Huddersfield Given All RRE

How can you hate Bury and Rochdale? Bury are a cute little club with invisible fans, and we haven't played Rochdale in a competitive game for more than 35 years.

Edit: We haven't played Rochdale in a competitive game for 35 years except for that fairly meaningless League Cup game recently.

I'd suspect being brought up in Rochdale helps on both those counts really.

As I said, to me they are amongst the 'bad' teams. For some reason Udders arent.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt worry too much if i was one of those thinking they were going to bring a massive support, fill the rocky road end and make a load of noise. 3000 would be a big improvement on what they normally bring (1000 and odd i think). If it means cost cutting for the club, however corrupt it may seem, as some suggest, coming from GMP then im all for it. Id imagine if there was a sudden surge of ticket demand from our lot and they hadnt been selling too many, maybe they might cut it back to the large end for Udders and small section for us. Not to sure if thats possible though.

Edited by Oafc88

I wouldnt worry too much if i was one of those thinking they were going to bring a massive support, fill the rocky road end and make a load of noise. 3000 would be a big improvement on what they normally bring (1000 and odd i think). If it means cost cutting for the club, however corrupt it may seem, as some suggest, coming from GMP then im all for it. Id imagine if there was a sudden surge of ticket demand from our lot and they hadnt been selling too many, maybe they might cut it back to the large end for Udders and small section for us. Not to sure if thats possible though.

To be fair, you are right. they have brought nowt other than in the cup game. We have taken twice as much to theirs.

I'd kind of wish it was the other way round.

Now is the time to finally change the home end..........We have maybe 2 seasons left at boundary park and judging by the last 2 home attendances where the Chaddy end has been almost empty I think we should change the RRE to the home end.

From where I'm sitting in the Chaddy, the RRE has been emptier.

From where I'm sitting in the Chaddy, the RRE has been emptier.

It really, really hasn't. Unless the top half of the Chaddy is absolutely packed full of course. From what we can see in the RRE, the bottom half of the Chaddy has about 6 people in it. I generally find the Chaddy is a good indication of the attendance, it seems to be the one that empties fastest when we are on a poor run. I haven't really noticed that much difference in attendance around me in the RRE, still seemd similar to normal, but it may be further along where there are missing fans.

It really, really hasn't. Unless the top half of the Chaddy is absolutely packed full of course. From what we can see in the RRE, the bottom half of the Chaddy has about 6 people in it. I generally find the Chaddy is a good indication of the attendance, it seems to be the one that empties fastest when we are on a poor run. I haven't really noticed that much difference in attendance around me in the RRE, still seemd similar to normal, but it may be further along where there are missing fans.

It is sooooo difficult to judge the attendance in your own stand!

I can tell there have been fewer in the seats nearest me (I'm Broadway side, half way up) but haven't really a clue about the rest of the Chaddy. However, looking across at the RRE, you could get everyone into I block... I'd guess it's down to half what it used to be.

At least there's still enough of you in I block to make a noise.

I moved from RRE to Chaddy last season - we were getting a bit bored of moving. I'd quite happily move back if we had the whole RRE and made the Chaddy the away end.

Didn't realise they had been given all RRE, what a load of :censored:! :ranting:

Seem to remember did this for Leeds last season and it was nowhere near full! Suppose will have to go in Chaddy but not happy bout it :ranting:

As been said by others on police advice game switched to Sunday then chance bit of banter in RRE and they say can't do that! :ranting:

It's a pain in the arse, and possibly unnecessary, but at least there's a good explanation for it on the OS. i think a lot of people were pissed off when Leeds were given the whole of the RRE because it looked like the club were inconveniencing their own season ticket holders to make a special effort to accomodate Leeds, when they gave us a bit of a crap allocation at elland road. At least they're making it clear that it's in the club's interests and it'll save them money.

Cool- my big point still stands. We are playing Hudders on a Sunday (which isn't going to increase the attendance) due to police advice and now the coppers say we are going to charge you more if you have a split RRE. Its corrupt- do Man Ure get charged more when they play Liverpool as opposed to Sunderland? Or how about when they have to give the oppositon more seats than the naff corner bit because its a cup game, or in Europe when you have to police some people for whom English is not the first language (and no I don't mean all the foreign plc fans). We have to play Leeds mid-week due to police advice- since the game apparently requires horses which are needed for either Manchester team (funny how Notlob, Wigwam and the Heywood derby (the biggest game for Bury and Rochdale) can play on a Saturday at the same time). I don't remember Manchester Citeh having to play Midweek because of police advice or Man United for that matter.

I'm sorry, but this is utter crap. Do Man Utd get charged more when they play Liverpool than Sunderland? Yes, of course they frigging do. Do Man Utd get charged more to police more away fans in the cup? Yes, of course they frigging do. Why can the teams you mention play on the same time as Utd on a saturday - well because they arent 5 miles down the road, and can ship in officers from other surrounding areas. Its not corrupt. Its fact. You could say why is the mini-derby being played at the same time, well even in a best case scenario there will only be 4-5k there, at Oldham V Hudds there will be the best part of double that. Hence prob twice the police.

Sensationalist rubbish... and the botttom line... all this happens as these clubs have far more money than us. You can ship in police from any region if you can pay for it. The big clubs do this without a batting of an eyelid (well - except that Wigan/bolton policicing cost rubbish). The difference is that they never bleat about the cost as they can afford it. We cant, simple as.

Get on with it and stop making things up. This is exactly the correct decisions for all the right reasons.

Oh, and as for Hudds away support... you have to remember what the sniff of success does to travelling fans. They took 2k to southend - southend!!! The 'udders fans are far more up for this season, they will bring 2000 easy....

Now is the time to finally change the home end..........We have maybe 2 seasons left at boundary park and judging by the last 2 home attendances where the Chaddy end has been almost empty I think we should change the RRE to the home end.

The small portion could be the new family stand and with the main stand capacity at 2450 would give home fans a capacity of just over 7000 which should be OK if we stay in this division next season.

The Chaddy capacity of 3750 would be enough for the big games like Leeds and Hudds and a greater concentration of Latics fans in the RRE would make for a much better match atmosphere!!!!

Totally agree!

You get the stubborn ones who want to stay but tough :censored:, it does make sence and would create a much better atmosphere , as the acoustics from the rre are twice that of the chaddy.

I'v been in the chaddy and thought it was noisy then talking to away fans after and they say they could hardly hear us, its crap always has been , its our worst stand view wise aswell , so why not???

but if (wich they wont) hudds were to fill the rre then there would prob be the same if not more hudds fans than latics, If the club are happy with that then they dont understand football as a game. its all just £££££££££££££££££££. They forget there is pride and emotion involved.

It would feel like a home game for them , they would drown us out cos the chaddy roof would keep our noise in , the udds players would have a massive lift and we would loose , bit like blackpool in that playoff game!

Lemars agree totally, Latics use the police excuse everytime it's all about £ £ £!!

You want a good atmosphere to help cheer the boys to victory we shouldn't be being moved from the stand with the best acoustics. I bet there's more season ticket holders in RRE then Chaddy, we should think of our own fans for once!!

but if (wich they wont) hudds were to fill the rre then there would prob be the same if not more hudds fans than latics, If the club are happy with that then they dont understand football as a game. its all just £££££££££££££££££££. They forget there is pride and emotion involved.

It would feel like a home game for them , they would drown us out cos the chaddy roof would keep our noise in , the udds players would have a massive lift and we would loose , bit like blackpool in that playoff game!

What I feel is that there's a lack of thinking outside the box, the reason why there was a risk of having Leeds fans in our end last season is because of Ken Bates charging fans for the away membership scheme and hence we had fans in the home ends. Last season Huddersfield had a massive support at home and away games (as lots of people came out the woodwork thanks to Dean Hoyles money) but could only bring 1500, thats less than half the capacity of the Chaddy, the Rocky Road End makes far more noise than the Chaddy with just one section of fans singing, at Blackpool they put away fans in the open stand and moved home fans into what is traditionally the away end

:petesake:

Just brilliant. Yeah. Lets cost the club some vital cash, purely cos our town is crap and cant be arsed to support our club.

Typical arse about face logic. If 'udders want to fill the end good on 'em. You seem to forget we always take a shed load to their place and outsing their fans too. The players still have to do it on the pitch.

We have had this debate to death, but unfortunately football is a business. If you still think its just a game you might aswell just go and support your local U-12s side.

While I don't agree with the club/police on this I think that attitude stinks. Not personal. Just a view.

Trust me I don't want to be like this, I love the club, but I was told yesterday that because I'm a student over the age of 21 I have to pay full price to go and before anyone get's on their high horse "tax dodger bla bla bla" I'm doing quite an intense course I can't get a season ticket as on most Tuesdays my Tutorials don't finish until 6pm at night and I'm in Sheffield, and I only have a limited amount of money to live off so basically I feel as though my own club has alienated me, I recall back in pre-season the suggestion of a "super 10" thing like Stockport had came up, lots of people seemed in favour of it as it, but it was overlooked, I'm not one of TTA, surely the cost of such a thing wont be too much if a club like Stockport with all their financial troubles can do it

Trust me I don't want to be like this, I love the club, but I was told yesterday that because I'm a student over the age of 21 I have to pay full price to go and before anyone get's on their high horse "tax dodger bla bla bla" I'm doing quite an intense course I can't get a season ticket as on most Tuesdays my Tutorials don't finish until 6pm at night and I'm in Sheffield, and I only have a limited amount of money to live off so basically I feel as though my own club has alienated me, I recall back in pre-season the suggestion of a "super 10" thing like Stockport had came up, lots of people seemed in favour of it as it, but it was overlooked, I'm not one of TTA, surely the cost of such a thing wont be too much if a club like Stockport with all their financial troubles can do it

Fair dos.

:petesake:

Just brilliant. Yeah. Lets cost the club some vital cash, purely cos our town is crap and cant be arsed to support our club.

Typical arse about face logic. If 'udders want to fill the end good on 'em. You seem to forget we always take a shed load to their place and outsing their fans too. The players still have to do it on the pitch.

We have had this debate to death, but unfortunately football is a business. If you still think its just a game you might aswell just go and support your local U-12s side.

Finally we get to the right answer it is all to do with the size of our own support if we were averaging as little 7000 at home then we would get the small section of the RRE mimimum we don't and to avoid the risk of a club bringing big support and selling out early and theirfore having potentially huddersfield fans in the home sections and increasing the likelyhood of trouble theirfore bigger police costs (and we all saw what happened at edgley park last season) the club have made the right decision. I have no sympathy whatsoever for any RRE season ticket holders bitching about this you all knew about this before the season began and before last season began get over it!