Englands Englands Number One

I wish people would slack the criticism on his part. He's kept 5 clean sheets in his last 8, on course to break the club record. He's concded 5 goals in 8 games.

We have the 5th best defensive record in the league.

Maybe people need to start looking at the people in front of him, in the midfield and up front, thats where we are going wrong, not score 3 or more in a game all season and only f*cking Tranmere have scored less than us. If we started scoring we'd be in the top 6, all is well at the back and with Brill.

He's doing his job well, get off his back, and address the real problem.

Maybe not Englands Number one, but defiently Oldhams number one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people would slack the criticism on his part. He's kept 5 clean sheets in his last 8, on course to break the club record. He's concded 5 goals in 8 games.

Maybe people need to start looking at the people in front of him, in the midfield and up front, thats where we are going wrong, not score 3 or more in a game all season and only f*cking Tranmere have scored less than us. If we started scoring we'd be in the top 6, all is well at the back and with Brill.

That’s the most obvious fishing comment I have ever seen! :lol:

But go on I will bite, ...... YOUR TALKING ABSOLUTE TOSH! DEAN BRILL IS A POOR KEEPER FACT! Luton fans didnt rate him and they were in the 4th DIV!

defiently is not a word but I think you mean defiantly, and I agree with you on that! :grin:

dont no if your fishing or not but i agree. hes an easy target so like everythin else our fans take the lazy option of blaming brill. the problem is the lack of goals we score abbot cant do it all on his own but he seems to be the only one chipping in at the mo. think parker needs to go out on left wing til taylor gets back similar to his role at blackpool and let blackman play up alongside abot give him someone to work with. and with parker and smalley on either side they shud get plenty of support

So you're saying he wasn't at fault for the goal?

Explain to me how he was? Everyone was expecting the right footer to swing it in and then the left footer hits it in at the near post. Did you know that was coming? No and neither did anyone else. Dean Brill cant cover both posts and come to think of it neither can any keeper. What was he supposed to do? If you put a player on the post the first thing the attacking team do is stick 2 players infront of the keeper. Funny how when we concede every latics fan is suddenly a goal keeping coach. He was not at fault for that goal.

Edited by OAFC_ULTRA

I was wondering how long it would take BeckfordsRighFoot to jump on and wind everyone up before he sits back to watch his work.

Im getting fed up of people blaming Brill for every goal we concede. I freely admit he as dropped a couple (or good few) clangers and hasnt been the best, yet i dont feel he were at fault for todays goal. I were behind the free kick taker in the mian stand upper and the angle i saw it went in at, it just went in at the near post. Cracking free kick, top flight keepers would have struggled to save that.

Tosh

The four (three ST holders) Luton fans I know at work were gutted he went. They are shocked some Oldham fans didn't like him as they rate him very highly.

well if they want him back i'll feckin drive him meself,5 goals from 5 freekicks the worst goalkeeper i have ever seen in a latics shirt,chris day crap,we got rid off,budtz crap dropped and sent packing,brill mistake after mistake and yet penny keeps picking him,i can take defeat but it's the same ever home game now,christ give the young kid a chance.

Im getting fed up of people blaming Brill for every goal we concede. I freely admit he as dropped a couple (or good few) clangers and hasnt been the best, yet i dont feel he were at fault for todays goal. I were behind the free kick taker in the mian stand upper and the angle i saw it went in at, it just went in at the near post. Cracking free kick, top flight keepers would have struggled to save that.

Rubbish! Top flight keepers would stand in the middle of their goal at free kicks!

You're right, he needs his own chant. How about...

"Oldhams only one, Oldhams Oldhams only one!"

With every passing game I'm losing more and more patience with Penney. I'm coming to the conclusion he's thick.

E4e

DURRR

i have to agree,i mean it's bad enough signing brill,but signing colbeck and parting with cash,well that is just stupid :grin:

Explain to me how he was? Everyone was expecting the right footer to swing it in and then the left footer hits it in at the near post. Did you know that was coming? No and neither did anyone else. Dean Brill cant cover both posts and come to think of it neither can any keeper. What was he supposed to do? If you put a player on the post the first thing the attacking team do is stick 2 players infront of the keeper. Funny how when we concede every latics fan is suddenly a goal keeping coach. He was not at fault for that goal.

This is actually one of the most worst posts I have ever seen. Dean Brill was solely at fault for the goal. He set the wall, which the left footer then swung it past, not only right inside the post but actually into the middle of the goal. Dean Brill barely moved his feet only to push the ball straight into the goal. All this bollocks about 5 clean sheets in 8 is solely due to us playing genuinely gash teams and our defense doing well. Have you ever seen a keeper concede so many goals from free kicks. Is this coincidence

This is actually one of the most worst posts I have ever seen. Dean Brill was solely at fault for the goal. He set the wall, which the left footer then swung it past, not only right inside the post but actually into the middle of the goal. Dean Brill barely moved his feet only to push the ball straight into the goal. All this bollocks about 5 clean sheets in 8 is solely due to us playing genuinely gash teams and our defense doing well. Have you ever seen a keeper concede so many goals from free kicks. Is this coincidence

Disagree strongly there.

Gregan was at fault for the goal, we had a free kick which Gregan demanded played quickly to him, he got it then instead of playing the quick ball to the left he fannied about, lost the ball and Holdsworth committed a needless foul and Hudds scored from the resulting free kick.

It was a totally avoidable period of play that started with us in possession with a set piece to us and ended with a goal to them, we shouldn't have been in a position to concede if we hadn't made a hash of our free kick.

This is a Luton fan on Dean Brill when asked what they thought of him.

In short, pretty woeful.

Was very highly rated as a youngster, Liverpool reportedly looked at him when they bought Scott Carson. He never really kicked on despite being given countless chances. Was always a fairly solid shot stopper, but could not command his area, control the back four or catch the ball and was absolutely :censored: scared of crosses. The crowd got frustrated, got on his back and it showed in his very shaky/nervous performances last year. I thought a change of scene would help him, it obviously hasn’t.

I‘m glad we got rid and surprised you signed him to be honest.

FFS We see this every week get rid of him in January.

Disagree strongly there.

Gregan was at fault for the goal, we had a free kick which Gregan demanded played quickly to him, he got it then instead of playing the quick ball to the left he fannied about, lost the ball and Holdsworth committed a needless foul and Hudds scored from the resulting free kick.

It was a totally avoidable period of play that started with us in possession with a set piece to us and ended with a goal to them, we shouldn't have been in a position to concede if we hadn't made a hash of our free kick.

Irrelevant of the free kick being given away, Sean Gregan has given Dean Brill 5 clean sheets recently on his own. I dislike Sean Gregan completely, yet once the free kick is given away, no keeper should be beaten by that goal. I would doubt any Oldham fan would have Dean Brill ahead of Greg Fleming. Infact Id rather have a one armed Gary Kelly in net. There are far to many easy goals conceded by woeful keeping. He isnt deserving of any of our hard earned money

Guest sheridans_world
Irrelevant of the free kick being given away, Sean Gregan has given Dean Brill 5 clean sheets recently on his own. I dislike Sean Gregan completely, yet once the free kick is given away, no keeper should be beaten by that goal. I would doubt any Oldham fan would have Dean Brill ahead of Greg Fleming. Infact Id rather have a one armed Gary Kelly in net. There are far to many easy goals conceded by woeful keeping. He isnt deserving of any of our hard earned money

That's not needed.

Rubbish! Top flight keepers would stand in the middle of their goal at free kicks!

Top flight keepers maybe, at what level do we play? look im not into an argument over whether Brill is a good keeper as at present he aint showing it but i dont feel it was his fault today the free kick. The ball passed the post as physically possible without it touching the post itself. Further in the goal then yes Brill would have been more at fault.

Top flight keepers maybe, at what level do we play? look im not into an argument over whether Brill is a good keeper as at present he aint showing it but i dont feel it was his fault today the free kick. The ball passed the post as physically possible without it touching the post itself. Further in the goal then yes Brill would have been more at fault.

It was no more than a metre near the post as it crossed the line.