absolute crap that

For the first time in years in genuinely questioning why i bother wasting so much money on latics, granted i moaned a lot last season and to be fair it dint warrant it sometimes but its the same old crap every year, holding on to 1-0 leads against average sides at home and somehow completely :censored: it up with stupid mistakes!!

How many of us on here have said all pre season we need a centre half and no penney is content with them 2 idiots (more rueban) we have no one challenging them for their place ffs!!

Its obviously going to be another season of :censored: and the TTA moan about lack of fans but what do they expect with a team that lets us down so often, whos actually motivated to go latics at the moment?

chill it fella swindon to me where a decent side...we are where we are because of the apathy in this :censored:hole of a town...putting it bluntly the town of oldham doesn't deserve a league football team...they can't be arsed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, that was a bit short...I'm 'rush posting'. I want to get it off my chest before I go out!

I do think it's crazy to say Brill looks uncomfortable with Greegs and Rubes. Had you said it the other way round I would have said good post.

The comedy goalkeeping which cost us the equalser was nothing to do with Rubes, Greegs or confidence.

If you watch brill at corners and when the ball is played forward by the attacking team, he doesnt know if to come for it, shout for it or if to close down the angle! Brill doesnt know were either Gregan or Hazell will miss kick it to or play a poor back pass (todays is just another example of how Hazell concentration leaves others wondering when he is on the ball)

Brill should have the confidance of demanding the ball but he doesnt, his 8+ games Ive now seen him play for us are all the same, stuck to the spot and poor judgement errors - his captain and CB should be demanding the ball to be put into row Z of the stand if he is unsure this is not happening, Hazell, Gregan and Brill dont know what each other is thinking or what they are going to do - Thats the worrying thing.

A good centre pairing will fill the keeper with confidence, ours dont, Brills basic mistakes IMO are from his lack of confidance in himself and his 2 CB..

The is no way someone should shoot and score from a 35 + yard FKick like today, wall was poor, positioning was poor and defending was woeful

i thought we were the better side today!

If it wasnt for the 2 mistakes, we'd have won the game quite easily.

:censored:, Abbott, Holdsworth, Blackman and Gregan all had good games IMO!

would agree with your assessment of who played well, Abbott is superb, without him we'd be screwed.

Hazell is sh1te - granted his first 6 months with us was decent but when he signed i said it and since his new contract hes been woeful - diving into tackles, poor positioning, standing off people and his clanger every 2 games. I'm absolutely sick at the mistake today - ok he slips, but he gets up and still has it, doesnt look up and passes it to theie guy!!!!! If it were me i'd belt the bugger out for a corner or throw.

These players dont have a brain. we make simple :censored:e errors that no other team does - no team plays through us we give them goals. we pass to players in tight situations and then wonder why we lose it. The only ones witha good brain are abbott, holdsowrth and gregan.

Thought Gregan did his usual best again today, him and Pav joint MOM its Hazell who needs sacking.

We looked off the pace all game though, even at 1-0 i never felt ok or that we deserved the lead because our passing and closing down was woeful.

Brill and hazell out DP!!

He WILL get it right, hes seen the light with COG and LA, give him time, after all it IS only 4 games.

tear up keigan parkers contract, he isnt fit to wear the shirt. he cant be arsed and when he does get the ball does absolutely nothing with it. out of position or not there is no excuse for a professional football to be that poor and he was as poor at millwall in position

have no confidence in our defence or keeper atm but again we failed to kill off the game when 1-0 up so we have problems all over the pitch not just the defence

seems we only have 2 wingers in the squad, taylor and smalley... taylor is obviously carrying a knock and smalley is injured so we may have none..... why has this been allowed to happen, as well as having no competition at CB

agree expect the KP part

Despite looking alright in the first couple of games, i said on Tuesday Parker looked absolutely disinterested, he wasn't chasing balls down, fighting back when he lost them or anything, really annoyed me then and it sounds as though he's done the same today ....

If you watch brill at corners and when the ball is played forward by the attacking team, he doesnt know if to come for it, shout for it or if to close down the angle! Brill doesnt know were either Gregan or Hazell will miss kick it to or play a poor back pass (todays is just another example of how Hazell concentration leaves others wondering when he is on the ball)

Brill should have the confidance of demanding the ball but he doesnt, his 8+ games Ive now seen him play for us are all the same, stuck to the spot and poor judgement errors - his captain and CB should be demanding the ball to be put into row Z of the stand if he is unsure this is not happening, Hazell, Gregan and Brill dont know what each other is thinking or what they are going to do - Thats the worrying thing.

A good centre pairing will fill the keeper with confidence, ours dont, Brills basic mistakes IMO are from his lack of confidance in himself and his 2 CB..

The is no way someone should shoot and score from a 35 + yard FKick like today, wall was poor, positioning was poor and defending was woeful

Sorry Rich said in pre season, Dean Brill is absolute pants. Nowt to do with the dodgy CB's.

Stitch you reckon Brill flapped at one ball?????? just the one? I take it you took a few leaks today.

KP was pants today also. He comes with a reputation of being speedy. Neither the full back or him were remotely 1500 metre men let alone 100 metres, but the full back won every duel. I'll give Parker more time to prove himself. As for Brill, pay him up now.

How I did it I don't rightly know, but I'd managed to block the miss by Parker out of my mind...

I'm not a fan of KP in the slightest and I was annoyed when we signed him, but looking past that there are a couple of questions to which we need answers. The guy is supposed to be lightning quick, but he looks stockier than I remember and their full-back had him for pace every time. The worrying thing with the miss was that there seemed no urgency to put it away - his touch was sloppy and the finish lazy.

Looking at the team I think we need to be aware that this is going to be a tough season. Defence today was poor, and anyone who seriously thinks Gregan did okay should probably see a psychiatrist. Both him and Hazell gave the ball away sloppily in dangerous areas, and got rolled by the strikers far too easily. In fact, while Hazell's calamities were shown up in more focus I seem to remeber him bailing Gregan out with covering tackles at least twice. Brill looks underwhelming and I don't rate Gilbert at all. :censored: has a great engine but aside from the goal I don't recall much quality from him - not saying he was poor but just not a stand-out performer (albeit you need guys like that in a team).

I don't want to write the season off, but I do think we need to approach this season with an eye on the future. We've got too many problems to challenge effectively in my opinion, so we need to find a way of making the most from the year - in my mind that means;

- get Fleming back, and install him as number 1

- start looking for a young centre-back to build our defence around

- give Jacobsen, Stephens, Lee, Brooke and Rowney game time

I've said it before but it bears repeating - too much chopping and changing doesn't help the team in the close season. All it does is leave a squad with too many average players like Gilbert or Byfield. Get a plan in place for next year and build the nucleus of a team that can move forward. My biggest concern is that I cannot see what DP's strategy for the club looks like - we seem to have drifted into this season a bit and if we let that continue then the chances are any issues will just reappear next year in a slightly different guise.

Edited by De_La_Vega

How I did it I don't rightly know, but I'd managed to block the miss by Parker out of my mind...

I'm not a fan of KP in the slightest and I was annoyed when we signed him, but looking past that there are a couple of questions to which we need answers. The guy is supposed to be lightning quick, but he looks stockier than I remember and their full-back had him for pace every time. The worrying thing with the miss was that there seemed no urgency to put it away - his touch was sloppy and the finish lazy.

Looking at the team I think we need to be aware that this is going to be a tough season. Defence today was poor, and anyone who seriously thinks Gregan did okay should probably see a psychiatrist. Both him and Hazell gave the ball away sloppily in dangerous areas, and got rolled by the strikers far too easily. In fact, while Hazell's calamities were shown up in more focus I seem to remeber him bailing Gregan out with covering tackles at least twice. Brill looks underwhelming and I don't rate Gilbert at all. :censored: has a great engine but aside from the goal I don't recall much quality from him - not saying he was poor but just not a stand-out performer (albeit you need guys like that in a team).

I don't want to write the season off, but I do think we need to approach this season with an eye on the future. We've got too many problems to challenge effectively in my opinion, so we need to find a way of making the most from the year - in my mind that means;

- get Fleming back, and install him as number 1

- start looking for a young centre-back to build our defence around

- give Jacobsen, Stephens, Lee, Brooke and Rowney game time

I've said it before but it bears repeating - too much chopping and changing doesn't help the team in the close season. All it does is leave a squad with too many average players like Gilbert or Byfield. Get a plan in place for next year and build the nucleus of a team that can move forward. My biggest concern is that I cannot see what DP's strategy for the club looks like - we seem to have drifted into this season a bit and if we let that continue then the chances are any issues will just reappear next year in a slightly different guise.

Got to take issue with a few points. Gilbert is a decent full back at this level and looks far more solid than what we've been used to of late in the defending department of the game. :censored: came out the game today with some credit. He had desire to challenge, mix it and will to get the ball. He made runs for his team mates and scored through determination to get there. He isn't your Wellens ball player he's your midfield water carrier.

I had problems with going with a failed central pairing from the previous season and so it ensues. That's further compounded with the arrival of Mr Brill between the sticks. He simply as to be shipped out and NOW!!! Goal keeping position is critical in a football team cos it's specialized to the poimt there's only one in each side, no back up, its him or nothing. Goal or no goal and goals win or lose games. Dean Brill brings nothing to the party. He's poor on catching crosses, shot stopping, coming off his line, hell he can't even line a wall up. DP you've got this one wrong accept it and deal with it...NOW!!

Rowney nor Brooke are not ready for full on inclusion.

There's not a great deal to fix. Goal keeper, a good centre half and a little more craft up front. Whether that's Taylor regaining some form and Parker turning up to the gig remains to be seen. But we aint far off. Lets see if DP as the balls.

Edited by Lags