Remember the old Chaddy The Owl?

Firstly, i aint gonna rise to you BRF :tongue1:

I thought the "Previous" Chaddy was good in his own way. I say previous as there have been two others before him. If i acted as he did though i would not keep the job as that was made VERY clear to me when i got the job. He left before he was sacked for his actions. I would love to do the full pitch run and penalty but i have been told im not allowed to go in the penalty box by Tony the head groundsman incase the pitch gets damaged. Lots of things have changed for mascots in the past 5 YEARS that i have been Chaddy.

You are correct, the previous Chaddy was called Kevin Williams, as it happens i saw him on Saturday, he is a priest now and was giving a talk to people on market st in Manchester about how DNA is proof that jesus really excisted. If you want to get his story then feel free to go down there on a Saturday afternoon and speak to him, im sure he would love to hear your views just before he lets you know his views. If that fails, i have got his mobile number and i can ask him if he wishes to speak to you. I suspect he wont bother but i guess its worth asking.

And just to put the record straight, Kevin won the mascot grand national 3 times. Twice as Chaddy in 2002 and 2003, then again in 2007 as Sun Squirell.

Anyway, good luck with your search. Oh, and sorry i didnt come on here taking offence by your comment and spitting my dummy out, im not that kind of owl though :grin:

Reason for edit: Sorry, just wanted to add that the reason i wear football boots is that the big boots i have cost over £700 and i dont fancy getting them knackered. Also Kevin used to wear football boots as well, he also didnt wear "big boots" in the races which was the reasons all others mascots fell out with him which is why i always do runs in my big boots :wink:

Edited by chaddy the owl

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anyway, good luck with your search. Oh, and sorry i didnt come on here taking offence by your comment and spitting my dummy out, im not that kind of owl though"

Not that that was my intention at all, but good. I didn't even consider you when making this thread.

However, if you can help me, I would appreciate it. We need to bring the glory days back.

"Anyway, good luck with your search. Oh, and sorry i didnt come on here taking offence by your comment and spitting my dummy out, im not that kind of owl though"

Not that that was my intention at all, but good. I didn't even consider you when making this thread.

However, if you can help me, I would appreciate it. We need to bring the glory days back.

Change the mascot back to a naughty one and suddenly all our players become amazing , i admire your optimism

Anything i can do to help. But if you seriously think you can convince a priest who likes to give lectures to anyone who will listen on a Saturday afternoon in Manchester to suddenly come and put on a suit and run round the ground again then you really need to lay off the sauce mate. How about using your time (you obviously have a lot of it on your hands) to arrange a meeting with AH and TO to see if they will let me do the stuff that Kevin used to do. And while your at it, speak to PC Cook as well and tell him not to arrest me when i do it in front of him. :lol:

Also got to add that in his time here as Chaddy Kevin never saw us get promoted. So if that really is your agenda then your better contacting the original Chaddy's. One is called Paul Taft and he lives in America, ive got his contact details if that helps as i email him now and again to see how he is getting on. And the other is Lois who runs the shop, somehow dont think you will get her convinced into doing it again. <_<

Kevin used to wear football boots as well, he also didnt wear "big boots" in the races which was the reasons all others mascots fell out with him which is why i always do runs in my big boots :wink:

At Bradford City, the City Gent came to our end at half-time and said "The new Chaddy is much better than the old one. He was a w****r!"

The city gent (amongst lots of others) really did not like Kevin. I have always tried to defend him as i knew what he was trying to do, but it didnt always go down well with others. The problem is though, City Gent is held in VERY high regards by ALL other mascots, so it was a case of "monkey see, monkey do".

You obviously have NOT seen city gent recently. He got diagnosed with diabetes about 18 months ago and got told to lose weight. He has lost loads of weight, he looks like he's got aids these days :lol:

Chaddy, purely out of curiosity...is being Chaddy a full time thing? And is it good money? I'd love getting paid for running around in an owl suit one day a week :D (I know you do things midweek but you know what I mean)

Chaddy, purely out of curiosity...is being Chaddy a full time thing? And is it good money? I'd love getting paid for running around in an owl suit one day a week :D (I know you do things midweek but you know what I mean)

Erm.....No its not a full time thing, it just consists of match days and appearances which can be anytime. Usually weekends or evenings though although there is the odd ones during the day which i usually took time out of work for and just used my holidays.

No its not good money, infact i dont get paid for it. That isnt an issue for me though, i do it for the love of the club. Although i must point out that i get in for free and so does my dad. It has other benefits but none of them are in a financial way. When i go to the mascot races a few people on here can confirm what kind of money it costs me to attend, but there usually isnt much change out of £300. Like i say though, its not about the money, i have a laugh as Chaddy and i love the look on little kids faces when they see Chaddy. Only a select few have done it and they will tell you exactly what a good laugh it is.

I think he was called Kevin Williams he used to live next door to a friend of mine in Middleton.

He won the mascot Grand National 2 years running.

I think he quit after all the trouble against the Lashers.

he was also on the weakest link a while back too

He was hilarious!

Pole dancing with the strippers, winding up away fans, running around with massive Owl feet instead of football boots etc. He used to boost the atmosphere when he dribbled the ball from the Chaddy End and score at the Rochdale Road end, the crowd always gave him the big " whoooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh".

With sparse entertainment on the pitch, I say bring him back.

Any funny incidents you remember?

He does still wear the owl feet for apearances.

Proof

Erm.....No its not a full time thing, it just consists of match days and appearances which can be anytime. Usually weekends or evenings though although there is the odd ones during the day which i usually took time out of work for and just used my holidays.

No its not good money, infact i dont get paid for it. That isnt an issue for me though, i do it for the love of the club. Although i must point out that i get in for free and so does my dad. It has other benefits but none of them are in a financial way. When i go to the mascot races a few people on here can confirm what kind of money it costs me to attend, but there usually isnt much change out of £300. Like i say though, its not about the money, i have a laugh as Chaddy and i love the look on little kids faces when they see Chaddy. Only a select few have done it and they will tell you exactly what a good laugh it is.

Fair play and much respect.

The only reason my sister started going to Latics was because she wanted to see Chaddy. I think Chaddy's great for the little uns.

I knew who had Bloomfield Bears boot and who handed it back. It was done cold war dead letter drop style!!

I remember being in a pub in blackpool, one near the ground i forget its name, and there was a group of lads in there that had it. My dad offered to get it in the gorund but it never materialised. I remember there was a chant and they planned to dispaly it in the ground (possibly give it to chaddy in the ground). Think the police had wind of it all as im sure there was a ban on taking it in the ground?

You have to pay your transport to away games I assume, I like the fact that our mascot goes to away games, you hear supporters of other teams going about how great their mascot is but you rarely ever see them

Yes i do pay for my own travel for away games. Unfortunately (for me) it isnt possible for me to attend most away games this season as i am now managing the under 8's team for Chaddy Park FC and they happen to play on Saturday mornings. I will attend away games that are within an hours driving distance or any away game when the kids team are not playing. One of things ive had to sacrifice to do what ive always wanted to do....teach kids football.