is by Robert Kershaw but now I think I'm getting my Kershaws mixed up and Robert Kershaw may well not come from Oldham or have restraining orders on him in the Isle of Man or have beaten me up in Junior 2 or any number of other Kershaw related facts

ah hold on....I dont mean Ian Kershaw as it happens, the book is by Robert Kershaw but now I think I'm getting my Kershaws mixed up and Robert Kershaw may well not come from Oldham or have restraining orders on him in the Isle of Man or have beaten me up in Junior 2 or any number of other Kershaw related facts

I think I'll check that book out...

• 2 weeks later...