Alan Hardy

Firstly this thread is an appreciation thread so no bad comments please...you can make them elsewhere

Alan, thank you for all the effort you have put into OUR club, yes you have made mistakes, that shows that you are a human being. i have been part of this club for as long as you have and have seen how much work you and other members of staff put in, sometimes flogging a dead horse. I believe your heart and soul is with this club, as is mine...it is beyond belief how people can doubt that. Alan keep up the good work, you are truelly an ambassador for Oldham Athletic, and that sir is not a bad thing........God bless ya, and all that sails in her..........JACKO

i don't understand why some people don't like alan hardy ? he has been a loyal sevent of the club for nearly 30years now he even was one of the few was going down the chris :censored: moore office to try to get him to sell the club and help save the club , i have known alan since the day he started at boundary park with mike twiss in april 81.. alan has always found time to help fans and even me on the phone etc . alan is much a part of latics as the chaddy end and all the loyal fans :imnotworthy: i hope alan contiues to do what he does best for the clubwhich is only for the good of the club and its fans for another 20+years ,alan is the heart of oldham athletic

Firstly this thread is an appreciation thread so no bad comments please...you can make them elsewhere

Alan, thank you for all the effort you have put into OUR club, yes you have made mistakes, that shows that you are a human being. i have been part of this club for as long as you have and have seen how much work you and other members of staff put in, sometimes flogging a dead horse. I believe your heart and soul is with this club, as is mine...it is beyond belief how people can doubt that. Alan keep up the good work, you are truelly an ambassador for Oldham Athletic, and that sir is not a bad thing........God bless ya, and all that sails in her..........JACKO

well said jacko

I've posted before about some issues I've had with Alan Hardy over the years, particularly during the 'pinch me' years. But over time, my views have mellowed and I completley made peace with him after a brief chat at the planning meeting a while back. Make no mistake, Alan Hardy is as much die hard Latics as anyone of us!!!!

I emailed Alan one night about some ideas regarding a new stadium; he replied before 8:30am the following day!

Alan, you'll do for me :chubb:

Every club needs an Alan.

The place really would completely fall apart without him.

I agree...every club does need an Alan... Takes the time to reply to fan emails... Takes the time to understand and acknowledge the fans... (unlike someone who is meant to be representing us)...

Edited by oafc0000

Every club needs an Alan.

The place really would completely fall apart without him.

Is that like the Black Tower crumbling when Sauron's power was destroyed?

Speaking to people who have (very) long-standing greivances against Alan, I think he probably did piss some people off back in the day, but the whole world of football (and business) was different back then. Also remember that he was in a less influential position back then so he would have been following the party line to a fair degree. I can only speak as I find and he's been absolutely spot on in any dealings I've had with him, which have all been in the last 5 years or so. Not wishing to divert the thread but he is IMO the key best man in the boardroom for those of us who want the long term future of the club to be looked after in all the current change.

Is that like the Black Tower crumbling when Sauron's power was destroyed?

Speaking to people who have (very) long-standing greivances against Alan, I think he probably did piss some people off back in the day, but the whole world of football (and business) was different back then. Also remember that he was in a less influential position back then so he would have been following the party line to a fair degree. I can only speak as I find and he's been absolutely spot on in any dealings I've had with him, which have all been in the last 5 years or so. Not wishing to divert the thread but he is IMO the key best man in the boardroom for those of us who want the long term future of the club to be looked after in all the current change.

I trust Alan more than anyone in that board room...

Me too, I he is an approachable executive that has made many telling contributions to past succeses as well as the survival of this club.

Could you imagine David Gill responding to individual fans with the professional yet personal touch that Alan does?

A true Latics stalwart

Agreed with EASTLEY. Has always been prompt, polite and helpful when I've had cause to contact the club.

I too have had some dealings, albeit minor than most, and have always been very happy someone in his postion would take the time, or at least pass it on to someone who should be dealing with it.

I too have had some dealings, albeit minor than most, and have always been very happy someone in his postion would take the time, or at least pass it on to someone who should be dealing with it.

Same as you singe, no problems with the minor issues I have contacted him over, more suprised to be honest to receive a response, like Eastley said earlier in the thread, Gill- no!

Edited by tangerinedreams