abbott, bad news!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice dig Diego, I wonder if I went through all your posts saying how you had used your "expert opinion" wrongly how many posts I would then have. Yes I said it was :censored: but that's because someone somewhere has given away confidential information (and they know it) and I doubt with the current fuss over memory sticks and what not anyone in the NHS would be that stupid. But then again its all good isn't it because it is in a certain public's interest to find out that their star striker isn't well.

Do NHS rules and regulations cover Germany?

One man's "being smug" is another man's pointing out to someone, who had little faith in reliable information, the opportunity missed to be aware of what was going on at the Club we all love.

I always think rudemedic tries to be smug. He tried shootin down a post from someone who was only trying to pass on information and was completely correct anyway.

Nice dig Diego, I wonder if I went through all your posts saying how you had used your "expert opinion" wrongly how many posts I would then have. Yes I said it was :censored: but that's because someone somewhere has given away confidential information (and they know it) and I doubt with the current fuss over memory sticks and what not anyone in the NHS would be that stupid. But then again its all good isn't it because it is in a certain public's interest to find out that their star striker isn't well.

it appeared to me that, with your medical professional knowledge, you got wrapped up in the ethics of the matter.

It was probably simply a matter of Pav missing from taining because he'd gone to Germany for an operation. The players ask how the op's gone and they're told about complications and the timescale for his absence. They then tell family and friends.

Blimey, England players tell the Press about team selection as soon as they know it, so there's no way this was going to be kept as a secret.

I couldn't resist the dig because sometimes even a medic needs to listen to a second opinion. :wink:

Right to deal with the posts in order- Yes NHS rules about patient confidentiality covers Germany- they are universal rules. Yes I do come across as being smug but so what I'm also fairly intelligent and can see through holes in people's arguments/suggestions/rumours and sometimes I post these holes and that makes me seem smug by using logic to suggest how a rumour is :censored: personally I'd rather be smug than post a whole bunch of made up BS. All these people with their various sources had to do was say he had it done on the Monday in Germany (if they knew in which case how good are their sources) and my whole argument fails down before we find out he isn't playing- yes I'm aware one person did say that but that person hasn't been entirely realible so has quite rightly earned his reputation as someone not to be believed.

Oh and Diego a medic does need to listen to a second opinion of course they do, especially when the information they receive isn't accurate but you being an internet whizz with all your posts knew that didn't you. I heard a lot of interesting tidbits of info yesterday which stemmed from someone in the club but I'm not posting them as I want to respect patient's confidentiality, I want to respect my mate who although not liking Oldham is my source, oh and while the info is probably currently accurate it might not be when it comes down to it being proven.

I've no personal knowledge of anything to do with this story, I just have a reliable :sauce: who posts on here.

Presumably better medical expertise in Germany in this particular field....... in spite of invading Poland :wink:......so why the complications? :unsure:

I think its much more likely to be something more akin to what the poster above you posted- as I doubt it was that complicated it needed some worldwide expert if he was playing with the problem for at least a month. Another could be waiting list time, he might have been able to have the op on Monday in Germany but had to wait an extra few days in the UK as the surgeon in the UK did some of his other work- probably for the NHS.

It may depend on the complications- one complication could be a possible post-op infection (that's unlikely since the complications thing was posted quite early on and post-op infections don't tend to manifest themsleves that early). Another complication could be that instead of having the operation laproscopically as originally intended they had to do it the old fashioned way which means more time needed to heal. Get your sources on it Diego.

All these people with their various sources had to do was say he had it done on the Monday in Germany (if they knew in which case how good are their sources) and my whole argument fails down...

Date, place, consequences were all stated.

Heard off someone that pav is out of the leeds game. ..

I've been told the same tonight by an Athletic player.

I also got told he had gone to Germany for it

pav, as had the operation today! and there have been conplications, so im told" looks like six week! goes from bad to worse!

Oh and Diego a medic does need to listen to a second opinion of course they do, especially when the information they receive isn't accurate but you being an internet whizz with all your posts knew that didn't you.

I've never been called an internet whizz before and I don't know wheter to be flattered or not. :unsure:

One man's "being smug" is another man's pointing out to someone, who had little faith in reliable information, the opportunity missed to be aware of what was going on at the Club we all love.

You was being smug. Corner stone of the club though and all that.

Date, place, consequences were all stated.

Really I didn't realise that the 3rd, 4th, 5th of November were all some mystical date with 72 hours crammed into one day. My original point earlier in the week was that someone posted at 3.47 pm on the 5th that Pav had had the op today (no mention of Germany in that post) and there had been complications and I questioned the realibility of this knowing how health systems work. Lags, someone I don't know, but I do know his face unlike the other two people who posted rumours, said something along the lines that Pav wasn't going to be missing for the Leeds game from a conversation he had with AH at the ressies. Now I'm aware that Lags since posted that maybe he misinterpreted what was said but it seemed viable at the time that Pav hadn't had the op (just as much as he had had the op) and I used logic (not rumour or sources) to suggest that this was the case based on the info given. Now my logic has been proven wrong but not one poster said it was this and this and this here it was all hearsay and I know what I'd rather rely on in court.

I thought I'd slip one in there Harry just to test if you were keeping your head down on here. :wink:

Well in that case i've been rumbled.

Keeping head down yes, because certain people made comments suggesting that I shouldn't post because of a certain reason. So no more info from me.

Cheers,

Harry

You was being smug. Corner stone of the club though and all that.

If pointing out what has been ignored is being smug, then smug, or striving for accuracy as I prefer to call it, is my middle name. However, on "Corner stone of the club and all that", I think you're confusing me with someone else, as I'm just your regular mug who keeps supporting the Club and asking for nothing in return but honest endeavour from all concened in the hope that occasionally I can share in something momentous that is not available in other leisure pursuits.

It's where he has a surgeon he trusts?

It might be cheaper for the Club?

It might be easier for his wider family to visit him?

Dunno!

Germany is where the famous "hernia surgeon" is. A regular hernia op takes about 4 weeks to recover from -- but with her, it takes about 2. There's probably a reason nothing is being clarified....

This is depressing. Every time I have a new favorite player, he goes down. :blink:

Germany is where the famous "hernia surgeon" is. A regular hernia op takes about 4 weeks to recover from -- but with her, it takes about 2. There's probably a reason nothing is being clarified....

This is depressing. Every time I have a new favorite player, he goes down. :blink:

Two weeks instead of four becomes four-six weeks. A stich in time saves nine. Not being a medic, could the complications be that she dropped a stitch? :unsure:

cough, cough...ermmmmm...being our neighbour across the water....I don't think Pawel would like the phrase that "he goes down...." in any context....... even in football......lol

This is depressing. Every time I have a new favourite player, he goes down. :blink:

Isn't it this that got you entangled with Latics in the first place??? :grin: