Just back

Good performance considering our patched-up midfield. Not great football, too much in the air, but well worth a point. Their penalty looked dodgy to us, ref was booed off. Blackman’s goal was worth the cost of the trip in itself - terrific first touch to control it, then brilliant shot. Could easily have won: Abbott missed a total sitter - unmarked far post header from well inside the six-yard box, god knows how he missed. But a draw was a fair result in the end.

Good performance considering our patched-up midfield. Not great football, too much in the air, but well worth a point. Their penalty looked dodgy to us, ref was booed off. Blackman’s goal was worth the cost of the trip in itself - terrific first touch to control it, then brilliant shot. Could easily have won: Abbott missed a total sitter - unmarked far post header from well inside the six-yard box, god knows how he missed. But a draw was a fair result in the end.

pretty much how I saw it, Brentford shaded posession and chances, either side could have won but neither can argue with a point, referee was baffling poor decisions both ways, felt he was destined to give them a penalty. Thought Brentford looked a decent side, Cort was a handful although ref let him take liberties, saunders was good down the left and they have a very solid looking centre back pairing. Was pleased with Brill today, and an all round battling performance and a useful point

Good summary.I captured the Brentford goal. Agree that Blackman's goal was worth the cost of the trip - if it had been in the Greedy League it would be a contender for goal of the month!

3868512882_be23e87c79_b.jpg

Right. Must've only given us the seats when I went then.

Was while the terrace was getting developed. Was at one end behind the goal on an open terrace? then got shoved in the side while it was having a roof put on it, now are behind the opposite goal with one tier of seats and terracing all covered i think.

The old open terrace was traditionally the home end. When (after many years of trying due to the objections of the residents behind that goal) they got permission to put a roof on that side of the ground the fans voted to move back to that end and therefore away fans have been moved.

Not been back long after a detour to see some family in the South. I really liked Brentford- thought the pub thing is great (Yes I did get round all four) and had a decent chat with some Brentford fan who had been a fan for 50 years and was nice and wished us well for the rest of th season (bar the game). The fact that all four pubs are proper pubs and not pubs/restaurnats (like the Clayton Green) or wine bars was good too. Having standing like that small terrace was good but if Brenford go up they'd have to get rid of it- and it wasn't like we packed it out so there was no saftey concerns. It's probably been one of my favourite away trips and I'd recommend the club to anyone who is looking for a football team to support in London.

Don't remember anyone having a bad game (although Morrow and Furman didn't do a lot and looked more ordinary than they have done in the past)- but that could be because I wasn't sober. Blackman's goal didn't look as good live as it did on telly- I said in some other thread last week that he could be a very good player at levels above where we are and I think that goal showed why.

Favourite moment was LeesLover's random comments towards their goalie- 'I admire you as man Price but I think your Goalkeeping is still suspect', although the Rifle Range boys and their megaphone was a good laugh too, plus the fact the OS was quite clearly hammered and still didn't have any difficulty getting past the stewards.

My one complaint though is why did students have to buy their ticket in advance- if OAPs don't have to why shouldn't students but in some ways if I'd absorbed the info on the site I'd have known so its a proportion my fault.

.My one complaint though is why did students have to buy their ticket in advance- if OAPs don't have to why shouldn't students......

Because OAPs (or 'Seniors' as we prefer to be known) are calming influences and well-respected, docile, sober, quiet, guardians of the peace, and ......er.....if in doubt, we can produce our photo-ID bus passes. B) :

My one complaint though is why did students have to buy their ticket in advance- if OAPs don't have to why shouldn't students but in some ways if I'd absorbed the info on the site I'd have known so its a proportion my fault.

I got in as a student on the gate...

I got in as a student on the gate...

Typical- I asked the steward and he sent me round to a ticket office that makes ours look palatial, I asked at the ticket office and they said no you had to buy it in advance we told Oldham (they did), and yet neither info was used.

Typical- I asked the steward and he sent me round to a ticket office that makes ours look palatial, I asked at the ticket office and they said no you had to buy it in advance we told Oldham (they did), and yet neither info was used.

How odd. The turnstile attendant just sent me and my mate to a different turnstile...a cursory showing of the student card (no checks on it) and we were in. Bizarrely though I just checked the fishal after reading your post...I hadn't read that saying students had to buy in advance but anyway, the price on there says £12 and we were charged £14!

How odd. The turnstile attendant just sent me and my mate to a different turnstile...a cursory showing of the student card (no checks on it) and we were in. Bizarrely though I just checked the fishal after reading your post...I hadn't read that saying students had to buy in advance but anyway, the price on there says £12 and we were charged £14!

I think £14 was the OAP discount price (you were standing weren't you).

In the absence of any signs indicating which turnstile was to be used for each category, as a Senior I went to the one where an adult and a student had both been redirected elsewhere. I too was redirected, so it appeared that the attendant was not accepting anyone through his turnstile. :blink:

Favourite moment was LeesLover's random comments towards their goalie- 'I admire you as man Price but I think your Goalkeeping is still suspect', although the Rifle Range boys and their megaphone was a good laugh too, plus the fact the OS was quite clearly hammered and still didn't have any difficulty getting past the stewards.

Why thank you. It was a day that called on one to make one's own entertainment I felt.

Amongst other things I learnt on Saturday, I now know that Oldham Sheridan not only thought (incorrectly) that I was diddling MarkOasis' not unnattractive then flatmate who came to Colchester with us last year, but that regardless of this she has clearly been the object of a number of sacrificial wanks from him in her honour. It certainly was another epic display of top quality boozing from him :applause1:

Why thank you. It was a day that called on one to make one's own entertainment I felt.

Of my somewhat bleary memories of the game that did stand out, unconventional heckling but amusing nonetheless. You even got a bit defensive of him as the game wore on, didn't you? True guy love, how sweet.

Of my somewhat bleary memories of the game that did stand out, unconventional heckling but amusing nonetheless. You even got a bit defensive of him as the game wore on, didn't you? True guy love, how sweet.

I pride myself on the balance and reason in my heckling. I think I was getting to him telling him to tuck his shirt in, he kept sorting his socks out but obviously couldn't do anything with his shirt as he didn't want to give me the satisfaction :grin: As it happens he was impeccable throughout, it was a pleasure being able to throw random commentary to a proper pro like that.

At what point and to where did you manage to escape from that Soho basement?

I pride myself on the balance and reason in my heckling. I think I was getting to him telling him to tuck his shirt in, he kept sorting his socks out but obviously couldn't do anything with his shirt as he didn't want to give me the satisfaction :grin: As it happens he was impeccable throughout, it was a pleasure being able to throw random commentary to a proper pro like that.