My great idea which would save Latics

Mangotsfield United sounds like a club run by The Wurzels. :grin:

From their results over the last couple of seasons, The Wurzels would probably do a better job. :lol:

It's really not worth the 7 minute walk from home to go and watch them, although I do unless it's a Saturday afternoon or a Tuesday night. <_<

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a PM off Beckfords RF

For some reason my messages arent showing up but I've had a very interesting email. I'll be posting it soon if they will let me. Your all gonna be furious I'm afraid but I honestly think its good news. I'm not trolling.

:lol:

What you on about here? either put up or say nowt.

I have emailed FC United and the relevant people at Latics regarding the idea which is making more and more sense as I think about it. I think both clubs will be very interested in the idea of bigger gates and a higher media profile. If not, then there is something wrong.

Hopefully, this might trigger someone or something into action and sometime in the next 2 years Latics could be financially secure.

I seriously hope that any recipient of the said email (which I note you haven't pasted onto here to show fellow 'tics) is met with a swift press of the Delete key within the confines of Boundary Park.

Why on earth would we want to merge with FC United, irrespective of the team, the fans are the most arogant bunch of to$$er$ on the planet right alongside MKMongs. There supporters believe football started when they set up a splinter club at their opposition of the Glazers taking over at Old Trafford - Since they took over, the splinter group will have seen their former club win several league titles and appear in 2 European Cup finals, back-to-back! So it just goes to show what an arrogant bunch of pr*cks they are.....and you'd want us to merge with them???? FFS No, Nae NEVER!

Secondly, and more importantly, you believe the way forward for Latics is to merge with a non-league side and thus see us instantly demoted from the Football League as you have to take up the position of the lowest placed league club in any merger. Then, your assuming we would rise from such a place, whilst trying to compete with already established non-league sides, purely on the basis we may have 6 or 7 thousand fans! By the same thought process Celtic & Rangers would do well in the Premier League....which they wouldn't, and also the Russian sides that attract 120,000 should effectively win the European Cup year on year!

One final point, which you have also overlooked, is the fact that FC United was apparently set up by the fans for their fans. If they were really that bothered about supporting Oldham Athletic, they'd have done so without the hassle of forming a brand new club. By the same token, if we saddled them with our debts etc, there'd probably be nothing to stop them saying they'd had enough and go crawling back to Old Trafford (as a fair few have after the novelty wore off after 1 season in the NWCL). This would then leave OAFC in some dead end non-league, lower crowds and little or probably no link with the FC United you wanted us to merge with.

Personally, if it ever happened, I would go and give my money to a tramp than pay 1 solitary penny to the Ba***rd offspring you are trying to promote. This has to be the most stupid suggestion ever made! :ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

What you on about here? either put up or say nowt.

Thats the PM he sent me ,

Sorry I just have put it in a quote

From BeckfordsRightfoot:

For some reason my messages arent showing up but I've had a very interesting email. I'll be posting it soon if they will let me. Your all gonna be furious I'm afraid but I honestly think its good news. I'm not trolling.

Aside from the stupid idea of merging wih FC United, what about if they did a Ground share with us.

No idea if all their fans are based in MAnchester, if the Metrolink is up nad running it would be very similar to trawling up to Gigg ane as us.

I am saying this with us as landlord though, but a second question, with the numbers of fans they have, they might be more solvent than us, what about a 50:50 split on costs and ownership of the stadium

(I have to nail my sail firmly to the mast of agaisnt a 50/1050 split, we need the security)

Edited by singe

no worries , he hasnt posted anything yet though <_<

This is killing me now. I'm probably going to be offline from a few moments time until Thursday night ... I'm not entirely sure I'll survive that long not knowing the contents of BRF's interesting email! :shock:

This is killing me now. I'm probably going to be offline from a few moments time until Thursday night ... I'm not entirely sure I'll survive that long not knowing the contents of BRF's interesting email! :shock:

Its probably something like

I am the Queen of Sheeba I have money in the sum of 4million dollars , help me move it and you can have 20%

It mightl trigger them into not merging but sharing a new stadium.

Aside from the stupid idea of merging wih FC United, what about if they did a Ground share with us.

No idea if all their fans are based in MAnchester, if the Metrolink is up nad running it would be very similar to trawling up to Gigg ane as us.

I am saying this with us as landlord though, but a second question, with the numbers of fans they have, they might be more solvent than us, what about a 50:50 split on costs and ownership of the stadium

(I have to nail my sail firmly to the mast of agaisnt a 50/1050 split, we need the security)

Singe may not be so far from the truth. I am waiting for a second confirming email before I post any sensitive information.

Quite simply NO.

It's bad enough moving to the very edge of Manchester. Moving to the edge of Manchester, to a ground we only part own, with that bastard offspring....no thanks.

Not as a groundshare, not as tenants, not as anything.

Singe may not be so far from the truth. I am waiting for a second confirming email before I post any sensitive information.

I wonder if its similar to the one I got from a man in Nigeria this morning, I'm also still waiting a scond confirmation email after I forwarded him my bank details.

The idea is controversial and I expect some abuse. However, think about it for 2 minutes before you lash out.

If you get a move on you could solve the Israeli-Palestinian dispute before you have to rush off for your evening evening grapple.

LL think you may have hit the nail on the head.... part of this deal will see Bob removed to exile in Oldham, very controversial for the Oldham public