Football Manager 2010

Rocky_Latic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably a graphics card or RAM issue. What's your spec?

It's: Intel Pentium 940 (3.2GHz, 2*2MB, FSB800)

2GB DDR2 (400Mhz)

300GB HDD (SATA 2, 7200rpm)

16x DVD R/RW DL

TV Tuner/WLAN (802.11b/g)

If you can decipher all that you're a better man than me..

Runs on MT2600 Windows XP..

• 2 weeks later...

Just started my third season as Oldham on FM10

First season finished 8th, signed Willy Topp on free as others mentioned got 22 goals in 41 for me

Second season finished 11th star player being Chris Clements who I managed to get on a free, closely followed by Rhys Taylor who I also managed to get on a free.

Third season isnt going well after 3 games, 2 draws and 1 loss, Had to sell players as I had a shrunken wage budget putting me over £10,000 over budget and no transfer budget, sold Furman for 1mil and taylor for 1.5mil both had 20% sell on clause as well which has given me a reasonable transfer budget of £450,000.

Just struggling to find the quality of player i would like to spend it on, any tips would be much appreciated

Just started my third season as Oldham on FM10

First season finished 8th, signed Willy Topp on free as others mentioned got 22 goals in 41 for me

Second season finished 11th star player being Chris Clements who I managed to get on a free, closely followed by Rhys Taylor who I also managed to get on a free.

Third season isnt going well after 3 games, 2 draws and 1 loss, Had to sell players as I had a shrunken wage budget putting me over £10,000 over budget and no transfer budget, sold Furman for 1mil and taylor for 1.5mil both had 20% sell on clause as well which has given me a reasonable transfer budget of £450,000.

Just struggling to find the quality of player i would like to spend it on, any tips would be much appreciated

I also started a game with Oldham last week.

Finished as Champions in first season (after being in a similar position to where we are now after 20 games, so there is hope! :wink: ). Only people who have stayed in my squad for second season is Abbott, Furman and Taylor. Gutted to have missed out on Chris Killen on a free (he went swindon, would have been good back up!). A few good freebies I managed to sign throughout (I signed some hot prospects for the reserves who are developing, but these are just first teamers)..

- Pele - Cape Verdes international - DC

- Michael Mifsud - ST

- Andrea Orlandi (Loan) - ML

- Daniel Jones (Loan)

- Febian Brandy (Loan) ST

- Ben Mee - (Loan) - DL

When I got into the Championship, I then signed the following on free...

- Carlo Nash - GK

- Brynjar Gunnarson - MC

- Salomon Olembe - ML

- Hector - DL

- Kristian Onstad - DC

- Roberto Platero - ST

- Emmanuel Sarki - DR

Played as Middlesborough

Signed

Milan Smiljanić - Espanyol - £650k

Fabio - Man U - Season long loan

James Vaughan - Everton - Season long loan

Fran Merida - Arsenal - Season long loan

Won the league by a point to Newcastle, Ipswich went up in the play offs.

Signed

Royston Drenthe - Real Madrid - £1.6m

Abou diaby - Arsenal - £3m

Mantorras - Benfica - £600k

Shane Brazil - A regen from somewhere in Ireland who was going to be an under 18's player

With only those signings I finished 13th and made the FA cup semi final.

In the Jan I sold Marvin Emnes for £8m to everton and that summer sold Milan Smiljanić to West Brom for £4.5m replaced them with:

Sébastien Squillaci for £2.5m,

Kasper Schemichel £1m and

Fabien Caicedo £5.2m

I lost my first 6 games and was sacked. No warning - just the boot!!! Whats more annoying they replaced me with Gareth Southgate

Edited by pukka

Kudos for the promotion, Im really struggling in my third season, although I did discover the option to buy out the clause on Micah Richards for something like 2.5milllion which has given me the wage and transfer budget to play with, figured it was worth the risk of cashing in when his valuation on the game is so low, no doubt he will get sold in the next window for something stupidly high though :blush:

Kudos for the promotion, Im really struggling in my third season, although I did discover the option to buy out the clause on Micah Richards for something like 2.5milllion which has given me the wage and transfer budget to play with, figured it was worth the risk of cashing in when his valuation on the game is so low, no doubt he will get sold in the next window for something stupidly high though :blush:

How'd you manage that?

EDIT: Just found it. Cheers, might initiate that in my game! :)

I also started a game with Oldham last week.

Finished as Champions in first season (after being in a similar position to where we are now after 20 games, so there is hope! :wink: ). Only people who have stayed in my squad for second season is Abbott, Furman and Taylor. Gutted to have missed out on Chris Killen on a free (he went swindon, would have been good back up!). A few good freebies I managed to sign throughout (I signed some hot prospects for the reserves who are developing, but these are just first teamers)..

- Pele - Cape Verdes international - DC

- Michael Mifsud - ST

- Andrea Orlandi (Loan) - ML

- Daniel Jones (Loan)

- Febian Brandy (Loan) ST

- Ben Mee - (Loan) - DL

When I got into the Championship, I then signed the following on free...

- Carlo Nash - GK

- Brynjar Gunnarson - MC

- Salomon Olembe - ML

- Hector - DL

- Kristian Onstad - DC

- Roberto Platero - ST

- Emmanuel Sarki - DR

Yeah, I signed Pele, Mifsud, Brandy and Sarki as well!

Yeah, I signed Pele, Mifsud, Brandy and Sarki as well!

Pele has been excellent, and Sarki and Olembe are excellent as they are young, have pace, and can play on wing too. Think I have more than enough to avoid relegation, which was my aim to the board.

Also, its good now I know how to cash in on my Clause with Micah Richards. Might come useful in the January Transfer window :)

• 2 months later...

Pele has been excellent for me. Topp and Mifsud very inconsistent. Jose Baxter on loan from Everton is one of my best signings to date; also snapped up a few promising youngsters (Grimaudo, Pulido, Maniesa). Not an easy game to keep winning at, though!

Pele has been excellent for me. Topp and Mifsud very inconsistent. Jose Baxter on loan from Everton is one of my best signings to date; also snapped up a few promising youngsters (Grimaudo, Pulido, Maniesa). Not an easy game to keep winning at, though!

Mifsud was excellent in my Oldham game. Helped me gain promotion in the first season, but he went off the boil when I was in the Championship.

• 3 weeks later...
He's crocked for me now. Relying on Topp up front, Chris James (ex-Fulham) behind, Furman and :censored: in central midfield. Having a few injury problems at the moment...!

1 season as Latics and signed on free's:

Maurice Ross

Pele

Vlatislav Gresko (!!)

Just blagged Mark Howard from Brondby on loan; class young CB and Andreas Laudrup from AaB on loan; LM / LW and he's mint too. I'm 8th with 10 games to go.....

How's this Micah buy-out work then guys?????

I'm playing as a different club at a moment (non-league) but have found some class players who might be able to make the step up as cheap signings — check out Marcel Kleizen (Dutch striker), Milan Pacanda (prolific, if past it, striker), John Cunliffe (US striker), Maxime Chanot (right full back), Matt Watson (US defensive midfielder), Jonathan Hogg (Villa midfielder, usually gets released early on), Callum Little (midfielder) and Tamas Udvari (centre back).

Don't know if League One is a stretch to far for them, but try scouting them.

Edited by Crusoe

I'm in 2019 and just won the domestic double (Carling Cup and F.A Cup) and scraped a 6th place finish with Notts Forest.

First season with Latics JPT winners and runners up to Brighton

Sold - Hazel 95k, Smalley 475k, Whittaker 60k, Lewi 40k, Brooke 50k, Worthington 40k (returned all loans accept :censored:)

Signed - J Sutton free 27goals

N Mellor 90k 23goals

N Tyson 280k 22 goals

T Heaton free (Utd Keeper)

January Window C Evans, R De Laat, S Hewson, F Brandy free's from Man Utd

loans signed M Hill (Wolves) season loan

V Weiss Season loan

Smalling (Fulham) season loan

QUOTE (Dayron @ Dec 8 2009, 21:16 PM)

Kudos for the promotion, Im really struggling in my third season, although I did discover the option to buy out the clause on Micah Richards for something like 2.5milllion which has given me the wage and transfer budget to play with, figured it was worth the risk of cashing in when his valuation on the game is so low, no doubt he will get sold in the next window for something stupidly high though

How'd you manage that?

EDIT: Just found it. Cheers, might initiate that in my game! :)

How do you get the buy out the clause?

Cheers

Just started a new season with Latics and im in second after about 20 games or so. Pretty amazing really as i've no money and relied on loan signings.

Brandy has been excellent.

Nardiello has been good as back up too.

Really good CB or DM is Corey Evans who i got on loan from Utd.

Apart from that it's the normal Latics squad which is doing the stuff.

If you want a good freekick taker then Paul Wotton is usually available on a free.

I'm at end of Feb in 1st season. Sold the Richards sell-on clause for £2.5m to get some cash. I'm currently in 5th, scoring for fun and conceeding few. Only problem is that I seem to lose random games. I don't quite get why I lose but when I do its always an embarassing performance where 2 players bring down the whole team.

Signed:

Heaton (United) Loan for season

Butterfield (Palace) £45k

Friend (Wolves) Loan for 3 months then signed for £190k

Clark (Villa) £95k

Cathcart (United) Loan for season

Morris (scunthorpe) - £12k

Douala - free

Job - free

Payner (Swindon) £165k

Bauza (Swansea) loan for season

Sold:

Smalley - £175k

Hazell - £14k

Brill - £90k

Alexandra - £45k

I should hopefully get in playoffs if i continue this way!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just started an Oldham one myself. Few teething problems to start with after a radical overhaul of the squad.

Immediately cashed in on the Micah Richards sell-on clause and bagged myself £2.93m which set me up very nicely.

Players in:

Fran Merida (Arsenal) £1m

Ben Alnwick (Spurs) 475K

Nathan Tyson (Forest) 300K

Andrea Orlandi (Swansea) 240K

Vratislav Gresko (Free)

Michael Mifsud (Free)

Joseph-Desire Job (Free)

Ritchie De Laet (Man U) Loan

Corry Evans (Man U) Loan

Nacer Barazite (Arsenal) Loan

Not sold anyone yet so got quite an in depth squad. Good team of reserves and under 18's.

Games so far:

Oldham 0-0 Stockport

Oldham 3-0 Darlington (League Cup R1)

Leyton Orient 1-0 Oldham

Millwall 0-1 Oldham

Oldham 4-1 Swindon

I've got Spurs at home in the 2nd round so hopefully some revenue to be brought in. Here's to a successful season....hopefully!!!

Just bagged Matt Holland on a free aswell as DM cover. Just toying with the idea of putting Corry Evans at CB alongside Rubes or Greegs, not decided yet though. Mifsud and Tyson have started to form a decent partnership now and after just destroying Yeovil at BP things are hopefully picking up.

Oldham 2-3e Tottenham (League Cup R2)

Brentford 1-1 Oldham

Oldham 0-1 Huddersfield (JPT R1)

Bristol Rovers 1-4 Oldham

Oldham 1-1 Hartlepool

Oldham 1-1 Carlisle

Southend 1-3 Oldham

Oldham 2-3 MK Dons

Oldham 6-1 Yeovil

Mifsud 13 (8)

Tyson 14 (8)

Also as a bonus, Man City being my parent club have just offered me John Fleck for the season!!