Remember the old Chaddy The Owl?

To say BRF publicises on here that he wants to meet up to chat with his detractors after a game, training to do UFC/MMA cause he's such a big man...his tails sure has gone in between his legs on this one.

Reading along, I thought this is the centre stage sorta stuff he fondles himself over while at his computer screen...I'm obviously mistaken.

If he does do the mascot on saturday...alec 1954 might be right about him after all

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did send me a PM, but he certainly didnt leave it "in discussion" with me. He said he would think about my proposal and sleep on it and let me know. But unless he has been asleep since 10pm last night till now i suspect i wont hear back from him. He did tell me i could post his PM that he sent me but i just thought it would be funnier if i didnt as people think he bottled it. :lol:

At the end of the day im happy to let him do it as it will make him realise just how knackering and hard it is. But the final say would be down to AH and i know he would have read BRF's posts and im sure he would think long and hard before he let him loose as Chaddy.

Edited by chaddy the owl

Apparently he has tried sending me a messgae on facebook so im being told but ive been very busy since Wednesday trying to sort out my new job and my coaching session for my exam. Didnt get chance to read his message but having dropped the kit off in the club this morning i got the message that a stand in Chaddy had been arranged for today and ive been told he was good which is always nice to hear. Just to clarify though....it was NOT BRF :wink:

P.S. I was gutted to be missing the game but my exam went very well and i find out tomorrow if ive passed, i will be honestly shocked if i didnt though.

Also got to add that in his time here as Chaddy Kevin never saw us get promoted. So if that really is your agenda then your better contacting the original Chaddy's. One is called Paul Taft and he lives in America, ive got his contact details if that helps as i email him now and again to see how he is getting on. And the other is Lois who runs the shop, somehow dont think you will get her convinced into doing it again. <_<

Yep that's me. Lois made the outfit and began as the owl then they advertised for someone to do the job every home game. I was Chaddy for our triumphant 90/91 season and for the following two seasons including the first season of the Premier League. I stopped because I moved over here to the US.

Probably the worst things about the old suit were the wings which were held out by cricket stumps sewn into the costume and the smell. It was worth it though to be in the prematch photographs and meet the opposing captains, especially when we were promoted.

I actually made a cameo appearence back in '99 (I think). I was asked to put on the suit (the second generation suit but still with stumps for hands) for an away game at Man City. At half time we had a one on one penalty competition in small goals set up at the sideline of the home end. It was a little tough to make a save with the 'wickets' :D Enjoyed the free visit to City though, didnt even have to drive.

I think most kids enjoyed the spectacle of Chaddy when I did it although there were these 'packs' of them that seemed to be without parents and whose goal was simply to torment the daft sod in the owl suit. Overall it was a lot of fun and I miss the gig even now.

Edited by chaddytheowl

Hey Chaddy,

I have a laugh as Chaddy and i love the look on little kids faces when they see Chaddy.

Cough, cough. Say hello again to your biggest, littlest (loudest?) fan.

913jp.th.jpg

Many thanks for posing. Made my day, if not his! Ha! :grin:

Cheers,

KC

Im afraid that was me at Donny. Got thrown out and threatened with arrest if i didnt leave, i was gutted.....although i did get an apology a few days later and i get on really well with the policemen in question these days, even to the point where they have drove me to the ground when ive been walking there :grin:

Donny was a bad day all round, too much Vodka on the train down and some very sore heads on the train home :D what a day

Yep that's me. Lois made the outfit and began as the owl then they advertised for someone to do the job every home game. I was Chaddy for our triumphant 90/91 season and for the following two seasons including the first season of the Premier League. I stopped because I moved over here to the US.

Probably the worst things about the old suit were the wings which were held out by cricket stumps sewn into the costume and the smell. It was worth it though to be in the prematch photographs and meet the opposing captains, especially when we were promoted.

I actually made a cameo appearence back in '99 (I think). I was asked to put on the suit (the second generation suit but still with stumps for hands) for an away game at Man City. At half time we had a one on one penalty competition in small goals set up at the sideline of the home end. It was a little tough to make a save with the 'wickets' biggrin.gif Enjoyed the free visit to City though, didnt even have to drive.

I think most kids enjoyed the spectacle of Chaddy when I did it although there were these 'packs' of them that seemed to be without parents and whose goal was simply to torment the daft sod in the owl suit. Overall it was a lot of fun and I miss the gig even now.

that owl costume was nearly as ugly as u paul :tongue1: shame the standard of owls went down from that point lol

should have stuck to GOLDEN GOAL like me haha

Edited by chaddy

Im a bit peed off with the fact that BRF has even gone to the trouble of asking people for my mobile number. Fortunately he was given my old number, i would be furious if he was given my new number as i feel that him and "Alan Amith" would only want it to send me abusive texts and calls because they didnt get their own way on Saturday. Im even getting abuse on Facebook now just because they cant post on here, i guess some poeple have just got nothing better to do eh?

Nice to see you on here Paul anyway.

P.S. I did manage to pass my level 2 football course as well so it was worth missing the game on Saturday :grin:

Im a bit peed off with the fact that BRF has even gone to the trouble of asking people for my mobile number. Fortunately he was given my old number, i would be furious if he was given my new number as i feel that him and "Alan Amith" would only want it to send me abusive texts and calls because they didnt get their own way on Saturday. Im even getting abuse on Facebook now just because they cant post on here, i guess some poeple have just got nothing better to do eh?

P.S. I did manage to pass my level 2 football course as well so it was worth missing the game on Saturday :grin:

Nice one mate !!!! well done.

OMG!!!!..I have just come back off honeymoon to find out we have our first home win and you have passed your level 2 footy coaching....."congrats Wayne"....Ignore this BRF..what a wind up merchant!!....and I can't believe people who you have trusted with you mobile number have given it out and even your personal details to find you on FB too. Who ever you are you should be ashamed.

You do the job for the love of the club and the kiddies, who adore you and your getting grief over it!!!!!!...bloomin eck...not only have some fans turned on the players but now are rounding on the mascot too. If you are being threatened on FB, get them blocked but get it reported too to Cookie as you have a family to consider.

Hopefully we will see you Mrs Chaddy and the "owlets" on Sat night.

Im big enough to handle a bit of verbal abuse but thanks for the support.

You certainly will see me and Mrs Owl at the do on Saturday, wouldnt miss it for the world. I was going to bring the nipper but i suspect my mum and dad might want him to stay at theirs before he goes away for a while. Trouble is....he wants to come to your party. <_<