FA Cup Draw - At home to Leeds

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think ill be going. Went to Cheltenham away last year, but missed the home replay, will probably do the same again if we get a draw, can't be bothered forking out for a boring home tie.

As for getting on tele, i'd be very very pleasently albeit surprised if we got on. Don't think they'll want to put Leeds on again, and especially in an all league 1 tie, although they could view it as 2 vetran premier league warhorses :rolleyes:

Don't think ill be going. Went to Cheltenham away last year, but missed the home replay, will probably do the same again if we get a draw, can't be bothered forking out for a boring home tie.

As for getting on tele, i'd be very very pleasently albeit surprised if we got on. Don't think they'll want to put Leeds on again, and especially in an all league 1 tie, although they could view it as 2 vetran premier league warhorses :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if we aren't on telly, just due to it being Leeds, and the viewing figures involved.

As for the 'boring home tie', you are skin lidding me? It's Leeds. It is the best tie in the hat.

I'd be surprised if we aren't on telly, just due to it being Leeds, and the viewing figures involved.

As for the 'boring home tie', you are skin lidding me? It's Leeds. It is the best tie in the hat.

But i can't see them showing Leeds again after last year and the all the other cups, hope im wrong but i cant see it. And no im not, we've played them 4 times already, will play them again twice, within a month of the cup game, nothing special.

please be on the Friday or Saturday :pray:

It says all ties to be played on 7th / 8th November.

This suggests 2 live TV games - Saturday lunchtime or Sunday afternoon.

Quite happy for somebody to correct me on that though.

But i can't see them showing Leeds again after last year and the all the other cups, hope im wrong but i cant see it. And no im not, we've played them 4 times already, will play them again twice, within a month of the cup game, nothing special.

Which game will attract the most viewers and, as a result, the bigger demand from advertisers?

Money talks for ITV, who need every penny.

This game will be on telly.

Edited by opinions4u

I guess we'll see with the live TV game. I just think they'll go with veiwing figures rather than goodness of the tie.

Playing Leeds is well exciting. The chance to do them over gets my juices going. I can't think of a better tie myself. Well away, maybe for financial reasons.

I guess we'll see with the live TV game. I just think they'll go with veiwing figures rather than goodness of the tie.

Playing Leeds is well exciting. The chance to do them over gets my juices going. I can't think of a better tie myself. Well away, maybe for financial reasons.

if we get the tv then maybe that would make up for it. im still unsure though because the other 'big' clubs in league one are away to non league so they might go for that.

i agree with opinions4u, when you say its about the money. more viewers for itv and with norwich/charlton, youre most likely to see a mauling

Wonder if they'll move it anyway, all 3 league games have been moved because of the police to tuesday nights, well requested we played them on a tuesday night, so i don't see why this is different, bar it being the cup obviously .....

Friday Night, Tuesday Night. Its all much the same.

Wont be on the Saturday if police get involved!

It says all ties to be played on 7th / 8th November.

This suggests 2 live TV games - Saturday lunchtime or Sunday afternoon.

Quite happy for somebody to correct me on that though.

oh yeah 7th or 8th, Saturday will do me fine then

if its Sunday then ill be watching it in a pub (if its on TV) in my new home town of Barnsley (bound to be a few Leeds fans living in Barnsley) :nnnng:

Correct - my money's on Sunday. United are away that day

BUT,they are playing Chelski,so an first round F.A cup tie (against the greatest team in the world) wouldn't attract the floating fans with the Mancs on telly............Monday night anybody???

The police requested specifally for Oldham Leeds to be on a week night every season, not just coincidence we've had them on 3 tuesday nights, as i said before can't see why they will allow this to be a 3pm Saturday or Sunday yet not allow the league games to be on a weekend. Friday night?

The police requested specifally for Oldham Leeds to be on a week night every season, not just coincidence we've had them on 3 tuesday nights, as i said before can't see why they will allow this to be a 3pm Saturday or Sunday yet not allow the league games to be on a weekend. Friday night?

it goes back to the violence at the Latics v Leeds match in Feb '92 - the last time we beat them at BP in a competitive game.

BUT

86-87 Saturday (not sure of ko time but it was the day after Boxing Day) and lunch-time Sunday

87-88 midweek

88-89 Saturday 3pm

89-90 Good Friday, lunch-time

91-92 Saturday 3pm

92-93 midweek

93-94 Monday Night live on Sky, scheduled for the midweek

07-08 Midweek

08-09 Monday Night live on Sky (but had been scheduled for the Tuesday neet)

09-10 League - Tuesday night

not a coincidence imo out of eleven games spanning 23 years I can remember only two DEFINITELY kicking off at 3pm at BP and the last five have all been midweek. Nailed on Friday night or Sunday lunch-time, Saturday lunch-time/tea-time would be carnage imo...

Edited by oafcprozac