The crowd on friday...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 quid for Latics is a lot in the current climate,I didn't get a season ticket and I know I'm not going to every game as my money is earmarked for other iimportant things.

I think if they dropped it by a fiver it'd make a difference in the number of attendees at a game, an it wouldn't do much damage to the wage bill with the Eardley money surely able to cover some of the TTA's losses.

What would season ticket holders think about that? In my view it wouldn't make any difference to the crowd if the price was lowered to £15. However I don't think we'll drop as low as 3500, should be nearer 4500 I think.

What would season ticket holders think about that? In my view it wouldn't make any difference to the crowd if the price was lowered to £15. However I don't think we'll drop as low as 3500, should be nearer 4500 I think.

Why not - we got 3,600 against Bournemouth only two years back. We only had an extra two hundred against Hartlepool two week prior to that fixture.

I hope you are right but considering there was less than 4k home fans against swindon i dont see how we will get more than that turn up on a Friday.....

Edited by NIKI1234

I hope you are right but considering there was less than 4k home fans against swindon i dont see how we will get more than that turn up on a Friday.....

Well, don't look to the away fans. i'm dragging one down with me, but three fans that would normally make the trip aren't bothering. I wouldn't expect more than a hundred or so of them.

3,800 turning up methinks.

I know most people don't agree, but I'd like to thank the club for not making me choose between club and country (with it being a friendly, I'd have probably chosen club but it's nice not to be forced into it).

I do agree that the crowd will be shocking tonight but I don't believe it would have been much, if any, higher had the game been played at 3pm tomorrow.

More importantly, we're going to win tonight. You heard it here first!

I have been to every game this season and I'm honestly delighted to be going out for a family meal on Friday than going to watch that shower of :censored:e.

:unsure: hmm maybe your the bad omen , lets hope as your tucking into your dessert you get a text saying its 5-0 to Oldham :D

I think we will win tonight !

I can feel it

I know most people don't agree, but I'd like to thank the club for not making me choose between club and country (with it being a friendly, I'd have probably chosen club but it's nice not to be forced into it).

I do agree that the crowd will be shocking tonight but I don't believe it would have been much, if any, higher had the game been played at 3pm tomorrow.

More importantly, we're going to win tonight. You heard it here first!

Other than Southend v Orient tonight and the Charlton v Brentford game which is the dinner time kick off, the rest of the league are kicking off at 3pm tomorrow. Why exactly did we move it?

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Other than Southend v Orient tonight and the Charlton v Brentford game which is the dinner time kick off, the rest of the league are kicking off at 3pm tomorrow. Why exactly did we move it?

Six and two three's really isn't it.

Anyone travelling any distance can't watch both games, and it is very likely currently that they wouldn't choose the Oldham game.

Some people won't travel on a Friday as they work late or prefer the time out on the town.

I'd have gone with a 1pm kick off, but I'm sure there's probably some reason against that too.

I have no idea! I travel 3 hours to every home game with 4 others but no way it can be done on a Friday night :ranting:

Guest sheridans_world

I always thought it was because of the Jewish Sabbath being Saturday and Mrs Corney not letting Mr Corney out to work on the Sabbath.

An England game is an excuse to get a game moved so he can watch it!

Unless I have the wrong end of the stick.

Anyway, it's a mistake, the club'll lose money because of it.

Guest sheridans_world
I must be in the minority as I’m quite looking forward to the game tonight – I think this is the game where we break the home duck; nice home win for us tonight!!!

Keep the faith people

I prefer night matches.

Guest sheridans_world
Previous Season Low Attendances:

08/09 - Bristol Rovers 3745

07/08 - Bournemouth 3633

06/07 - Gillingham 4652

05/06 - Walsall 3878

04/05 - Brentford 4291

03/04 - Brentford 4990

02/03 - Brentford 5039

01/02 - Swindon 3970

I'm surprised to see Walsall in that list, every other team is expected though...

Previous Season Low Attendances:

08/09 - Bristol Rovers 3745

07/08 - Bournemouth 3633

06/07 - Gillingham 4652

05/06 - Walsall 3878

04/05 - Brentford 4291

03/04 - Brentford 4990

02/03 - Brentford 5039

01/02 - Swindon 3970

worryingly i suspect we could be around the bournemouth mark again tonight....Hartlepool will bring around 150 at best given their form on a friday night...3500 latics???