Dear Dave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. So, if the trajectory's downwards, at what point do you see yourself becoming as boring as some of the whingers on here?

You're missing the point again, in that you seem to be ignoring the fact that how I see myself, or how others wish to see me, is entirely irrelevant.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

"The day I become as boring as some of you whingers is the day I stop bothering with OWTB."

Which bit of the way you see yourself is entirely irrelevant to the above statement? Sorry if I missed a meeting. Must have been inspecting the aris' at close quarters again.

Here comes the swerve

So what? (Apart from the spiral going the opposite way if he's in the southern hemisphere... :wink: )

I would imagine being isolated away from the club would have something of an impact on how the negative happenings around the club would impact someone.

Its easier to sit in France having not seen the club since 1994 for example, saying, things aren't all that bad... Than it is to turn up to every match for the last 15 years watching the club die day by day....

That is all....

p.s. dont know how long he has been away...

I would imagine being isolated away from the club would have something of an impact on how the negative happenings around the club would impact someone.

Its easier to sit in France having not seen the club since 1994 for example, saying, things aren't all that bad... Than it is to turn up to every match for the last 15 years watching the club die day by day....

That is all....

p.s. dont know how long he has been away...

Kets lives in Laaandaaann Taaan, and his last game IIRC was Millwall. He did however live in the land of the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey for a not inconsiderable length of time I believe.

Kets lives in Laaandaaann Taaan, and his last game IIRC was Millwall. He did however live in the land of the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey for a not inconsiderable length of time I believe.

Ah right... I did say at the start that I only thought he lived abroad...

I would imagine my comment carries some weight in regards to all exiles... Myself included... All be it not as far away as some :P If your in London and rarely see a game... You going to have a better outlook than someone who lives and breaths it every game...

I haven't been this season and I am depressed... Goodness knows how some of you lot feel!

Edited by oafc0000

Out of interest did you send similar letters to Talbot, Ritchie, Moore and Sheridan ? Just wondering as people who start of putting themselves up as the "perfect" fan while slagging off the rest of the fan base tend to be the ones who thought the likes of Ronnie Moore and John Sheridan where going to lead us to glory as well...

You say ignore the "morons" and embrace the happier clappers.... To be frank, I would rather him just take a look at the league table and videos of the performances and get it sorted....

Also, what does it matter how nice the guy. Give me a **** and latics top of the table any day of the week...

I am all for not getting on his back and giving him time to sort things.... Writing slap on the back emails is a tad over the top me thinks...

No i didnt send anything to Talbot, Moore or Sheridan. RM was a complete and utter prick who i didnt like from day on, Sheridan had everyones backing until near the end of his time which i agrred that he needed to go and talbot again had everyones backing until it was evident he wasnt good enough.

The thing with DP and the current situation is that unlike past managers whom everyone gave a large amount of time to get it right, he has been vilified this past month because we arent playing like real madrid or beating hartlepool.

Seems a lot of people like him and will give him time, but those that wont or dont want to certainly made that clear at the game, which I am sure he heard, so i am offering him support, if i was new to a job and had heard what i heard shouted at me on friday i know a nice constructive letter would be a little piece of good reading after friday night.

he has been vilified this past month because we arent playing like real madrid or beating hartlepool.

Bit of a gap there mate... I don't think ANYONE expect us to play like Real Madrid... I personally expect us to beat Hartlepool at home.

I looked at Penny when we appointed him and thought, not right... Still think he is not right but I agree he needs space to sort things out / be given a chance!... Its too early to have a pop...

Edited by oafc0000

Bit of a gap there mate... I don't think ANYONE expect us to play like Real Madrid... I personally expect us to beat Hartlepool at home.

I looked at Penny when we appointed him and thought, not right... Still think he is not right but I agree he needs space to sort things out / be given a chance!... Its too early to have a pop...

I had the exact opposite feeling when we appointed him and still feel he is the right man, each to their own opinion though..

No i didnt send anything to Talbot, Moore or Sheridan. RM was a complete and utter prick who i didnt like from day on, Sheridan had everyones backing until near the end of his time which i agrred that he needed to go and talbot again had everyones backing until it was evident he wasnt good enough.

The thing with DP and the current situation is that unlike past managers whom everyone gave a large amount of time to get it right, he has been vilified this past month because we arent playing like real madrid or beating hartlepool.

Seems a lot of people like him and will give him time, but those that wont or dont want to certainly made that clear at the game, which I am sure he heard, so i am offering him support, if i was new to a job and had heard what i heard shouted at me on friday i know a nice constructive letter would be a little piece of good reading after friday night.

So you didn't like Moore from day one but that's OK, but anyone who's not taken to Penney is blasted by you. How does that work?

I'm completly behind Penney and feel IF given the time he could do a great job for us, but I've been all for giving every manager time (ie years, not months). Yet you're having a pop at everyone who it would appear feels the same way about our current incumbent as you did about Ronnie without giving either of them a chance.

I'm not even bothering to read past the letter itself, but a few things I would say.

What has DP done to deserve such support? Not a criticism of him, but I feel that you earn respect and support, just as you earn the flak that you get (unless you are called "Eardley"). We have allowed a transfer window to close with the squad glaringly incomplete, with a huge issue surrounding the centre-halves and keeper who surely must be the keystone to any good side.

DP oversaw this, and I know few Latics fans who wouldn't have given their eye-teeth to have Fleming back this year or a good young entre-half instead of :censored:, Parker and a few others that we have brought in.

While you are right to suggest that he should be given time to bring his design to fruition, I would suggest that he does not deserve any more support than any other worker in any other job - that is that there is an understanding of the difficulties but you must deliver ultimately.

My biggest fear is that I do not see this as a season of consolidation - I see it as another one going nowhere. I've no idea how the team is going to look in a year - where is our long-term direction? When DP shows me his vision, then mabe I'll believe. Until then you can only judge by the results and they have been indifferent.

So, maybe a little les sanctimonious in your next epistle please.