before the morons say it

I see this thread is full of poeple calling the shots again and didn't even go to the game, unfortunately that totally sums up an awful lot of Latics fans.

How can you make a judgement on a player and an own goal without even knowing the circumstances under which it was conceded. :huh::blink:

I went. First 30 mins we looked quite good. Plenty of movement, good interchanges of short, neat passes, players breaking from midfield. It was looking good. We should've been 4-0 up by half time.

2nd half was a different story. Stanley wanted it, we didn't. They got in amongst us and we couldn't handle it. We were bereft of ideas, conceded two poor goals, and didn't really have any answers.

As has been mentioned already. This was our first team, and we should have put Stanley to sword without breaking a sweat. We couldn't.

We've now not won at home since last February, and it's pissing me off.

They certainly did. They wanted it much more than we did and how it showed.

it was the tin pot cup and i supposed we pade the price for playing two clown centre halves who wouldnt catch a conference team, never mind i am sure we will have two professional footballers in the heart of defence on friday. ^_^

Edited by shaw_blue

it was the tin pot cup and i supposed we pade the price for playing two clown centre halves who wouldnt catch a conference team, never mind i am sure we will have two professional footballers in the heart of defence on friday. ^_^

Disgraceful display. Never I have seen such ineptitude by players who were supposed to be of a higher class than their opponents. I have no motivation or interest in Latics at the moment.

Why is Dave Penney the only person that didn't think we needed a centre back? We have all been saying it all summer, poor management. Them two donkeys are going into every game knowing that they are guaranteed a starting spot.

I find it difficult to believe that people think that this defeat tonight is solely down to the centre halves.

In the second half the whole team was absolutely abject, we couldn't string two passes together and created absolutely nothing, so why is this defeat all down to the centre halves?

It was a shocking team performance.

I find it difficult to believe that people think that this defeat tonight is solely down to the centre halves.

In the second half the whole team was absolutely abject, we couldn't string two passes together and created absolutely nothing, so why is this defeat all down to the centre halves?

Not solely down to them no, but it does help the opposition when one of them slices into his own net. But I agree with the rest, Furman non existent.

dont think the defeat was down to the centre halves entirely but basic schoolboy errors every match at boundary park is wearing my patience, i cant think of many goals conceeded by us at BP in this miserable winless run that havent been basic errors by our defence, it was clear that the defence was the issue at the end of the last season and now with a dodgy keeper as well we are in a worse situation

Not solely down to them no, but it does help the opposition when one of them slices into his own net. But I agree with the rest, Furman non existent.

As crap as the og was Stevie it was a tap-in for their striker anyway. Ok if might have hit 'Not so' on the legs perhaps but then again if my Aunty had ball she'd be my uncle. Agree that our CH's are :censored:e...

Disgraceful display (1). Never I have seen such ineptitude by players who were supposed to be of a higher class than their opponents. I have no motivation or interest in Latics at the moment.

Why is Dave Penney the only person that didn't think we needed a centre back? We have all been saying it all summer, poor management. Them two donkeys are going into every game knowing that they are guaranteed a starting spot (2).

(1) Second half I'll agree with but you must have arrived at half-time to come up with a comment like that. This was another tale of two halves where we had numerous chances to score, only got 1 and ended up paying the price when the opposition regrouped at half time (shock-horror) and got about us in the second half.

2) I agree that we need competition at centre-half and I'm a little baffled that we haven't strengthened this area. However, not for the first time this season, Gregan and Hazell didn't play badly tonight. Having said that, it would not surprise me to see :censored: at centre-half on Friday.

(1) Second half I'll agree with but you must have arrived at half-time to come up with a comment like that. This was another tale of two halves where we had numerous chances to score, only got 1 and ended up paying the price when the opposition regrouped at half time (shock-horror) and got about us in the second half.

2) I agree that we need competition at centre-half and I'm a little baffled that we haven't strengthened this area. However, not for the first time this season, Gregan and Hazell didn't play badly tonight. Having said that, it would not surprise me to see :censored: at centre-half on Friday.

1) I got in about 25 minutes in due to having football training, but from what I saw for the 65 mins I was there, despite some periods of neat passing in the 1st half, we were second best.

2) It would surprise me, them two cannot be dropped. But I'd love to see :censored: there.

I thought :censored: was tremendous 1st half in the middle. Full of running, movement and energy. Became anonymous at right back in the 2nd, but then the entire team was poor in the 2nd.

If he can perform wonders at the back then so be it. Otherwise I'd be reluctant to see him moved.

I took my other half tonight for the 1st time,she doesnt know alot about football but even she cringed every time hazell got the ball she even asked me if he was a loan player cause if he was "she would drop him like a sack of cr!p" n that came out of her own mouth.

I have no motivation to go to watch Latics at all at home

Its soddding painful... away days are what it is all about these days....

It is brilliant to see the GK & CB's getting hammered, when both were fantastic at the weekend, and the only mistake last night appears to be Greegs trying to stop a ball which was going to give a striker a tap in...

But hey ho... each to thier own... starting to realise how painful it is going to get on here when the fixture list means only those who are willing to travel 200 miles to an away game will get a decent performance....

Or when we play one of the big clubs.

Confirmed by Gregan in tonight's rarely wrong Chron:

"The same applies to me because, with no disrespect to the likes of Accrington and Morecambe, I would much rather be playing at the likes of Norwich, Southampton and Leeds...."

It is brilliant to see the GK & CB's getting hammered, when both were fantastic at the weekend, and the only mistake last night appears to be Greegs trying to stop a ball which was going to give a striker a tap in...

But hey ho... each to thier own... starting to realise how painful it is going to get on here when the fixture list means only those who are willing to travel 200 miles to an away game will get a decent performance....

To be fair, that wasn't Gregan's only mistake last night. He made plenty, but fortunately for him the opposition was Accrington Stanley. Air shots, bad headers, getting turned inside out....the second half he had a mare. A decent team would have had a hell of a lot more than two in the second half last night.

So should those who travel longish distances to watch 'meaningless' midweek home games stop making the effort and enduring the pain? :unsure: