Dagnall

It'll be something around that mark given they sold a kid who'd never played to Celtic for £100,000. Add the Le Fondre money and more season tickets sold than any recent times. I wouldnt read too much into the 'skint' words. Particularly those wrote by the Observer (similar to the chron in twisting stories to make a headline). Let's not forget this is the same 'dale who've loaned Whaley from Norwich who's on a fair whack. Dale will always live within their means. Which is why Hilly constantly comes out with comments such as those last weekend aimed at Bournemouth and Rotherham (pretty much the same reason why he laughed when Rotherham wanted him). There's not an awful lot of money (the budget was reduced on last season - though the amount of players has dropped and you've got the likes of Dawson who've come in from Radcliffe Boro on free transfers on a pittance in the starting 11. They're not skint that they have to sell - though if an offer that meets the clubs valuation comes in then it'd be ta'ra to whoever it may be. Same as what the club has said for it's entire history.

2006/07 - 18 goals

2007/08 - 9 goals

2008/09 - 10 goals

This season - 9

Not too shabby for someone injury prone.

Interview was on Sky Sports Luke - as i said straight from the horses' mouths...

By the way from your stats, one ok season and he's on target to score a few this year but don't think he's worth £300k, he's worth what people will pay - like Eardley.

Edited by oafcprozac

dagnall is getting lots of goals at league two level and i think he would be a very good striker for league one. give him some service (like abbotts flick ons) and a player with the pace he does will get alot of goals. if we do get him though, dale would suffer. they always seem to sell their best players when they get good. rickie lambert, grant holt, glenn murray, adam le fondre are just a few

All clubs in league 2 do that. Infact the vast majority of league 1 clubs do (with the few notable exceptions)

"Swap you your established goalscorer who could command a fee for the striker who was our sides 19th choice last season and a kid who was lucky to get a run out in the Piss Pot trophy and has turned out the odd time while you've had him on loan from us."

"OK Dave, deal."

Uncle SAV will be around shortly,to have a word with said youngster..

But after yesterday I wouldn't blame him

hahahahaha!

Last night he said he doesn't want to go now!

"I only watch Oldham" he said clutching his Latics scarf, well there you go....

2006/07 - 18 goals

2007/08 - 9 goals

2008/09 - 10 goals

This season - 9

Not too shabby for someone injury prone.

Those stats don't make that great reading and at League 2 level as well, effectively 19 goals in 2 full seasons between 07 and 09.

I'm sure it will be said that he was out for periods with injury, but if he is injury prone then that has to be factored in when considering him as a possible target.

All things considered I think I'd pass, we have enough injured players already.

If he is over valued at 300K then we are not even remotely in the running for him anyway even with O'Grady and Stephens as part of the deal.

Most likely option is that 'dale will offer a small amount for O'Grady in January. Probably similar to what we paid for him.

If that is offered they'll have to give up the hand that will be whipped off too.

I reckon if they want in January they could get both those players for nowt (although we'd probably insist on a sell on clause for Stephens).

If that is offered they'll have to give up the hand that will be whipped off too.

I reckon if they want in January they could get both those players for nowt (although we'd probably insist on a sell on clause for Stephens).

It would appear from a few comments on this thread that I’m in a small minority; but I personally feel that Chris O'Grady could still do a more than adequate job for us here at BP as a suitable back-up to Pawel. We all know that big Pawel is due a Hernia Op sooner rather than later; and in terms of the link up / target man striker that Pawel is & how crucial he is to the way that Penney sets us up to play; we have no current replacement for his position.

COG wasn't given a fair crack here; he didn't get the run of games that he needed to kick-start his time here. I think as a big target man, who can hold up the ball & link up attacks; COG can fill that role.

I'd be disappointed if he were to be sold in Jan for one of these 'undisclosed nominal fees' that are all the rage at this club - I personally feel he still has a future with us & a role to play this season.

It would appear from a few comments on this thread that I’m in a small minority; but I personally feel that Chris O'Grady could still do a more than adequate job for us here at BP as a suitable back-up to Pawel. We all know that big Pawel is due a Hernia Op sooner rather than later; and in terms of the link up / target man striker that Pawel is & how crucial he is to the way that Penney sets us up to play; we have no current replacement for his position.

COG wasn't given a fair crack here; he didn't get the run of games that he needed to kick-start his time here. I think as a big target man, who can hold up the ball & link up attacks; COG can fill that role.

I'd be disappointed if he were to be sold in Jan for one of these 'undisclosed nominal fees' that are all the rage at this club - I personally feel he still has a future with us & a role to play this season.

Yep, agree - Stephens too...

I'm not sure that COG or Stephens will make the grade, but I don't think they've been given enough chance to impress - I really can't see what we'd lose by giving COG a chance over Parker, for example, for a solid run of games. And Stephens hasn't been given any chance to impress - considering we ponied up cash money for both, to cut our losses without even trying them seems a waste. Since nobody's going to be offering us a fee for them, and I doubt either are tying up a lot of the wage bill, what do we lose by trying them out?

(Of course, if we really do need to free wages that badly, then it does change the situation somewhat.)

i agree but i think a short term loan deal for a abbott like striker and then dagnall to feed off those flick ons would be better. or get ogrady back for the beginning of jan, pav has his op, see if cog does a decent job, if he does, keep him, if he doesnt get dagnall. but im not sure if it works like that