absolute crap that

Okay, Okay...I agree with most of the valid points on here and regardless of how good/awful we were, we have played 4 league games an lost one. yes one......

We can have as many individual scapegoats but its a bloody team effort at the end of the day an what concerns me more is our sheer lack of thought when we get into that last third of the pitch, no-one wants the ball and they all act like a "rabbit in the headlights" when they get it...."you want it???...no...you have it..."..don't give it to me please...." I was soooo happy when at least Whittaker had a shot in the second half I could have kissed the man for effort.

We lose shape and there is no midfield general to get a grip and start dishing the ball out to the wings, no-one wants to back a player up when he surrounded by the opposition,no-one wants a shot on goal when we are anywhere near that penalty box, and again on corners, no-one on the "d to mop up either.

Letting poor goals in is bad however, we need to score some too an I can't see that happening much unless we get someone with a bit of bite in that midfield and can switch a brain cell on to pass it around a bit too.

I am concerned...........

Edited by underdog

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting poor goals in is bad however, we need to score some too an I can't see that happening much unless we get someone with a bit of bite in that midfield and can switch a brain cell on to pass it around a bit too.

We had more than enough clear chances in the first half yesterday to kill the game off.

Blackman was a whisker away from scoring, Parker should have scored and a nice interchange in the midfield allowed :censored: through to poke the ball past the keeper.

We started coasting in the second half though. Teams should coast at 3-0 up, not 1-0.

I don't think this side are going to have a shortage of scoring opportunities.

But for Fon Williams, Brill and Hazell this side would have 6 points from 2 home games. That's not a problem going forwards in my book.

Edited by opinions4u

Got to take issue with a few points. Gilbert is a decent full back at this level and looks far more solid than what we've been used to of late in the defending department of the game.

Agree. Gilbert is a stead eddy who'll do a job until JJ returns. That area isn't an issue for me.

It's the central two and that muppet behind them! Brill took his position for that free kick WITHOUT a wall. He then told Whitts and someone else who were stood in that area to stand together and move left a bit...note he didn't line this up at his near post, he just shouted from the position he was in to move left!! Not only was it a wall of two short @rses when arguably it should have been three, but it wasn't even in any kind of position.

And for Reuben and Gregan to be automatic first choice week in week out is shambolic and pathetic.

On a brighter note lets hope DP has ended the days of the loan journeyman striker a la Ormerod, Byfield, Kabba and Windass. Blackman showed more desire yesterday than them numpties put together.

E4e

BRILO

Gilbert may well be a steady Eddy, but the fact is that every time he went forward yesterday he lost the ball through poor distribution. If we haven't got fit wingers then we need our full-backs to contribute going forward to provide width, and he can't do that - at least from what I've seen.

As for :censored: - what I said wasn't a criticism. He does his water-carrying well but we are going to struggle if he and Worthington are our pairing in the middle - they are too similar. Plus I did feel that the pair of them needed to do a bit more to shield the defence when we started to come under pressure in the second half.

only players that deserve any credit are

abbott

holdsworth

:censored:

worthington

this is the first time in about 10 seasons i will miss 3 away games in a row with brentford next week, so peed off with this season already i want it to end.

rueban- wtf your a joke man

brill- beat near post- routine save, flapped at every throw in shocking keeper

You're kidding, right?

Or you were watching a different game?

They had 3 chances all game, took 2 of them. We could (should?) have scored about 6 in the first half alone, we totally dominated the whole game, and on another day, we'd have won 7, at least!

I agree that Rubes had a shocker, and (as a keeper myself) Brill should have had it covered, but that mistake was no worse than Peter Cech's against Liverpool in the ECC last year, with Aurelio's (spelling?!) free kick (in fact, Cech's was probably worse.)

We're 4 games in, we looked very good yesterday, if Penney gets the finishing work done on the training pitch, we'll be there or there abouts this season.

KtF

Joe

You're kidding, right?

Or you were watching a different game?

They had 3 chances all game, took 2 of them. We could (should?) have scored about 6 in the first half alone, we totally dominated the whole game, and on another day, we'd have won 7, at least!

I agree that Rubes had a shocker, and (as a keeper myself) Brill should have had it covered, but that mistake was no worse than Peter Cech's against Liverpool in the ECC last year, with Aurelio's (spelling?!) free kick (in fact, Cech's was probably worse.)

We're 4 games in, we looked very good yesterday, if Penney gets the finishing work done on the training pitch,

we'll be there or there abouts this season.

KtF

Joe

Have to disagree mate, teams that concede nothing goals tend to struggle and that's where we're at. We need to be more ruthless at both ends of the pitch.

Edited by oafcprozac

Gilbert may well be a steady Eddy, but the fact is that every time he went forward yesterday he lost the ball through poor distribution. If we haven't got fit wingers then we need our full-backs to contribute going forward to provide width, and he can't do that - at least from what I've seen.

I suppose you get what you pay for. We got him lastminute.com when JJ got injured, he didn't have a club, and he's on a week to week contract. What are we expecting...Bobby Carlos?

More than adequate cover at LB and wouldn't be too unhappy if we signed him permanently.

Like I say, real concern are the centre half and GK positions.

E4e

SOLID

u look at some teams who get promoted and their key is that they win even after a bad game,

then you look at latics and we manage to throw the game away, even after a good game,

and that is the reason why we are stuck in this division,

we need to win at all costs

when we go a goal down latics play their best football and we look a force to be reckoned with, if we can have that mentality from the start we could stand a chance

Im gonna give the lads a chance, we have a lot of injuries and a stupid amount of new players. It does take time. We are creating chances which is a good sign.

I am not confident in Brill, give him a few more games but I dont think he will end up being our keeper by the end of the season.

We are crying out for a CB too.