Should the club move to Failsworth?

OAFCMIKE

Should the club move from its spiritual home at Boundary Park?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Is the question should we move from Boundary park or is the question should we move to Failsworth?

A move from BP Im not too bothered about but I don't want to see the team I support move to Failsworth.

The thread title is "Should the club move to Failsworth?"

Having thought long and hard about this from all kinds of angles, it's the move from BP that I've voted against. Don't really care whether it's Failsworth, Oldham town centre or Long Island.

I might have changed my mind about moving, but I still think the arguments against Failsworth are petty and generally somewhat pathetic, especially given that not a single one of the Failsworth objectors has come up with a viable alternative site.

Why've I changed my mind about moving? Because although it seems to be our only real alternative in the current circumstances, I realised that rather than accept that it perhaps ought to be those "current circumstances" that need to change instead. I would rather we investigated the paths that might bring new circumstances that would allow us to stay at BP and redevelop our home.

And to those who will no doubt quote Ridsdale's interview about moving grounds being essential for regeneration of the club ... just remember his history. He shouldn't be allowed to run a bath.

And to those who will no doubt quote Ridsdale's interview about moving grounds being essential for regeneration of the club ... just remember his history. He shouldn't be allowed to run a bath.

Not to mention the way 'current circumstances' have changed since he was on the scene.

Whatever he said is now irrelevant.

I too dont so much mind us moving but i think failsworth is the wrong place. Too close to Manc, too far from our fans......

I know the club must have looked into other sites and not just 'settled' for failsworth, but i'd love to know where was tried and where was refused or outpriced. I heard (nothing concrete, just talk) that Coin Controls was moving to a new site and that Our Ladys was closing and merging with Grange. That would be a huge site if it could be bought. Plenty big enough for pitches etc.......

Reason for edit - i cant spell with 2 hands so trying with one and eating cheese on toast at same time was always going to be a recipe for disaster.....

Edited by BlueJazzer

if its the only way the "powers that be" see this club surviving then i'm all for it! regardless of where we go i'll still be there to watch them. sad to see the old place go but so be it - needs must i suppose....

They might see it that way-but the club will have little more chance of surviving as a lower division outfit in a new, small stadium designed for permanent lower division football than it does now. What will there be to sustain interest in the club if, as the small capacity indicates, there is no serious intention of ever playing at a higher level again? What of the kind of facilities to bring in extra revenue that the BP redevelopment was supposed to include? What if even half of those fans who say they won't go to Failsworth give up being regular supporters?

I just don't see it.

The poll's a farce, like most others done on here recently...why can't people think through the wording before putting up polls ??

I think there are very few people who are totally against moving from BP....most people accept that BP either needs to be redeveloped or we move to a new stadium. It's WHERE we are proposing to move to that a lot of people are unhappy about.

Edited by Yard Dog