Should the club move to Failsworth?

OAFCMIKE

Should the club move from its spiritual home at Boundary Park?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Frankly Mr Shankly gone, anyway?

"Here's the substance of your above post: "But with debts wiped clean, a new stadium and to an extent, a self-sufficiant football team is an attractive proposition to an investor and it's where our hopes of future success lie. The relatively low proposed stadium capacity may be on the face of it unambitious, but to me it's a statement that the current owners want away and are willing to pay the bare minimum and capitalise on the land sale at BP. Cards on the table, this is how it lies.

But give me a fresh start, new stadium and a debtless club and I'm more than optimistic that new investment will be sought."

If you make from this kind of optimism a prediction of where you think we're likely to be in five years time, that can be the substance of the 'bet.'

Edit to add: it only applies as long as we are talking about the 12000 capacity stadium in Failsworth. Any departure from that changes the nature of the argument."

Where's Frankly Mr Shankly gone, anyway?

"Here's the substance of your above post: "But with debts wiped clean, a new stadium and to an extent, a self-sufficiant football team is an attractive proposition to an investor and it's where our hopes of future success lie. The relatively low proposed stadium capacity may be on the face of it unambitious, but to me it's a statement that the current owners want away and are willing to pay the bare minimum and capitalise on the land sale at BP. Cards on the table, this is how it lies.

But give me a fresh start, new stadium and a debtless club and I'm more than optimistic that new investment will be sought."

If you make from this kind of optimism a prediction of where you think we're likely to be in five years time, that can be the substance of the 'bet.'

Edit to add: it only applies as long as we are talking about the 12000 capacity stadium in Failsworth. Any departure from that changes the nature of the argument."

In visual terms