do we really need to move?

a few people have said on other threads,about how we have done a deal for some of the land for a developer to build houses on...with this in mind,do we really need to move to a new stadium,or now there is a slight upturn in the economy etc etc,could we not now re-develop bp???

in the short term maybe a new main stand where the lookers was,then just a new roof on the chaddy,do the old or current main stand at a later date

what do people think.or is it really a done deal and we have to move

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a few people have said on other threads,about how we have done a deal for some of the land for a developer to build houses on...with this in mind,do we really need to move to a new stadium,or now there is a slight upturn in the economy etc etc,could we not now re-develop bp???

in the short term maybe a new main stand where the lookers was,then just a new roof on the chaddy,do the old or current main stand at a later date

what do people think.or is it really a done deal and we have to move

House prices where reported last week to have risen for the first time in a long time...

The economy will recover...but it seems the TTA have lost patient...

The answer is no...but someone would need to keep shelling out while the economy continues recover...

Edited by oafc0000

personnally i didnt have a problem with failsworth in the first place only problem i had was was it the right thing to be leaving boundary park for any location but its getting to the stage now were i think we need to. think we need to get out of the place have a new start in a new stadium. its run down full of doom and gloom and looks abysmal like someone said further up its embarassing. how many times have we been to blackpool and think what a dump this is with two stands a few steps with seats on and nothing behind the goal. at least they managed to do a proper job of knocking there stands down we avnt even managed to get rid of the lookers properly

If this was true why aren't we being properly consulted... If it is such a easy sell that is...

The idea that football fans should be consulted by the clubs they support is relatively new. Take it or leave it has always been the norm.

That should be the name of the proposed mini-ground at Failsworth: The Take it or Leave It Arena.

The idea that football fans should be consulted by the clubs they support is relatively new. Take it or leave it has always been the norm.

That should be the name of the proposed mini-ground at Failsworth: The Take it or Leave It Arena.

I totally agree... But if that is the case then we need to stop holding up TTA for knights in shining amour and review them as they come...business men in search of profit possibly at our expense ...

If you consult 5000 people how many options/ideas will you have on the table? someone, usually the one funding the project has to take it forward, if the tta leave us with a new ground and a team to support with a few quid in their pockets, good luck to them, how many hours were we away from disaster?

If you consult 5000 people how many options/ideas will you have on the table?

You know I reckon not that many differing ones...

someone, usually the one funding the project has to take it forward, if the tta leave us with a new ground and a team to support with a few quid in their pockets, good luck to them,

Well lets be frank... Its the land that is funding the project... Unless your suggesting we are going to be lumping ourselves with debit or the TTA are handing out a load of free cash ?

how many hours were we away from disaster?

Probably about the same amount of hours as in Blairs fake intelligence...

If you consult 5000 people how many options/ideas will you have on the table? someone, usually the one funding the project has to take it forward, if the tta leave us with a new ground and a team to support with a few quid in their pockets, good luck to them, how many hours were we away from disaster?

I don't think anybody is arguing that TTA shouldn't be looking to make a profit, but simply having 'a team to support' is clearly not enough if you look at the alarmig drop in attendances. And the thing is that, in planning to build a small capacity lower division stadium, they are simply sending the stayaways and the many cynics in the town a message that this is as good as it gets. Simply having 'a team to support' in Failsworth will transfer all the current problems over there (unless there is some magical generator of massive funding contained in the plan that they're keeping quiet.)

So why do you want to stay where we are?

i would want to stay here.as no matter how bad it is,or looks at present its home..its our spiritual home....and everything wrong with it at present is purely cosmetic.

i think we could do a new main stand like we wanted in the first place,and then go for a new roof on the chaddy and upgrade the facilities,bring in outside proffessional caterers and totally revamp the remaining stands.

people know where bp is,people are used to where bp is,it has more potential for a higher capacity ground than failsworth has,doesnt have much opposition at present,is easy accessible via rail road links....and people dont feel like there being sold down the road.

Because they naively believe that the fans will just go along with everything that thay do for the love of their team.

I love the way you conveniently forgot:

£8m to buy the ground back

The £50k per week (subsidy for a number of seasons

THe £20k per week subsidy it probably is now.

The fact they were prepared to build a £80m development

The fact they are determined to build a self sufficient stadium

The fact they continued to invest, and back the manager even in a reccesion offically the longest in history in the UK

The fact their businessin the US has been undoubtedly hit.

The fact they are still here

Some people think the world owes them everyithng

I don't think anybody is arguing that TTA shouldn't be looking to make a profit, but simply having 'a team to support' is clearly not enough if you look at the alarmig drop in attendances. And the thing is that, in planning to build a small capacity lower division stadium, they are simply sending the stayaways and the many cynics in the town a message that this is as good as it gets. Simply having 'a team to support' in Failsworth will transfer all the current problems over there (unless there is some magical generator of massive funding contained in the plan that they're keeping quiet.)

This I would definitely agree with. Although I am for the move in principle at the moment, I do have reservations, similar ones to oafc0000.

The business ventures that have been mentioned to provide the extra income that we know about are...

2x 3g full size pitches

2x grass full size pitches

10x five a side pitches

At the moment our losses are in the region of 40k a month (correct me if I'm wrong). Even if you chuck in the above, along with conferencing facilities, would this really provide the club with 40k a month extra income, or the extra income needed to allow the club to progress further, as opposed just consolidating our current position (or at best, making us a yo yo club between the championship and league 1), that is one of my key concerns.

In order to get out of this division without the aid of a wealthy benefactor, any plans to make the club 'self sufficient' must be able to support a wage bill somewhat larger than the one we have now in order to bring in the quality needed. I am struggling to see how the profits (The return received on an investment after all charges have been paid) generated from the facilities mentioned above would hit 40k a month consistently.

This I would definitely agree with. Although I am for the move in principle at the moment, I do have reservations, similar ones to oafc0000.

The business ventures that have been mentioned to provide the extra income that we know about are...

2x 3g full size pitches

10x five a side pitches

At the moment our losses are in the region of 40k a month (correct me if I'm wrong). Even if you chuck in the above, along with conferencing facilities, would this really provide the club with 40k a month extra income, or the extra income needed to allow the club to progress further, as opposed just consolidating our current position (or at best, making us a yo yo club between the championship and league 1), that is one of my key concerns.

In order to get out of this division without the aid of a wealthy benefactor, any plans to make the club 'self sufficient' must be able to support a wage bill somewhat larger than the one we have now in order to bring in the quality needed. I am struggling to see how the profits (The return received on an investment after all charges have been paid) generated from the facilities mentioned above would hit 40k a month consistently.

i seriously doubt they would

i myself am not against a move in principle...but it has to be right for the majority and for the right reasons.

every man and his dog knew how the land was always going to be the golden egg..just like clayton fileds is,and hence why at various points its been tried to be bought.

2x 3g full size pitches

10x five a side pitches

Exactly... I would also add...

It also needs to be demonstrated if we will own said facilities and how much of the profits (if they indeed turn a profit) we will get...

i seriously doubt they would

i myself am not against a move in principle...but it has to be right for the majority and for the right reasons.

every man and his dog knew how the land was always going to be the golden egg.just like clayton fileds is,and hence why at various points its been tried to be bought.

hence a question to be put to the club, 'why is it not financially viable to redevelop boundary park', or 'why a scaled down development at failsworth and not boundary park'. What restrictions are there in place on the land at boundary park re building facilities that will generate revenue to keep the club afloat that are not in place in failsworth?

If only we had someone who sat at board level who could speak to the fans and get rid of all our doubts...

I think we used to have someone who did this... You can sometimes see his ghost appearing in the "who's online" section... Either there or scraping the barrel in some prison for our next signing :lol: