Calling OAFC Nerds!

Just wondering what our exact record against Leeds Utd in all comps was like over the last 20 years. From what I can remember from videos etc it seems pretty strong.

I'm sure someone will come up with an answer from their heads, but if there's any online sources I could check on?

Cheers boys... and the occassional girl x

Just wondering what our exact record against Leeds Utd in all comps was like over the last 20 years. From what I can remember from videos etc it seems pretty strong.

I'm sure someone will come up with an answer from their heads, but if there's any online sources I could check on?

From 86-87 all comps inc FA CUP, Littlewoods Cup, Play offs, old div 2, old div 1, Prem and League One

P27 W11 D8 L8 F39 A34

Forgot about the league cup match in 2005

Edited by oafcprozac

Okay, that was 13 minutes.

What's Latics record against Shrewsbury Town for the seasons from 1970/1 to 1989/90 ?

The clock's ticking!

not a clue, I only go back to 86/87!

But from 86/87 it is

P3 D2 L1 F11 A6

The 2-0 defeat at Gay Meadow in May '87 cost us a final day chance of automatic...

2-0 down at Gay Meadow at half-time in October 1987 - Roger Palmer scoring a second-half hat-trick to secure an unlikely win...

and the two games in 88-89 were both played on Friday nights...

Edited by oafcprozac

From 86-87 all comps inc FA CUP, Littlewoods Cup, Play offs, old div 2, old div 1, Prem and League One

P26 W11 D8 L7

OK so of these games which was your favourite?

Definately NEITHER of the of Play Off matches but the Littlewoods cup victory on our way to Wembley

Surely you've heard of soccerbase?

If not www.soccerbase.com

Search head to heads of teams ....

yep, but i don't need soccerbase - anything post '86 all in my head...that's why i can't recall the earlier Shrewsbury results, I could have looked on Soccerbase but that would've been cheating and anyway they don't give you the day (only the date) the game was played or the scorers from anything so far back.

Edited by oafcprozac

yep, but i don't need soccerbase - anything post '86 all in my head...that's why i can't recall the earlier Shrewsbury results, I could have looked on Soccerbase but that would've been cheating and anyway they don't give you the day (only the date) the game was played or the scorers from anything so far back.

Quality site. Cheers pal.

:grin:

Tbh, it wasn't a quiz question. I just wanted to get the record to settle an argument.

2008/2009

Football League One Oldham Athletic 1-1 Leeds United 02-03-2009

Football League One Leeds United 0-2 Oldham Athletic 16-08-2008

2007/2008

Football League One Leeds United 1-3 Oldham Athletic 01-01-2008

Football League One Oldham Athletic 0-1 Leeds United 02-10-2007

2005/2006

English League Cup Leeds United 2-0 Oldham Athletic 23-08-2005

1994/1995

English FA Cup Leeds United 3-2 Oldham Athletic 28-01-1995

1993/1994

English Premier Oldham Athletic 1-1 Leeds United 28-02-1994

English Premier Leeds United 1-0 Oldham Athletic 30-08-1993

1992/1993

English Premier Leeds United 2-0 Oldham Athletic 13-02-1993

English Premier Oldham Athletic 2-2 Leeds United 01-09-1992

1991/1992

English Division 1 (old) Oldham Athletic 2-0 Leeds United 08-02-1992

English Division 1 (old) Leeds United 1-0 Oldham Athletic 26-10-1991

1990/1991

English League Cup Leeds United 2-0 Oldham Athletic 31-10-1990

1989/1990

English Division 2 (old) Oldham Athletic 3-1 Leeds United 13-04-1990

English Division 2 (old) Leeds United 1-1 Oldham Athletic 01-01-1990

English League Cup Leeds United 1-2 Oldham Athletic 03-10-1989

English League Cup Oldham Athletic 2-1 Leeds United 19-09-1989

P 17 W6 D5 L6

as a fully fledged nerd ..and a fan of over thirty years ..one reply wash your mouth out with soap and water young man....in iraq

smelly shoes are rammed down your gob for gobby folk like yourself..remember people like me made you :grin:

4-2 littlewoods cup replay november '87 - Tommy Wright wonder goal...on Sportsnight

I was captured on celluloid that night at a Latics corner at The Chaddy!! It was also memorable for me and my mates taunting the Leeds fans as we were stood at the bus stop on Broadway....... that was until the coach stopped in traffic and we legged it. Happy days :grin:

OK so of these games which was your favourite?

Definately NEITHER of the of Play Off matches but the Littlewoods cup victory on our way to Wembley

That was the ONLY Littlewoods cup match I missed that season due to being on a work course in ***ing London.

Think my favourite was the 2-0 win at home in the old Div One where a certain French agent-provocateur made his English debut and for some reason I think "Puddin on A Muffin" scored for us (maybe twice?)

i remember that we played leeds scum in the leaque cup on 28-10-1987 and we drew 2-2 ,but carn;t remember who scored and after the match i got jumped by leeds scum who broke my nose, teeth and cheek bone ,i was in hospital for a week ,because of the f :censored: animals

Edited by boboafc

That was the ONLY Littlewoods cup match I missed that season due to being on a work course in ***ing London.

Think my favourite was the 2-0 win at home in the old Div One where a certain French agent-provocateur made his English debut and for some reason I think "Puddin on A Muffin" scored for us (maybe twice?)

Haha, good shout! I remember all the photographers were camped out at the Latics goal as the story was gonna be Cantona scoring...... I can remember us all laughing and shouting abuse at them as the goals were going in at the other end :lol: