Chelsea banned from signing players for the next two transfer windows.

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Kiddy fiddling:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5535793,00.html

Chelsea handed transfer ban

Fifa act over Gael Kakuta transfer

Last updated: 3rd September 2009

Kakuta: Banned

Fifa have banned Chelsea from registering any new players in the next two transfer windows.

The world's governing body have handed down the punishment after French clubs Lens made an official complaint over Chelsea's signing of their young player Gael Kakuta in 2007.

Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) has now found in Lens' favour and ruled that Chelsea are 'jointly and severally liable'.

As such Chelsea have been banned from signing players over the next two transfer windows, which will mean they will not be able to bring a player into the club until 2011.

As well as the ban Chelsea have been fined £680,000 and will have to pay Lens £113,000 in compensation.

Kakuta, a regular in Chelsea's reserve side, has also been banned from playing for the next four months.

Statement

The full statement from Fifa reads: "On the occasion of its last meeting held on 27 August 2009, the Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) was called to pass a decision in a contractual dispute opposing the French club Lens to the French player Gael Kakuta and the English club Chelsea.

"The French club had lodged a claim with Fifa seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.

"The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such a breach.

"As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of €780,000, for which the club, Chelsea, are jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

"A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches has been imposed on Kakuta. Chelsea are banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision. Furthermore, the club, Chelsea, have to pay Lens training compensation in the amount of €130,000."

This seems like a very strong sanction and I'm sure it will be appealed as all the top clubs are regularly guilty of this.

It is in no small part another measure to try and stop the domination of the English clubs in the Champions League.

Blatter (the balloon) and Platini (the idiot) would do anything to stop the dominating influence of the English teams in the Champions League, they really hate it.

Explains why they’ve been resigning all their current tossers on big new deals! What cracks me up is that the kid presumably isn’t up to much given the compensation levels. It’s a lot of time, expense and trouble to go to for the sake of getting the new Judge.

Saw this and thought Fergie must be worried as it's the sort of thing United do regularly. The only downside for Latics is that Chelsea would have been in contention to sign Micah Richards and that doesn't look like happening now.

I think its about time FIFA took a very very big look at the transfer system as there is far too much bending of the rules from clubs at all levels (we ain't that innocent ourselves). There's also far too many people taking their 10% who have very little to do with the transfer. If this is the start of some tougher restrictions then all well but I think it may affect the price of players negatively as since we are a selling club that won't be ideal news for us.

This seems like a very strong sanction and I'm sure it will be appealed as all the top clubs are regularly guilty of this.

It is in no small part another measure to try and stop the domination of the English clubs in the Champions League.

Blatter (the balloon) and Platini (the idiot) would do anything to stop the dominating influence of the English teams in the Champions League, they really hate it.

Spot on mate - Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey conspiracy. Although I think they'll all do well again I don't think any of the top four willactually win the thing. Barca will piss it again imo and Real Madrid may well be a real threat this time.

I sense paranoia. All around me :unsure: Chelsea are as dodgy as it gets, it's a miracle they didn't get hit harder over the Mikel business where someone or another may or may not have had the boy kidnapped while it was all going on. They bought their way out of that one, no doubt they'll do the same here.

I await the same punishment being handed out to ManUre in due course.

http://www.france24.com/en/20090802-manche...l-alex-ferguson

Exactly DS and as you stated earlier in the thread, this isn't their first 'accusation', I am awaiting a link sent to me, with the 'poaching' claim of David Brown a few years ago and I will post it - as i haven't got the nouse to find it myself....

Yet, they will escape again virtually 'scot!!' free....

They - MANURE, UEFA, FIFA make my bloody blood boil!!!!

I think the biggest problem for Chelsea here is that the kid had signed for the French club and was warned by the chairman to back off, whereas the United story appears initially to be that the kid had not signed for his local club leaving United to dive in. The truth will out very soon.

It's funny that FIFA/EUFA have not said anything about the French/Spanish/Dutch clubs trawling Africa via soccer schools and bringing back busloads of potential talent.