Seriously this side is gash. I've said for the last week we need a :censored: striker and today proved it, absolutely gutless and clueless up front. The whole team bar three/four players are not good enough.

Lacked any passion, enthusim and skill tonight, it was literally :censored: woeful

"Out of the cup on a whim" "never really threatened"

its the fa cup, i love the cup, so disappointed tonight

we won at brighton luckily bar that results have been woeful

get a :censored: striker in ffs

oh and its the fa cup and we're 1-0 down so what do we do? bring off a striker and bring on a DMC

then wait till 9 mintues to go to bring a striker on

why not play Eaves? been banging them in for the youth, has that goalscoring feel, worth a go

seriously poor tonight

gutted, disappointed more than angry

ffs sort it out

IF you had a brain, you'd've noticed that the last 3 sides we've played at home had much larger budgets than us...

So'ton have enough for a £1m striker, Hudds have released half of our current team, and Dirty can afford to turn down multi-million pound offers for God Beckford.

All those games were bonus games, IMO, and, although it's disappointing not to get anything from them, we've been far from outclassed in any of them!

IF you had a brain, you'd've noticed that the last 3 sides we've played at home had much larger budgets than us...

So'ton have enough for a £1m striker, Hudds have released half of our current team, and Dirty can afford to turn down multi-million pound offers for God Beckford.

All those games were bonus games, IMO, and, although it's disappointing not to get anything from them, we've been far from outclassed in any of them!

Whether the last three teams we've played have larger budgets or not, it's largely immaterial. In all of these games we've been very poor.

Yes, we've had chronic injury problems all season, but even the teams that have been put out don't seem to be giving much at all. Tonight for example, we sat soooo deep it was unbelievable - we'd surrendered the midfield from the first minute. Kilkenny had a field day.

We didn't actually look too bad at the back. Flahaven hardly had a save to make and couldn't do anything about the first goal - didn't even see the second, so I can't comment. Greegs and Rubes seemed solid enough.

The midfield was pretty non existent though. Furman had a poor game, as did :censored: (who's been otherwise pretty consistent recently). Joe Colbeck? Don't even get me started. If he's a professional footballer then I'm Ronal:censored:ingdinho. A criminal waste of a transfer fee - Bradford must be laughing their bollocks off.

Chris Taylor was our only real threat tonight - creative and eager, he actually wanted to go at them, and he carved them open on a few occasions.

Parker was a complete waste of time. Ryan Brooke offered more in his first 30 seconds than Parker did the entire game.

On the whole, we looked like the away side we were that deep. Too many aimless long balls because of it. Can't remember seeing a Latics side that toothless.

We're in for a bumpy ride this season. And I fear it's only going to get bumpier.

A very depressing day.

Whether the last three teams we've played have larger budgets or not, it's largely immaterial. In all of these games we've been very poor.

Yes, we've had chronic injury problems all season, but even the teams that have been put out don't seem to be giving much at all. Tonight for example, we sat soooo deep it was unbelievable - we'd surrendered the midfield from the first minute. Kilkenny had a field day.

We didn't actually look too bad at the back. Flahaven hardly had a save to make and couldn't do anything about the first goal - didn't even see the second, so I can't comment. Greegs and Rubes seemed solid enough.

The midfield was pretty non existent though. Furman had a poor game, as did :censored: (who's been otherwise pretty consistent recently). Joe Colbeck? Don't even get me started. If he's a professional footballer then I'm Ronal:censored:ingdinho. A criminal waste of a transfer fee - Bradford must be laughing their bollocks off.

Chris Taylor was our only real threat tonight - creative and eager, he actually wanted to go at them, and he carved them open on a few occasions.

Parker was a complete waste of time. Ryan Brooke offered more in his first 30 seconds than Parker did the entire game.

On the whole, we looked like the away side we were that deep. Too many aimless long balls because of it. Can't remember seeing a Latics side that toothless.

We're in for a bumpy ride this season. And I fear it's only going to get bumpier.

A very depressing day.

That's how many saw it I think, but did the manager ?

True we haven't been outclassed but we can't take advantage because we don't offer enough of a threat, If we go one down that's it game over!

A very depressing day.

Ditto to all you have said, Brooke should have been on half an hour earlier IMO. Parker needs to start running at the box,he will never look like scoring but might get us the odd penalty now and then.Toothless sums it up completely.

True we haven't been outclassed but we can't take advantage because we don't offer enough of a threat, If we go one down that's it game over!

Agree...we are our own worst enemy not the opposition. The teams that have turned up, in my opinion have not totally played us of the pitch.

Its our own ability, or lack off to find the back of the net

Leeds were just as bad as us.

Can't wait for the league game in a few weeks time - have a crack at that defence especially in the middle, they are very shakey there

C'mon Oldham.......

Seriously this side is gash. I've said for the last week we need a :censored: striker and today proved it, absolutely gutless and clueless up front. The whole team bar three/four players are not good enough.

Lacked any passion, enthusim and skill tonight, it was literally :censored: woeful

"Out of the cup on a whim" "never really threatened"

its the fa cup, i love the cup, so disappointed tonight

we won at brighton luckily bar that results have been woeful

get a :censored: striker in ffs

oh and its the fa cup and we're 1-0 down so what do we do? bring off a striker and bring on a DMC

then wait till 9 mintues to go to bring a striker on

why not play Eaves? been banging them in for the youth, has that goalscoring feel, worth a go

seriously poor tonight

gutted, disappointed more than angry

ffs sort it out

why can't people grasp the gravity of the situation...we ain't got no money because the folk of oldham and surrounding districts can't be arsed folowing there local club..no money no decent players ....

sooner or later the :censored: will hit the fan and clubs like oldham will cease trading and that's a fact goodnight

Totally Agree with how we approached the game - no midfield presence whatsoever

Again a decent performance from the two centre backs - but we dropped too deep allowing Howson too much room to shoot - still a great shot though!

Flahaven looked to have a decent presence at the back. Hills - not bad for a 19 year old making his debut.

Colbeck - cannot control a ball to save his life - should have got a shot on target early in the first half but his touch was woeful. Furman was not that bad but was lacking any real support as :censored: and Whittaker were off the pace for most of the game.

Chris Taylor was our only real threat tonight - creative and eager, he actually wanted to go at them, and he carved them open on a few occasions. But no end product - one decent shot all gameParker was a complete waste of time. Ryan Brooke offered more in his first 30 seconds than Parker did the entire game.

We simply have too many passengers in the side: Colbeck, Whittaker, Parker, Lee - even Smalley just flatters to deceive.

A very depressing day.

See inline comments - we are a poor side with too many journeymen and below average players - not much fun being a tic at the moment. :angry:

Edited by TheBigDog

We are really struggling because of the lack of quality throughout the whole team.

The good performances we have put in have been away from home (apart from MK Franchise) where we have generally formed a rear guard action (Charlton, Southend and Brighton) and nicked a goal or two, and worked really hard.

At home the onus is upon us to attack and break teams down, we really don't have the quality to do this, we looked toothless up front with Abbott but without him we really are struggling.

The work ethic in the team is still really good, but you need more than that against decent sides like Southampton, Huddersfield and Leeds.

In the Huddersfield match I think we only created one scoring chance (Abbott), last night we created one very good scoring chance (Colbeck) who has a touch like a baby elephant, aside from that we had a couple of half chances but their keeper didn't make a save of note.

It's very frustrating to watch at the moment, we can only hope with the return of Abbott and then hopefully getting Purdie fit at some stage they will make a telling difference, either way they are both some way off fitness so we will have to soldier on as we are.

It's going to be a long winter as we are out of all the cups in the first round and only have a mid-table finish (at best) to look forward to.