Real Ale Weekend in Norwich

Sav came up with an interesting idea (the other day, whilst we were both tatered - so it's more "intersting" than "good") of dedicating the Latics weekend in Norwich with real ales and cider. All weekend. I told him that I'd be up for it and perhaps it would be great if we could rope in some other fans who'd also like to have a mooch around the pubs and take it easy while we're down there.

What? There's a football match on too?

Anybody with any ideas or pubs to go post up.

Cheers...

Sav came up with an interesting idea (the other day, whilst we were both tatered - so it's more "intersting" than "good") of dedicating the Latics weekend in Norwich with real ales and cider. All weekend. I told him that I'd be up for it and perhaps it would be great if we could rope in some other fans who'd also like to have a mooch around the pubs and take it easy while we're down there.

What? There's a football match on too?

Anybody with any ideas or pubs to go post up.

Cheers...

Did i.... :dntknw: but i will take credit for anything,beer orientated

driving down to cambridge friday afternoon/evening, then on to norwich next morning.

going with mike/takemeanywhere, mark from the trust ...we'll have to meet up for a few!

there are some real quality traditional pubs to be found in the villages on the way to norwich, so plan a few stop offs on the way there.

I'll be mostly here:

Ketts Tavern

29 Ketts Hill Norwich

NR1 4EX

telephone 01603 628520

CAMRA Branch: Norwich & Norfolk

Regular Beers: Blackfriars Mitre Gold H Norfolk Square Winklepicker H Norfolk Square Sunshine H Tipple lady Evelyn H Woodforde's Wherry H Woodforde's Nelson's Revenge H

Guest Ales: guest or seasonal beers

I'll be mostly here:

Ketts Tavern

29 Ketts Hill Norwich

NR1 4EX

telephone 01603 628520

CAMRA Branch: Norwich & Norfolk

Regular Beers: Blackfriars Mitre Gold H Norfolk Square Winklepicker H Norfolk Square Sunshine H Tipple lady Evelyn H Woodforde's Wherry H Woodforde's Nelson's Revenge H

Guest Ales: guest or seasonal beers

Sounds great. I'm well up for this real ale weekend...

Sounds great. I'm well up for this real ale weekend...

Okay, that's cool. I'll try and keep this thread up and running until we get our plans sorted - so in the meantime, post up the boozers.

Me and Sav will be there from early Friday...

if you want to see me with tears in my eyes, do a 5 minute detour on the way to norwich from cambridge on the A11 at thetford...love to have another peek at my old RAF station...sniff :cry:

If I want to see you with tears in your eyes, I'll just let one rip in the car on the Saturday morning after a night on the ale in Cambridge :grin:

we are on a long weekender...friday night in cambridge, sat and sun in norwich..

also, the best nightlife to have is the waterfront club..indie,alternative etc etc

http://www.waterfrontnorwich.com/site.html

Spendid.

So we know there's the inevitabe sh*t indie club to keep the kids entertained whilst us grown ups enjoy a proper beer or several.

May I recommend the Belgian Monk for those intent on getting properly battered...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/11/...an_Monk/Norwich

And the new Travelodge might be open now - in the middle of dodgy student bar/kebab land but better than next to the bus station!

there is a real turkish kebab shop on that road, i would definitely recommend it..it was the best one i've had for years.

aye, that road reminded me of yorkshire st...just full of crap bars and a takeaway every other shop, but the turkish one is a real standout.

get into the old town part of the city and there are great pubs there to be found...but be prepared to get lost...its a maze, and when adding beer, thats a huge mistake!

there is a real turkish kebab shop on that road, i would definitely recommend it..it was the best one i've had for years.

aye, that road reminded me of yorkshire st...just full of crap bars and a takeaway every other shop, but the turkish one is a real standout.

Yep. There's actually a very decent Indian restaurant up there too - and negotiating throngs of p*ssed up scantily clad students is no great hardship... :wink:

get into the old town part of the city and there are great pubs there to be found...but be prepared to get lost...its a maze, and when adding beer, thats a huge mistake!

Yep, some great finds, and some fecking long walks! :lol:

Spendid.

So we know there's the inevitabe sh*t indie club to keep the kids entertained whilst us grown ups enjoy a proper beer or several.

May I recommend the Belgian Monk for those intent on getting properly battered...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/11/...an_Monk/Norwich

And the new Travelodge might be open now - in the middle of dodgy student bar/kebab land but better than next to the bus station!

The new Travelodge opens on the Thursday,as we arrive on the friday,according to the website

The new Travelodge opens on the Thursday,as we arrive on the friday,according to the website

Just booked the Travel Inn, a bit pricey - but payback time with the all you can eat breakfast. The one in Eastbourne is still recovering from my Brighton trip 2 1/2 years ago. The weekend's doubling up as a bit of a birthday weekend for the wife, so we'll have my little girl with us and why we're at the game the wife can potter round the Christmas markets that are conveniently on with Mrs. SCOUSELATIC.