mk dons - dirtiest team we've ever played?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thats the one where Gary Kelly saved a Pen but the ref ordered it to be re-taken...coz of Reading players encroaching!!! Phil Joslin...worst referee we've ever had!"

:grin:

Yeah...just read that after I posted. Lol. I've never broken a football seat in anger in my life, but I'm amazed the one infront of me was still there after the abuse I gave it that day!

PS Jesus...was that really 10yrs ago??? That seriously does bother me...age never has, but thinking that is 10yrs is a scary thought!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

talking of bad referees, anybody remember that bloody Cowburn? (it would be difficult to forget him) the main thing i remember about that plank is when we had him for the 4-1 home win over plymouth (the season they got promoted) and after we scored one of our goals the players were still celebrating over near the lookers, when he decided to let plymouth kick off! They still didn't score though :lol:

talking of bad referees, anybody remember that bloody Cowburn? (it would be difficult to forget him) the main thing i remember about that plank is when we had him for the 4-1 home win over plymouth (the season they got promoted) and after we scored one of our goals the players were still celebrating over near the lookers, when he decided to let plymouth kick off! They still didn't score though :lol:

Yeah. iffy pen for them, iffy disallowed goal for them, even iffier fourth for us and JJ sent off! Oh and one of their guys sent off for nowt! Summat to do with a taking a free-kick too quick?

Yeah...just read that after I posted. Lol. I've never broken a football seat in anger in my life, but I'm amazed the one infront of me was still there after the abuse I gave it that day!

PS Jesus...was that really 10yrs ago??? That seriously does bother me...age never has, but thinking that is 10yrs is a scary thought!!!

10 years, yep - my boy is 11 in 23 days and like I say that was his first birthday!

Dirtest team sorry MK were nothing to what Sheffield United were of the early 90's remember when we first got promoted and they played us at BP and had 2 men sent off in the first half that was in 1991 where you had to almost paralyse people on the pitch to gain a straight red card.

Some right thugs in that team.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Dirtest team sorry MK were nothing to what Sheffield United were of the early 90's remember when we first got promoted and they played us at BP and had 2 men sent off in the first half that was in 1991 where you had to almost paralyse people on the pitch to gain a straight red card.

Some right thugs in that team.

I hated Bassett' s Blades with a passion. I remember the penultimate home game of 93/94, we were all over them at 1-1, Sean McCarthy is clean through, Simon Tracey races 25 yards from goal, with no attempt to win the ball takes fat arse out. Inevitable red card, but although down to ten men they are able to bring our nemesis Alan Kelly on, who has a blinder in the last few minutes to preserve their point. It's not enough for us and defeat to Sours two days later pretty much seals relegation.

I'm convinced that Simon Tracey played as big a part in our relegation as Hughes' goal did! :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Edited by oafcprozac

Not having it. More like a very fussy ref and a few of our lads being big girls blouses.

E4e

FANIS

It was more niggly fouls than anything but it was persistent and bloody frustrating. Some refs would have let it go but Baines is an ex-pro so probably knew what the Mongs were up to better than most.

Really? Lol...took everything of the ball, legally, head on and was in complete control of the tackle. Which is the main part of the rule! Just he cleared the man out with it.

I'll have to see it again. But looked a definite booking at the time. If you take the ball but know your follow through will hurt the man then it can still be dangerous and deemed a foul

That black winger of theirs did some sort of judo throw on I think it was Sheehan ,

How 22 didnt get his marching orders I dont know , it was about his 7th fould until he got booked

Yes, the judo throw was on Sheehan in the second half by their number 10. I thought Sheehan was going to land somewhere in Tandle Hills!!

My son's first birthday 23rd October 1999. The day of the infamous twice taken pen. Gary Kelly had saved it, but Forrest Gump was penalised for the harshest of encroachments, it's buried and proves to be the winner. Ref that day was one Phil Joslin - a Uni mate of mine is dating his daughter. Can't wait to meet her and tell her, her dad's a tosser! :grin:

I thought the ref ordered the pen to be retaken because he deemed that Chaddy the Owl, who he then sent off, was distracting the taker.