Latics have now gone 10 home league games without a win - their worst run for 89 years -

It cant just be ignored though can it, we have broke an 89 year old record - its a big deal

It's not a simple one though - 3 different managers, players in and out etc.

In some ways it's TTAs "fault", it's certainly not the current managers, or some of the current players. You could blame the players that have been there thorughout the period though to some degree.

who's fault is that , penney ? tta ?, players ? or all together

First and foremost the team that has played in those respective games. After that the onus lies squarely at the feet of the manager(s) : Sheridan / Royle / Penney - Thats because a managers livelihood is determined by results!

Edited by Latics4Ever

who's fault is that , penney ? tta ?, players ? or all together

I'm sorry Bob, but Penney is the last name I would think of at the moment with many more in line IF people are doing their best to apportion blame. I mean St Joe 'can't do nothing wrong' Royle has more responsibility than Penney at the moment as he managed more games in the time we havent won at home. However everybody involved at the club in the period, on and off the pitch, including the fans, have played their part.

Heres hoping for some optimism in future threads :wink:

imo, most of the blame has to lie with the fans (albeit not all of them). If you've got a load of miserable old farts slating you after every mistake you make (home matches), or you've got a few hundred people getting behind you and singing all through a match (away matches), which scenario are you most likely to relax in and play without fear of getting abuse (which in turn leads to a better performance by all)? I know which one it would be for me.

I'm sorry Bob, but Penney is the last name I would think of at the moment with many more in line IF people are doing their best to apportion blame. I mean St Joe 'can't do nothing wrong' Royle has more responsibility than Penney at the moment as he managed more games in the time we havent won at home. However everybody involved at the club in the period, on and off the pitch, including the fans, have played their part.

Heres hoping for some optimism in future threads :wink:

A bit of everything.

Sheridan set the team up. He had them on the edge of the playoffs and there's nothing to say they wouldn't have got a few wins in that time. But for a large chunk they were his players.

Royle had them and the players knew he wasn't staying. Why would they even try?

TTA messed up by sacking Sheridan when they did. Should have done it at the end of the season, otherwise you get the Royle scenario.

Penney has produced a team that so far has been nothing short of dreadful. Boring and dreadful.

The home fans have been, well as home fans are. They may be turning rather quickly, but I feel it is hard to blame them when nearly all the fans in the country are the same.

A bit of everything.

Sheridan set the team up. He had them on the edge of the playoffs and there's nothing to say they wouldn't have got a few wins in that time. But for a large chunk they were his players.

Royle had them and the players knew he wasn't staying. Why would they even try?

TTA messed up by sacking Sheridan when they did. Should have done it at the end of the season, otherwise you get the Royle scenario.

Penney has produced a team that so far has been nothing short of dreadful. Boring and dreadful.

The home fans have been, well as home fans are. They may be turning rather quickly, but I feel it is hard to blame them when nearly all the fans in the country are the same.

TTA's first objective has been achieved. We're making the national news only for football reasons, even breaking records, rather than off-the-field activities. Discipline appears to have been re-introduced, and success on the field could follow, if we can be patient enough.

TTA's first objective has been achieved. We're making the national news only for football reasons, even breaking records, rather than off-the-field activities. Discipline appears to have been re-introduced, and success on the field could follow, if we can be patient enough.

Diego you should work in PR. Alistair Campbell's got nothing on you!

Diego you should work in PR. Alistair Campbell's got nothing on you!

It comes from many years of disappointment following Latics and searching for a positive outlook.

Bristol's Memorial could see a new inscription - 'Diego was here' when Penney got the ingredients correct and the heat in the kitchen was turned down considerably. :comeon:

It comes from many years of disappointment following Latics and searching for a positive outlook.

Bristol's Memorial could see a new inscription - 'Diego was here' when Penney got the ingredients correct and the heat in the kitchen was turned down considerably. :comeon:

To put things into perspective

Our first six league games under Shez in 2006/2007 when we made the playoffs

Tranmere away - Lost 1-0

Port Vale home- Lost 1-0

Swansea home - Won 1-0

Milwall away - Lost 1-0

Carlisle home - Drew 0-0

Bournemouth away - Lost 3-2

We were sitting 22nd in the league on 4 points. And I distinctly remember on JK latics fans ranting on how we were going to get relegated that season.

Peney outers please look at the table and remind me how many points we are sitting on now, after six league games?

Fergies first six game in charge at Man U was 6 points, consisting of a win, two losses and three draws

In 1988-89, Man united went on a winless run of 1 loss and 8 draws from beginning of oct 88 to end of nov 88

They also finished that season 11th in division one, with a record of W3 D3 L8 in their final 14 league games

And in 1989-1990 went on a winless run of 11 league games from end of november to mid feb, with a record of W0 D5 L6

My point being if the Old Trafford faithful and board of directors thought like some of the idiots on here who want penney out after six games, i doubt fergie would have seen two seasons at Old Trafford.