Remember the old Chaddy The Owl?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Kevin Williams version of Chaddy at my sons christening do at the Church Inn in Uppermill 6 or 7 years ago. He turned up dead on time and was brilliant with everyone there, (especially the kids of course). He stayed on in his "civvies" for a bit of nosh and I found him to be a really good bloke.

I would like to add that I think the current Chaddy is doing a great job also.

Fair play and much respect.

The only reason my sister started going to Latics was because she wanted to see Chaddy. I think Chaddy's great for the little uns.

You can't underestimate the delight Chaddy brings to the young kids. At times like this he appears to be the Club's only shining light. :imnotworthy:

Erm.....No its not a full time thing, it just consists of match days and appearances which can be anytime. Usually weekends or evenings though although there is the odd ones during the day which i usually took time out of work for and just used my holidays.

No its not good money, infact i dont get paid for it. That isnt an issue for me though, i do it for the love of the club. Although i must point out that i get in for free and so does my dad. It has other benefits but none of them are in a financial way. When i go to the mascot races a few people on here can confirm what kind of money it costs me to attend, but there usually isnt much change out of £300. Like i say though, its not about the money, i have a laugh as Chaddy and i love the look on little kids faces when they see Chaddy. Only a select few have done it and they will tell you exactly what a good laugh it is.

Cheers mate, I've always wondered.

Full respect for what you do aswell, you're a credit to the club.

Dunno if it actually happend cos I can't quite remember, but which one was it who got thrown out at Donny a few years back? Or at least I recall the police coming over to him to warn him. That guy was a hero :lol:

The current one - who is a top bloke from what I've seen of him - is more of a classic mascot. Spends a lot of time with the younger kids, who find him entertaining.

I know two women who are petrified of you, Chaddy. One always runs off to buy coffee whenever you come over.

Dunno if it actually happend cos I can't quite remember, but which one was it who got thrown out at Donny a few years back? Or at least I recall the police coming over to him to warn him. That guy was a hero :lol:

The current one - who is a top bloke from what I've seen of him - is more of a classic mascot. Spends a lot of time with the younger kids, who find him entertaining.

I know two women who are petrified of you, Chaddy. One always runs off to buy coffee whenever you come over.

Im afraid that was me at Donny. Got thrown out and threatened with arrest if i didnt leave, i was gutted.....although i did get an apology a few days later and i get on really well with the policemen in question these days, even to the point where they have drove me to the ground when ive been walking there :grin:

Like i said, i just dont wear them for games. If i wore them for games i also wouldnt be allowed onto the pitch incase i dig up the grass when i slip.

So big soft flat bottomed slippers damage the pitch more than football boots?!

I think the general consensus here is that the fans appreciate what you do but maybe the time is right for a bit more entertainment. Ruling out what your not allowed to do, that leaves the centre circle, away fan area and perimeter of the pitch.

Hmmmm. Some ideas.

Paint an amusing mural on the Lookers wall. Do interviews in front of it on the tannoy or for this website/Latics website. During the interviews, all you do is squawk. This could be superb.

Make a sign and attempt to stick it on an opposition players back during the warm up. There is no reason to stop this.

Make a "Chaddy Car" that you ride around the outside of the pitch. A bike isn't as funny.

As a special one off, abseil from the Rochdale Road End roof. Chaddy flies in to Latics. Easy to do.

I've always thought being a mascot would be hilarious and seems to be a wasted opportunity. Theres some ideas!!!

And thats just a start!!!!!!

I remember the old Chaddy sprawled out in the Lookers when it was shut (probably for an LDV game or something), and he had his hand down the shorts he was wearing (obviously over the Owl costume) and he was either pretending to pleasure himself or just didn't realise what he was doing. Funny all the same though.

Do I think Chaddy should be "more entertaining"?

I tell you what would be entertaining.

An 8 foot owl beating the living crap out of an irritating, attention seeking queen who thinks he's hard cos he pulls hair and gouges when he fights.

Time to give the constant bid for centre stage a rest BRF. You're not big, you're not clever, and you're certainly not entertaining.

We were bored at the beginning, let alone now.

For the sake of us all, please, just :censored:ing do one.

Do I think Chaddy should be "more entertaining"?

I tell you what would be entertaining.

An 8 foot owl beating the living crap out of an irritating, attention seeking queen who thinks he's hard cos he pulls hair and gouges when he fights.

Time to give the constant bid for centre stage a rest BRF. You're not big, you're not clever, and you're certainly not entertaining.

We were bored at the beginning, let alone now.

For the sake of us all, please, just :censored:ing do one.

Hair pulling and eye gouging are against the rules. As is small joint manipulation.

I love the "we were bored" comments. Blantant lies. Just look at the view and post counts my threads. I think that would prove in a court of law that you most certainly weren't bored.

There are many people on here who find me very entertaining and it is for their sakes that I will not leave. In fact garcon, I think I'll pay extra attention to your posts. You seem to have some interesting ideas!