The Pacific

Snookmeister

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out next March apparently.

Looks good. I loved Band of Brothers, so hopefully this will at least be on par.

http://www.pacificfans.com/trailer-videos

Edit: It's gonna be on Sky Movies. So that means HD!! Now that will be a treat!!

Really looking forward to this, I hope they haven't tried to do a BoB 2 as they have a lot to live up to.

You're exactly right, I'm a peasant! One day I'll be able to afford it... one day.

Behave. £29 for the install and a pound a day for a subcription??? Surely a man of your means can manage!!!! You could even knock Latics on the head once a month.....I mean...errr........sorry......... :shock:

Behave. £29 for the install and a pound a day for a subcription??? Surely a man of your means can manage!!!! You could even knock Latics on the head once a month.....I mean...errr........sorry......... :shock:

Believe it or not I struggle to have that much left over every month mate. Since I bought an house.

• 6 months later...

As mentioned earlier, if you enjoyed watching these boys in action:

band_of_brothers03.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjQWBzGRCKU...feature=related

...then I'm sure you'll get into this which starts very soon on Sky:

I got the Band of Brothers box many Christmases ago, and I still watch it like it's the first time I've ever seen it - it is amongst the best TV that as ever been produced, and it never loses any of it's appeal.

Wait if you want to........

:lol: this /\ !!

Spoke of this in the pub tonight... I think it's hard to express how excited I am about it.

As Matt says above; Band Of Brothers, for me, is the best dramatic TV (or; critically - Movie) ever made.

I genuinely believe it's the most poetic, poignant thing ever recorded and to think they could come close to this with Pacific excites me greatly.

I can't wait to watch the first edition.

Watched episode one yesterday. A 'builder' to set the scene and characters for the rest of the journey.

But even so it feels wonderful. So immersive, the depth of shot and attention to detail is astonishing.

This looks for all the world as good as it's predecessor.

Watched episode one yesterday. A 'builder' to set the scene and characters for the rest of the journey.

But even so it feels wonderful. So immersive, the depth of shot and attention to detail is astonishing.

This looks for all the world as good as it's predecessor.

I'm in work at the moment and the Flash player here is crap but the HBO site has a couple of videos showing how it was made on their site. Really worth a watch.

Try here.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Just watched the first one and enjoyed it. I won't give any spoilers apart from the Japanese lose :grin:

I think it sets it up nicely for the rest of the series and thankfully there wasn't a big piece on the training incorporating montages and the other tired clichés that was films/series usually resort to.