Attendance study

I hope this link works ok, i've just stumbled across this interesting (if you're into this sort of thing), study on modelling and forecasting football attendances.

There are plenty of experts?!?!? on here - is this of any interest? and is it anyone you know?

Cheers

forecast attendances

Reason for edit; looks like i've made a town halls of the link...

Try this economics.ox.ac.uk/.../My_Work_files/OxonomicsPaper.pdf

or just type in, "oldhams average attendances on yahoo/google and it should lead you to it :D

Edited by futchers briefs

Why did't he just say.."Not many people go"

He is saying that what affects attendence demand is price, distance between the two team, form of the team, the option of doing other things cinema, pub watching other football teams, the strength of the opposition, if their is football on tv, if its a midweek game or a saturday game, if its a league or cup game.

Just he is writing it in fancy economist language with graphs, equations, and formulas.

BY ECK JAZZY WHAT ON EARTHS GOING ON YOU READING OXFORD GRADUATE PAPERS - I WILL HAVE TO HAVE WORDS AT ST HERBERTS TOMMORROW NIGHT AROUND 11 OR ARE YOU NOT GOING BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO WORK OUT YOUR ATTACKING FORMULAS FOR SATURDAY AFTERNOON - I NEVER REALISED PROMOTION WAS SUCH A COMPLICATED AFFAIR

:laught16:

That response has brought a tear to my eye the Earl...........Around 11 o clock it is this then..... back to back promotion hopefully :grin: Though i'm not sure how we can raise our attendances based on this...though the derby tomorrow might bring a few :wink: