Get Used To It !

Inspiral Carpets at half time...Best bit of the night

Have to say that since Penny took over the standard of music at half time and pre match has been outstanding. Inspirals tonight, Stone Rones and the Killers on Tuesday. Well worth the season ticket.........

Have to say that since Penny took over the standard of music at half time and pre match has been outstanding. Inspirals tonight, Stone Rones and the Killers on Tuesday. Well worth the season ticket.........

yeah the music tonight was great.....nice touch to play Somewhere Else by Razorlight at the end as well ("i really really wish i could be somewhere else and not here")....the DJ should get MOTM

Tonight some of the fans were a bigger embarrassment than the players.

I pay my money for my season ticket, I reserve the right to criticise them when they aren't doing the basics. For me, tonight there were problems worse than Brill, our number 17 being one of them. The sooner that useless, lazy prick goes back to Scotland the better. Colebeck looks a great signing!! And as for Reuben, I fail to see how someone can go from being such a model of consistency to a crock of :censored:e in the space of six months. I feel for Gregan, there is only so much he can do whilst that clown is playing alongside him. But Sean, try and keep the ball in play at least a couple of times please.

Latics fans need to get use to the present instead of living in the f**king past ! tonight there were chants of sheridan, and the abuse of brill was just unfair. Yeah im one of the people who dosent like brill or rate him one little bit. people need to cut the slagging off and just get use to what we have or dont come at all.

i agree and i felt really sorry for dean brill tonight, his body language was very bad after half time. i like john sheridan and don't think we should have sacked him but chanting his name is no help and it can't be justified at this point of the season. some of tonight's support was helpful though which is positive

I pay my money for my season ticket, I reserve the right to criticise them when they aren't doing the basics. For me, tonight there were problems worse than Brill, our number 17 being one of them. The sooner that useless, lazy prick goes back to Scotland the better. Colebeck looks a great signing!! And as for Reuben, I fail to see how someone can go from being such a model of consistency to a crock of :censored:e in the space of six months. I feel for Gregan, there is only so much he can do whilst that clown is playing alongside him. But Sean, try and keep the ball in play at least a couple of times please.

Really? I thought he had a piss poor debut. I don't ever criticize players at the game (and the ironic cheering of Brill was out of order, no matter how bad he was), but I was really dissapointed with Colebek. He never beat his man, and didn't put one good cross in.

Really? I thought he had a piss poor debut. I don't ever criticize players at the game (and the ironic cheering of Brill was out of order, no matter how bad he was), but I was really dissapointed with Colebek. He never beat his man, and didn't put one good cross in.

Yeah i wasn't impressed with him either. Looked good going forward in the second half but looked half asleep when he was defending, which is unfortunate for a full back. i texted my mate who's a Leeds fan saying that and he replied with "So a bit like Roberto Carlos then?", which may be the least appropriate comparison in the history of football.

Yeah i wasn't impressed with him either. Looked good going forward in the second half but looked half asleep when he was defending, which is unfortunate for a full back. i texted my mate who's a Leeds fan saying that and he replied with "So a bit like Roberto Carlos then?", which may be the least appropriate comparison in the history of football.

Full Back??????????????????????????????????????????????

He played on the right wing, you knob!!!

Full Back??????????????????????????????????????????????

He played on the right wing, you knob!!!

sh*t you're right i'm confusing colbeck and sheehan.

i thought colbeck did ok,considering that a lot of bradford fans have said he's a confidence player and he disappears when things aren't going his way,he was at least trying. he'll have better games.

something needs to be done and fast, which is probs why we need this new stadium and fast, well really just the money it should bring

Err... how will the new stadium bring any money in?

The only income we've been told of so far is that from a few footy pitches, I doubt that would even keep us in the Blue Square League.

Beacause that just shows what arsehole supporters we have at this club.

they might be arseholes but they pay the same amount of money as you to watch the same :censored:e week in week out and if they didn't come the attendences would be even worse.

i know what we should do why dont we all go and give the players a big hug and tell them its alright and we're sorry for being so mean to them when some of them get paid nearly 3 times the amount a month than what i get and i take just about or maybe more abuse in my job than they will ever suffer.

poor footballers they dont half get it hard

at the end of the day they are paid to entertain the fans, the fans are king and if we didnt turn up every week and pay our hard earned money to watch them and buy the merchandice then the club would be fooked.

i wonder if we get relegated at the end of the season will all your comments about not slagging the players off and getting on DP's back come back and bite you in the arse?

He never beat his man and didn't put one good cross in? Are you taking the piss? He put in an absolutely perfect cross in the second half right onto abbott's head but he failed to get it on target. He also put a few decent crosses in but they didn't go to anyone because no one could be arsed getting in the box! As for beating his man, every time he did so he got brought down. He was the only player who i thought played ok last night along with gregan but that's just a formality.

they might be arseholes but they pay the same amount of money as you to watch the same :censored:e week in week out and if they didn't come the attendences would be even worse.

i know what we should do why dont we all go and give the players a big hug and tell them its alright and we're sorry for being so mean to them when some of them get paid nearly 3 times the amount a month than what i get and i take just about or maybe more abuse in my job than they will ever suffer.

poor footballers they dont half get it hard

at the end of the day they are paid to entertain the fans, the fans are king and if we didnt turn up every week and pay our hard earned money to watch them and buy the merchandice then the club would be fooked.

i wonder if we get relegated at the end of the season will all your comments about not slagging the players off and getting on DP's back come back and bite you in the arse?

When you stand up and slag them off, call them c**nts and all that, does it make you feel better? What is it you want to achieve by doing it? Presumably for them to play better. When has that ever worked? I've no problem with people coming on here and having a go, fair enough, but at the ground it's totally pointless. It's been going on for years and it's too easy to sit back and say that they should entertain us. How about everyone gets behind them, even when they play :censored: and maybe try embarassing them into thinking they owe us more.

Fans should do everything they can first and foremost. Then if the players don't perform you can blame them. At the moment they can just as easily turn round and say "why should we put more effort in if those bastards slag us off at every mistake?"

When you stand up and slag them off, call them c**nts and all that, does it make you feel better? What is it you want to achieve by doing it? Presumably for them to play better. When has that ever worked? I've no problem with people coming on here and having a go, fair enough, but at the ground it's totally pointless. It's been going on for years and it's too easy to sit back and say that they should entertain us. How about everyone gets behind them, even when they play :censored: and maybe try embarassing them into thinking they owe us more.

Fans should do everything they can first and foremost. Then if the players don't perform you can blame them. At the moment they can just as easily turn round and say "why should we put more effort in if those bastards slag us off at every mistake?"

We do. We turn up week in, week out. Home and away, in all competitions. We spend huge sums of money and time following our side.

So when we get served with incompetence and poor performance against average sides we get pissed off and have every right to express ourselves.

Pointless it may be, but then by the same token, isn't the whole concept of following a sports team pointless?? What does that achieve??

As I've mentioned elsewhere, these are grown men and supposed professionals. If they can only perform with a collective soothing arm around their pampered shoulders, then they should get out of the sport.

Criticism is, has been, and will always be part and parcel of football as it is every other sphere of life. And if the team continue to play like they currently are then they'd better bloody well get used to it.

Edited by Snookmeister

Going the bookies and sticking £20 on Hartlepool at 10/3 was the best bit of my night.

Consistantly sh*t.

There was signs for ten minutes or so that we didnt look that bad. Created two good chances, none of which even tested the keeper - the thing is, the opposition go up the field and every attack your expecting them to do something as there's no confidence or belief in the defence. I dont understand why Furman didnt start. Nor why Parker wants to play about 30 yards away from Abbott. :huh:

The chanting was out of order. That along with the product on the pitch was the reason I left as soon as the 3rd went in.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

SO THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE LATICS

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE SMALL

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOUR TEAM JUST CAN'T KEEP THE BALL

.....but at Bristol we could be singing

SO THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE LATICS

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO WALK TALL

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOUR TEAM KEEPS HOLD OF THE BALL

:bluearmy:

Being an exile I haven't been to BP for a few years. Judging from the posts on here I'm glad that I haven't. Not for the standard of football on the pitch. I have witnessed many dire performances in the past. But I can't remember the over riding feeling of the fans being so negative and abusing the players. What happened to taking a defeat and a bad performance on the chin with a little humour? That for me made me proud to support Oldham rather than being a plastic fan of Man U or city.

What a difference with my local side over here, Malaga. I remember going to my first match at La Rosaleda. Malaga were in the second division with a chance of promotion. It was a crunch match against fellow promotion chasers Real Sociedad. Reports in the local press were not encouraging. Malaga were in a poor run of form. Malaga played as poor as they possibly could. Real Sociedad were not playing brilliantly but walked off with a comfortable 4-0 win. What was the reaction of the crowd? The team got a standing ovation. No jeering, no booing. The fans continued to sing with gusto throughout the game. Now wouldn't that be a better atmosphere than all doom and gloom?

Latics fans need to get use to the present instead of living in the f**king past ! tonight there were chants of sheridan, and the abuse of brill was just unfair. Yeah im one of the people who dosent like brill or rate him one little bit. people need to cut the slagging off and just get use to what we have or dont come at all.

Give it a rest please with the Opus Dei self flagellation, I thought the fans were ok and applauding the team out at the start of the second half was fantastic, considering the pub football garbage we were subjected to in the first half. People are frustrated with extremely poor performances at home for the last 6 months.

He never beat his man and didn't put one good cross in? Are you taking the piss? He put in an absolutely perfect cross in the second half right onto abbott's head but he failed to get it on target. He also put a few decent crosses in but they didn't go to anyone because no one could be arsed getting in the box! As for beating his man, every time he did so he got brought down. He was the only player who i thought played ok last night along with gregan but that's just a formality.

Yes your right about that one cross. I'd forgot about that, I'll reword it. He never beat his man and only put one good cross in.