Taylor to Leeds again (from a Leeds view)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was thinking maybe 500k then raising to 1mill you not what its like with our tight chairman

Any team that double marks him snuffs him out of the game, tbh he's a bit of a tart the first time you lot get on his back he'll be crying for him mum. Anyhow we'll see, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did sell him and cheaply. Looks great in full-flight but very little end product and has a bit of a rep with refs for diving so gets very few decisions these days. The game at your place last season was probably the highlight of his career. He can be fantastic but it's all too fleeting.

If i'm honest given his minimal input from October/November last season I wouldn't be that gutted to see him leave. The only thing that would concern me exacerbating the lack of width in the team.

was thinking maybe 500k then raising to 1mill you not what its like with our tight chairman

Tight chairman?

Why?

Trotman = 500K (great)

Eardley = Unknown (I suspect £400k) - I thought he let himself down on this one, but not by much.

Taylor, way above that = who knows? £1M?

Go on then, what's your price?

Mine £1M +20% SOC.

Yours? (so we can all be on agreement of what is a good price)?

im leeds :-)

Ah!

Well, your manager has been after him for years. He's very good (Taylor that is). IMO he will get you promoted, and then you'll sell him for a stupid amount of money.

I don't mind him going to leeds (so long as we beat you :grin: ), so long as we don't get done.

IMO he's as good as Robinson (who you may not rate, but has been the best player in this division in his time), but I can't think of anyone in the lower two divisions on the left wing better.

I hope we can agree something mutually agreeable (i.e like Beckford with that non-league club)

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Any team that double marks him snuffs him out of the game, tbh he's a bit of a tart the first time you lot get on his back he'll be crying for him mum. Anyhow we'll see, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did sell him and cheaply. Looks great in full-flight but very little end product and has a bit of a rep with refs for diving so gets very few decisions these days. The game at your place last season was probably the highlight of his career. He can be fantastic but it's all too fleeting.

If i'm honest given his minimal input from October/November last season I wouldn't be that gutted to see him leave. The only thing that would concern me exacerbating the lack of width in the team.

:lol: you have to laugh. Taylor has been the best thing since sliced bread to all latics fans since he broke onto the scene. the moment it looks like he is on his way to to Leeds then sudddenly hes a nothing player. sour grapes anyone ? :wink:

Any team that double marks him snuffs him out of the game,

What a stupid comment, your saying that like its a bad thing. If Martin Petrov swap City for Stockport County I am pretty sure we could snuff him out of the game with two man markers.

It would leave space for Leeds' 9 other very good outfield players. Our problem is we have a team who are on the majority :censored:e so we don't jump on this. The only time I can think was when Smalley hammered County at home as all their plans concentrated on Taylor.

I am pretty sure teams need to double up on a fair few of Leeds' players but the oppo can only have 11 players. Taylor would be a big hit at Leeds.

I don't know about that, there were games last season when he was double and treble marked and they still couldn't handle him.

And little end product? He scored 11 goals last season. Needs to add more assists but he is still really young so has time on his side.

We need to tell Leeds, or anyone else, to do one unless they are willing to pay £1.5m (at least) for him.

I don't know about that, there were games last season when he was double and treble marked and they still couldn't handle him.

And little end product? He scored 11 goals last season. Needs to add more assists but he is still really young so has time on his side.

We need to tell Leeds, or anyone else, to do one unless they are willing to pay £1.5m (at least) for him.

You'd be surprised at how many little assists he contributed. Our top man in that department believe or not was Eardley. Taylor on his day can be unplayable as I've said but those days are few and far between. Yes he contributed in the goal scoring charts but he'd scored 9 by November and scored 2 thereafter. Also Out of the 11 he scored a paltry 3 at BP, not what you want when teams come and park the bus at BP and his lack of impact imo is a big factor in us not winning at home since Feb.

Call me old fashioned but I like a winger that puts in a cross - how many crosses does Taylor put in per game? Not many - the ability to run fast does not make you a world beater. Teams soon got wise to him. Yes, he'll always score goals as he's learnt to start popping up in the box but as a winger he should create too - he doesn't because he never looks up.

Edited by oafcprozac

You'd be surprised at how many little assists he contributed. Our top man in that department believe or not was Eardley. Taylor on his day can be unplayable as I've said but those days are few and far between. Yes he contributed in the goal scoring charts but he'd scored 9 by November and scored 2 thereafter. Also Out of the 11 he scored a paltry 2 at BP, not what you want when teams come and park the bus at BP and his lack of impact imo is a big factpor in is not winning at home since Feb.

So our right hand side contributed our most assists (again) while our star man was double marked on the left hand side. Can you see a connection there?

I would also suggest at times Taylor was jumped on by 3 players when we played at home.

So our right hand side contributed our most assists (again) while our star man was double marked on the left hand side. Can you see a connection there?

I would also suggest at times Taylor was jumped on by 3 players when we played at home.

That's where good players modify their game. What did players like Rick Holden do when he was double and triple marked? Simples - he crossed the ball as early as he could instead of endlessly going down blind alleys. That's Taylor's problem - he has plenty of ability but lacks the footballing brain to change his game.

As for most of the assists coming down to Eardley? Well that's simple too - he can cross a ball, Taylor can't. Instead of getting to the by-line or whipping over an early ball he invariably gets tangled up inside and the move breaks down. Watch him the next home game if he's still here...

As for most of the assists coming down to Eardley? Well that's simple too - he can cross a ball, Taylor can't. Instead of getting to the by-line or whipping over an early ball he invariably gets tangled up inside and the move breaks down. Watch him the next home game if he's still here...

He'll also have two or three men on him unlike Eardley would have yards of space as he came from deep.

When Rick Holden played we had good players all over the park so it simply wasn't a case of three men on him.

Taylor has many great points to his game, crossing on his left peg isn't one of them (yet) but as he is playing on the 'wrong side' being a right footer I am guessing thats not what the gaffer wants from him anyway.

He'll also have two or three men on him unlike Eardley would have yards of space as he came from deep.

When Rick Holden played we had good players all over the park so it simply wasn't a case of three men on him.

Taylor has many great points to his game, crossing on his left peg isn't one of them (yet) but as he is playing on the 'wrong side' being a right footer I am guessing thats not what the gaffer wants from him anyway.

The fact that three managers have all played him on the left suggest that he's now a left-winger and has been since late 2006 - he's had his best games playing on the left. Tbh i'm not convinced he'll stay as a winger. Joe fancied him more as a striker, he scores the odd header and will outpace anyone. If i'm honest I reckon he'd do more damage playing upfront...but he'd have to seriously toughen up!

Heard that we have agreed to sell Taylor if Leeds stump up a million quid. That comes from a Leeds supporting friend who is well close to the comings and going at Leeds.

A million I could live with, although I would expect at least half of that to be reinvested back into the team

Heard that we have agreed to sell Taylor if Leeds stump up a million quid. That comes from a Leeds supporting friend who is well close to the comings and going at Leeds.

Jul 22 2009, 14:23 PM Post #1

Group: OWTB Member

Member No.: 1,974

According to a very close friend of Neal's he''s gone to Blackpool for yes £175,000 plus add ons.

I hope this is wrong but the source has no need to lie.

If this is the case a shocking bit of business by the club.

More accurate than your other source Neal's friend ? :o

Jul 22 2009, 14:23 PM Post #1

Group: OWTB Member

Member No.: 1,974

According to a very close friend of Neal's he''s gone to Blackpool for yes £175,000 plus add ons.

I hope this is wrong but the source has no need to lie.

If this is the case a shocking bit of business by the club.

More accurate than your other source Neal's friend ? :o

I think you will find I was correct on Neal's transfer or not a kicks arse off it, Blackpool initially offerred Oldham £175,000 up front with add on's at the time I had the conversation with this person therefore what I stated was fact. Not that I have to justify myself to you.

I think you will find I was correct on Neal's transfer or not a kicks arse off it, Blackpool initially offerred Oldham £175,000 up front with add on's at the time I had the conversation with this person therefore what I stated was fact. Not that I have to justify myself to you.

No you don't need to justify yourself, agreed. Although what you said was a done deal was, as you now admit, merely an offer.

I was asking tongue in cheek whether your Leeds source is more reliable. Just a question of separating fact from possibility .

Problem?

Edited by LaticsPete