My great idea which would save Latics

Whilst sat in my drawing room last night contemplating the fascinating evolution of the human eye and the polar journeys of Captain Robert Falcon Scott, I had the idea of all ideas. In a stroke it would;

Boost crowds by at least 2000 (it could be way more but I expect some fans to stop going on account of it)

Give us a far higher media profile

Ready made confirmed plans for a new stadium close to the Failsworth site

The idea is controversial and I expect some abuse. However, think about it for 2 minutes before you lash out.

What is the idea? Merge with FC United.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Who would go?

As I'm constantly being told "Latics have 4000 loyal fans" and as I'm constantly being told "the new stadium will attract new fans". FC United get what? 3000+. The average crowd would be 6500/7000

2. Not really an argument. More a negative. Stott gave Latics a hell of a lot of money to spend, shame it was all wasted on dross.

3. MK Dons are in a better positon all round than Latics and AFC Wimbledon get comparable crowds to us.

1. Who would go?

As I'm constantly being told "Latics have 4000 loyal fans" and as I'm constantly being told "the new stadium will attract new fans". FC United get what? 3000+. The average crowd would be 6500/7000

2. Not really an argument. More a negative. Stott gave Latics a hell of a lot of money to spend, shame it was all wasted on dross.

3. MK Dons are in a better positon all round than Latics and AFC Wimbledon get comparable crowds to us.

1/ but would those figures STILL go to support a new plastic club? i wouldn't.

2/stott give nowt...he was on a bloody wage!

3/many clubs would be doing well with a mr winklewanker on board.

I could not be involved with anything remotely stinking of Man Ure. An absolute non starter Becks.....oh do I just type Becks? Do we play in Red or Blue in this new venture?

*Keyboard out the window*

Arrrrrrggghhhh Never Never, next people will be saying we should change our name to Oldham United and we all should go and watch our team at Gigg lane.

I would never go and watch again if we was to merge with anybody, Reason is because it would not be the team i chose to support as a young lad, it wouldnt be our team. :angry:

I would see them more of a poison than a remedy to the clubs problems.

Only reason FC United get big gates is because of glazier, which is the whole point of FC United. Merge them with latics and they lose that identity/motive to go and rebel against their american owners. Latics would also lose fans on basic principle of merging with a spin off from one of our biggest rivals.

You idea looks good on paper, but in reality it just wouldnt work.

I have emailed FC United and the relevant people at Latics regarding the idea which is making more and more sense as I think about it. I think both clubs will be very interested in the idea of bigger gates and a higher media profile. If not, then there is something wrong.

Hopefully, this might trigger someone or something into action and sometime in the next 2 years Latics could be financially secure.

I have emailed FC United and the relevant people at Latics regarding the idea which is making more and more sense as I think about it. I think both clubs will be very interested in the idea of bigger gates and a higher media profile. If not, then there is something wrong.

Hopefully, this might trigger someone or something into action and sometime in the next 2 years Latics could be financially secure.

F**k it man email Rochdale, Bolton, Bury and Altrincham too and we can make a massive super club :grin:

NURSE!! THE PILLS!!!

:clown:

It mightl trigger them into not merging but sharing a new stadium.