My great idea which would save Latics

It says aboslutely not looking to merge with anyone. Also they are struggling to get their own stadium plans off the ground due to ours going ahead at a pace. They are a tin pot non league Scum break away group that will ultimately fade away.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving the email address off for now so that you lot don't bombard them. I'll leave my name, her name and my email address in to show its authenticity.

Editted as I removed her name but added it back in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:34:30 +0700

Subject: Re: Potential expansion/merger idea

To: johnevans1979@gmail.com

Dear Mr Evans,

Thankyou for your interest in ***********.

As a company keen to expand both our on and off field profile, we are constantly investigating different avenues which could be off benefit to us. Although I cannot disclose sensitive information to third parties I think I can safely say that a merger wouldn't be in our immediate plans.

So definately no merging

The proposed stadium is proving to be a complicated and difficult matter. As I am sure you are aware, there is another development proposed in the area. In the current economic climate, the relevant authorities seem loathe to give any permissions to two large scale sporting arenas in close proximity. I also think it is fair to say that companies with similar aims should be able to work together to reach the common goal.

Should be able to work together - still doesnt mean sharing a stadium

You can be certain that we will keep a constant flow of press releases to keep all interested parties updated.

Once again, thanks for your interest.

Megan Gretton

Commercial Director

As expected - nothing

I would see them more of a poison than a remedy to the clubs problems.

Only reason FC United get big gates is because of glazier, which is the whole point of FC United. Merge them with latics and they lose that identity/motive to go and rebel against their american owners. Latics would also lose fans on basic principle of merging with a spin off from one of our biggest rivals.

You idea looks good on paper, but in reality it just wouldnt work.

Exactly.

I don't see what the idea is. Merge with FC? Why? What's the point? I've been to FC games cos a few mates support them. Firstly, you pay like £38 per season ticket. You pay about £3 per game. How we gain a profit is beyond me. Secondly, FC are the biggest hypocritical footballing side going. They blab on about their owners, debts, and Sky. Yet Gigg Lane supply Sky TV! About 300 of them were watching the Man U/Barca game, whilst singing Utd songs etc. It's ridiculous. So for financial reasons it doesn't work, and because they're a club set up on "morals" alone, which we as a club/set of fans don't care about, it wouldn't work.

I also think it is fair to say that companies with similar aims should be able to work together to reach the common goal.

So, lets look at this. There is an email with the above sentence in it (Deny it as much as you like, you all know what it means) ans Talksport have broadcast the rumour.

BUT STILL you dont believe it. God. Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its not there. I dont like cancer but it exists.

So, lets look at this. There is an email with the above sentence in it (Deny it as much as you like, you all know what it means) ans Talksport have broadcast the rumour.

BUT STILL you dont believe it. God. Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its not there. I dont like cancer but it exists.

Working together just suggests both parties will help each other for each teams final goal , the final goal wont be sharing a stadium!!!

You have been sucked in by standard PR responses!

And that's exactly what it is - a rumour started by someone who thought they had a bright idea, banged out a couple of emails, got a reply which rejects the idea and now thinks they've hit a winning formula. Christ on a bicycle, what a plank.

Even more :ranting:

Maybe TalkSport did broadcast it and then realised (or were told) they'd been hoodwinked by a maniac and it was all a load of made up shyte, which might explain why the item has not appeared in subsequent news bulletins.

Just a thought.

I emailed Talk sport to ask if there was any mention of a merger between Oldham and FC Scum on the news this morning, i got the following reply.

Dear Mr Owl,

Thanks for your email requesting clarification on the news story regarding the merger between Oldham Athletic and FC scum on todays show.

Just to confirm, no we did not run any story on it, and if you are in contact with that pecker head by the name of Beckfords right foot, please tell him if he doenst stop ringing, faxing and emailing us to tell us to run the news story just to make him look popular with his new found friends then were going to send Alan Brazil round his house to sit and talk bollox to him for hours on end. On second thoughts, that might not be bad as he talks bollox himself so that will only serve as punishment to Alan, so instead we will come round and kick seven shades out of him".

By the way, we all love you Mr Owl, we think your ace and think you should be the new striker for Oldham as your heading ability is second to none.

Yours faithfully,

The bloke who runs talksport.

P.S. Dont show this email to anyone please